Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #31
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cincinnati Bengals official offseason thread

did Owens see alot of doubles in Buffalo?

I know Marshall demands doubles, but I didn't get a chance to see alot of Bills stuff...

Didn't the Jets glue Revis to him?

it seems to me that it is impossible to know what you are get with Owens now...

you could be getting a f*ckin killer though...even with the drops, with a QB like Palmer he could eat up a defense...if he is still somewhat who he was...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #32
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bengals reportedly sign Bryant to a 4 year deal

Quote:
Wide receiver Antonio Bryant has agreed to a four-year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals, his agent, Patrick Brougham, told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

Bryant's contract is worth $28 million, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton. With incentives, he could make as much as $29 million.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 03-10-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #33
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this upsets me...

I was REALLY hoping to see a Owens and Ocho duo...that would have been entertaining as hell...

oh well, they probably signed the one that makes the most sense though...
Old 03-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #34
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

Bryant has been very good for some extremely bad teams, with a lot of attention going to Ocho Cinco he could be in line for a career season. Don't know what's going on with Carson Palmer but if he gets back to gunslinging, Bryant is good for 80 catches and 1100 yards.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #35
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Parcells put up with Bryant for like 2 days then kicked his ass out of Dallas...

serioulsy though, Bryant might be more of a head case than Owens...not Marshall though, f*ck that idiot...
Old 03-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #36
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Unless I'm forgetting someone, Palmer will be the best QB that Bryant has ever played for.

It's a solid signing, and I think they made the right move.

EDIT: found this on the Bengals board. QB's Bryant has played for:

1. 2002 was Quincy Carter with Dallas
2. 2003 was Quincy Carter again in Dallas
3. 5 games in 2004 was with Vinny Testaverde with Dallas
4. 10 games in 2004 was with Jeff Garcia with Cleveland
5. 2005 was Trent Dilfer (appeared in 11 games) and Charlie Frye (7) with Cleveland
6. 2006 was Alex Smith (rookie) with San Francisco
7. 2008 was Jeff Garcia (appeared in 12 games) and Brian Griese (5) with Tampa Bay
8. 2009 was Josh Freeman (rookie - appeared in 10) Josh Johnson (5) and Byron Leftwich (3) with Tampa Bay

Last edited by mlh1981 : 03-11-2010 at 08:02 PM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #37
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yay, my team didn't overpay for Bryant!
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #38
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Yay, my team didn't overpay for Bryant!

meh, he was the best available on the market, and it was an area of need for the team. It's what the market dictated. Maybe a bit high, but I'll take it. An upgrade over Laverneaus Coles. He can catch the ball (unlike Coles) and get deep down the field.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #39
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Bryant wasn't a "headcase" in Tampa for the two years we had him. He was a BEAST two years ago (with freakin Jeff Garcia at QB, who can't throw deeper than 35 yards), but was nicked up all season from a few injuries.

I think he'll go for 85 rec, 1200 yards, 8-10 TDs this season and he'll be the TRUE number 1 WR in Cincy next season.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:11 PM   #40
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Bryant wasn't a "headcase" in Tampa for the two years we had him. He was a BEAST two years ago (with freakin Jeff Garcia at QB, who can't throw deeper than 35 yards), but was nicked up all season from a few injuries.

I think he'll go for 85 rec, 1200 yards, 8-10 TDs this season and he'll be the TRUE number 1 WR in Cincy next season.
not a chance in hell with Ocho there...

Ocho is much more talented...
Old 03-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #41
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Bengals vs. Steelers showdown from week 3 on NFL network right now.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #42
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
not a chance in hell with Ocho there...

Ocho is much more talented...

IF Bryant is healthy and stays relatively healthy the whole season, I bet you that Bryant has more yards than Ocho.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #43
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Bengals vs. Steelers showdown from week 3 on NFL network right now.

Is that the game where Cincy won in the final seconds? That was one of the best games of the season last year. Wish I had NFL Network.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #44
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Is that the game where Cincy won in the final seconds? That was one of the best games of the season last year. Wish I had NFL Network.

Yes, it was incredible. I was there.

The first half was awful. I had seen this script before, and I hated it. I mean, for YEARS, we have been the Steelers' b!tch. Big, bad Pittsburgh was once again owning us, in OUR stadium, but they should have been beating us by halftime by MUCH more than they actually were (I can't remember the actual score without looking it up).

We just kept hanging around. They had several chances to deliver the knockout blow, but couldn't. Limas Sweed dropped a sure touchdown that would probably have given them the victory.

After we scored there at the end, I didn't care that the Steelers had 70-some yards to get the touchdown in the waning seconds. I was scared to death. I figured Ben would throw a bomb all the way down the field, and Holmes would catch it in the end zone with triple coverage, or some crazy ass shit like that. Would just be their luck.

Didn't rest until the clock hit triple zeros.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #45
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

1st round--Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma. He missed all of 2009 due to a knee injury, but looks to be fully recovered. Is compared to Todd Heap. Has got good hands, which is something we didn't have much of last year. Some say he's not a good blocker, but other reports say that he's adequate enough. Fill a strong team need, so happy with this pick.

2nd round--Carlos Dunlap, DE Florida. Pass rush was lacking after the Antwan Odom injury, so I'm glad we went in this direction. I thought maybe they would draft a safety, perhaps Taylor Mays. Main question with Dunlap is his maturity.

I like the collection of talent we have at the DE spot. There is the aforementioned Odom, Michael Johnson, Johnathan Fanene, who was solid last year after Odom went down, and Bob Geathers, who doesn't collect the stats, but can be disruptive.

3rd round--Brandon Ghee, CB Wake Forest. For what it's worth, he ran the fastest combine time amongst corners. We may not be able to keep Johnathan Joseph AND Leon Hall longterm, so he may fill in.

3rd round--Jordan Shipey, WR Texas. Has overcome early injury issues in his career. Bengals need help at this position, so glad to see them draft him. Can play the slot, and is a good YAC guy. One of the top rated wideouts of this draft.

4th round--Geno Atkins, DT Georgia. Thought they might go safety here, but they added some depth to the D-line. For what it's worth, a rather fast DT

4th round comp. pick--Roddrick Muckelroy, OLB Texas. A move for depth and for the chance that Dhani Jones shows signs of aging this year.

5th round--Otis Hudson, G/C Eastern Illinois. A bit of an unknown. Bengals fans are grumbling a bit about this pick. Hard worker, and saw a few comparisons to Michael Oher.

6th round--Dezmon Briscoe, WR Kansas. They say he catches everything throw his way. A bit slow, but they say the same thing about other guys who go on to have good careers. Compared to TJ Houshmanzadeh. We got A LOT of guys going into training camp, vying for that 3rd reciever spot. Love the competition.

7th round--Reggie Stephens, C, Iowa State. A versitile player, and adds to the depth

I'm somewhat surprised no safeties were drafted, but overall, I'm happy with the draft.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: