Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Cleveland Browns Official Offseason thread

figured since everyone else was doing it

Well, we ended up finishing the season on a strong note, with a four game winning streak. the most impressive part was probably our running game, with Jerome Harrison powering the offense even when the opposing defenses knew we were going to run, this has to do in part with Harrison just being flat out better this season then the man he replaced Jamal Lewis, having that extra burst that allowed him to hit the holes that our O-line (easily the strength of the team) opened.

With that said, the rest of our offense was anemic, one can't help but to be disappointed with Brian Robinske, one of the supposedly most NFL ready Wrs from last years draft. Mohamed Massaquoi however was a pleasant surprise. I'm completely done with Anderson, but even Quinn doesn't look like a long term solution in the limited capacity we've seen him.

With an eye to the draft, we have to shore up our Defense, and if Eric Berry could fall to us that would be fantastic. If not, if Bradford is there, it might be for the best to pick him up.

In term of pure needs, i think it goes QB, DB/Safety, Pass rusher, and a RT

any other Browns fans have anything to correct or throw out there?
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Official Offseason thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2MOiEnnF8
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

-"I know talent."

Browns are in good hands.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Have you guys given Ratliff a chance yet?
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
Have you guys given Ratliff a chance yet?
from most accounts, pre-season and training camp, he didn't preform any better than Richard Bartel, the other QB battling for the 3rd string role. he only really made the team because of ties to Mangini
Old 01-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

so anyone with ESPN insider want to post some info on two rumors involving the browns

Marshall-for-Quinn in the works?
Browns in on Troy(smith) deal?
Old 01-31-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
so anyone with ESPN insider want to post some info on two rumors involving the browns

I really want to hear about this.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

if they have an offer on the table to trade Quinn for Marshall, they should take it. Smith would be a solid stop gap until they can find a franchise QB.

Troy Smith, Jerome Harrison, Brandon Marshall, Mohammod Massaquoi, Josh Cribbs is a pretty fun offense to think about. maybe draft Aaron Hernandez in the second round.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker

Those deals sound like some shyt a fan made up
Old 01-31-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Those deals sound like some shyt a fan made up
i could possibly see T.Smith deal have some legs, i mean B-more already has it's starting QB for awhile. and he Smith asked to be traded.

but i gotta agree about the marshall thing, there is no way in hell that gets swung.

but still anyone with insider. hook a dude up
Old 01-31-2010, 10:56 PM   #11
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Once again I'll repeat it. ESPN Insider is them taking other articles on the web, saying it's "insider", and getting money off of it.

http://nflmocks.com/2010/01/31/could...r-brady-quinn/

Quote:
One landing spot that has been speculated for Marshall is the Cleveland Browns. The rumor initially pointed to Browns playmaker Josh Cribbs and draft picks being involved in the deal but new reports link quarterback Brady Quinn to the discussion.

The trade would fill holes for both teams. Denver needs to rid themselves of Marshall, and picking up an explosive weapon like Cribbs would bring a new dynamic to their offense. Brady Quinn is also a solid back up and could possibly challenge Kyle Orton for the starting quarterback job.

Cleveland needs help, well, everywhere. Marshall is one of the most physically gifted wide outs in the sport and he would replace Braylon Edwards — who was traded to the New York Jets mid-season — as the team’s number one option.

Marshall for Quinn is purely speculation at this point.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor..._browns. html
Quote:
Troy Smith wants to play for the Cleveland Browns, the Ravens backup quarterback recently told ESPN Radio's Cleveland affiliate.

Smith, who grew up in Cleveland, has occasionally talked about his affection for the city since he was drafted by the Ravens in 2007.

When asked about his desire to play for the Browns, Smith told ESPN Radio, "There is no doubt about it. It has always been a childhood dream of mine."

Smith added, "It's funny how we always talk about Cleveland. That's the first thing that comes to mind with anything I do whether I get a chance to come home and be a part of that organization or not. You know, I would love to get that chance if that opportunity comes up, but the political and right thing to say in this situation is that I would love to be anywhere that would give me a chance. But, without a doubt, there would be no second guessing in my mind if I could come back home and be a part of something that I love."

Can't believe ESPN makes money off of this. The first one is just some random guy talking in his blog.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #12
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

wow, thanks Post...

but those articles were worthless.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports..._call_eag.html

I understand Heckert is there but...that's gotta be false.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports..._call_eag.html

I understand Heckert is there but...that's gotta be false.

Well I'm sure Clevland is interested in Kolb or Mcnabb. Being as tho QB is a position of concern. And the Eagles are at a point where they could move 1. The way i read it Clevland called and let Philly know if they come to a point where they want to move a QB, they are interested.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #15
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Well I'm sure Clevland is interested in Kolb or Mcnabb. Being as tho QB is a position of concern. And the Eagles are at a point where they could move 1. The way i read it Clevland called and let Philly know if they come to a point where they want to move a QB, they are interested.
Well I mean if a team is going to covet McNabb knowing they're likely getting a 1 year rental, or a QB for the next few years who is aging, I assumed it would be a team whose ONLY missing piece is a QB. Not just one of many missing pieces.

Cribbs for McNabb.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: