Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Official Offseason thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Well I mean if a team is going to covet McNabb knowing they're likely getting a 1 year rental, or a QB for the next few years who is aging, I assumed it would be a team whose ONLY missing piece is a QB. Not just one of many missing pieces.

Cribbs for McNabb.

I see what you're saying but I dunno maybe I'm overrating the value of Holgrem/Heckert addition there? I just think Clevland is headed in the right direction just by those front office moves. And with the NFL having parity, getting a QB of Mcnabbs caliber would be the best step. Stability at QB? Key. The missing pieces after QB can now be filled. No need to worry about QB, and with the 7th pick you got some options to turn too on who you draft. Altho the focus has to be on defense because that roster is horrible. Whats up with DT Shaun Rogers? Is he thier Shawn Andrews?

Call me crazy but I want draft picks for Mcnabb instead of Cribbs. Start with thier 2nd round pick and go from there.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #17
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Stability at QB? Key.
I understand that, and I agree that they're going in the right direction, but I feel by the time they get there they'll be looking for a new QB. Which would put them almost in the same boat they're in now.

Quote:
Call me crazy but I want draft picks for Mcnabb instead of Cribbs. Start with thier 2nd round pick and go from there.
That's why I mentioned the "1 year rental" part. Can't see a team giving up a high draft pick for a guy like McNabb unless they feel they can contend for a Super Bowl in that 1 year. If they were targeting Kolb then I would understand that more but at the same time I can't see them giving up a high draft pick for him either considering they don't know how good he'll be and neither does Kolb's current team.

Something that could potentially throw all my talk out the window is, well, if McNabb is still playing at a high level in 3 years or so when the Browns are ready to contend. He'll be 36...Kurt Warner was great this year at 38, Favre at 40, we've seen a high level of play from Jeff Garcia at ages 37 and 38. It's entirely possible that McNabb is still playing well at that age. It's not as if he scrambles anymore to say he'll lose that part of his game, it's already gone.

It could happen, just can't see them giving up something like a 2nd rounder. And if they do Philly needs to jump all over it.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #18
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just read on philly.com a National Football Post writer suggesting a trade of Shaun Rodgers for Kevin Kolb. You'll probably see it as a headline a couple days from now..."Kevin Kolb likely headed to Cleveland for Shaun Rodgers! Wanna read more? Get ESPN Insider!"
Old 02-12-2010, 01:39 AM   #19
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I just read on philly.com a National Football Post writer suggesting a trade of Shaun Rodgers for Kevin Kolb. You'll probably see it as a headline a couple days from now..."Kevin Kolb likely headed to Cleveland for Shaun Rodgers! Wanna read more? Get ESPN Insider!"
I don't really have a problem with trading Shaun. He is expendable at this point and our defense actually played better without him. However, Kevin Kolb? Is he really the future for us?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #20
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

It was a suggestion rather than a rumor. The Eagles wouldn't do it.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont like Kolb ( i never say cobb, always kolb like bulb). But Eagles do and they are not about to give him away and eventually have to look for a new QB when Mcnabb days are done. They've been grooming him from day 1. 2 QBs who could be traded are Vick and Mcnabb. Eagles trying to act like they want Vick i guess to keep some value there for teams who may want him. But he is due to make over $5mil. This team didnt want to pay Jeff Gacia to backup again because it was "too much" (he wanted to be the highest paid backup). What makes me think Vick will be paid $5mil+ especially when they rarely used him much during the entire season.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #22
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Browns got Fujita. INSTANT SUPERBOWL CONTENDERS!!!!
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #23
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

The Browns are quietly having a nice start to their offseason. They're not overpaying for players in a paper thin free agent group. Holmgren is going to turn this team around quickly IMO. Pashos and Fujita are both quality veterans who are immediate upgrades at linebacker and tackle.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #24
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just a couple news and notes about the browns
Quote:
The Browns have traded Corey Williams to the Detroit Lions.

Deal is Lions get Williams and a 7th round pick from the Browns. In return the Browns will get the Lions 5th rounder, a pick the Lions got from Denver in a draft day trade last season.

Williams was going to be cut next week if he wasn't traded.

Quote:
Cribbs gets his new contract
According to MKC of the Plain Dealer, Josh Cribbs and the Browns have agreed to a new contract.

Replacing the final three years of his original contract, Cribbs will now make up to 20 MIL, with 7.5 MIL of that guaranteed.

Josh Cribbs will now be paid more per season than Devin Hester.

Quote:
Browns are interested in David Carr
According to Matt Maiocco, a 49er reporter, the Browns will be an option for Carr if he leaves SF without a contract.

... well i hope they are kidding about Carr.
I'm happy we've locked up Cribbs, i think the price is a good one.
and more picks are good
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #25
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Schefter
Cleveland gave up an undisclosed 2011 undisclosed - what has to be a late-round pick - for QB Seneca Wallace.
One more to the QB battle?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #26
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Browns got Pashos! Rats, I know he isn't world-beater but I wanted WSH to sign SOMEONE recognizable for the O-line. Perhaps he wouldn't have fit Shanny's ZBS. I know he is solid but maybe his athleticism fell off, which in important with zone blocking
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #27
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Browns got Pashos! Rats, I know he isn't world-beater but I wanted WSH to sign SOMEONE recognizable for the O-line. Perhaps he wouldn't have fit Shanny's ZBS. I know he is solid but maybe his athleticism fell off, which in important with zone blocking
He's a mauler bro. If healthy he'll be a massive upgrade in the running game. You're also putting him alongside a highly touted center prospect in Alex Mack, an all pro guard in Eric Steinbach, and an elite left tackle in Joe Thomas.

Holmgren is going to turn this team around very quickly. They are playing in a ultra competitive division, the best one on paper in the NFL.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #28
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Browns release Derek Anderson.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #29
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Browns release Derek Anderson.
YES!
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #30
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I saw the Anderson release a mile away. It had been rumored for a long time and the signing of Wallace pretty much ensured it. Holmgren is certainly wasting no time putting an end to all of the issues that have plagued this team in previous years. I'm happy with all of his moves thus far.

A couple of notes based on what I'm hearing...

A. The Browns are still interested in McNabb. I don't think Mangini or Holmgren are wild about Quinn and Wallace was signed to be a backup, as far as I can tell.

B. It is being said that the Browns are busy drawing up plays out of the Wildcat for a Wallace-Cribbs combination, which has me pretty fired up. Both guys can play either receiver or quarterback. I have a feeling Josh is about to become even more dynamic than he already was.

C. Pashos is taking the place of recently retired Ryan Tucker and he should do a very good job in that role. Frankly, I think this is the best move that we've made thus far. With the way that Steinbach, Thomas and Mack played with each other at the end of last year and the addition of this kind of tough right tackle, there is no doubt what the strength of the team is. As marlo correctly noted, you need a very good line to compete in this division and the Browns have it.

D. The Browns are still targeting either Eric Berry or Joe Haden with the No. 7 pick... Whichever is available. There doesn't seem to be much doubt that it will be a move in the secondary. Again... With the way that Eric Wright looked all year and how Brandon McDonald came on at the end of the season, this would potentially be another huge strength of the team by adding Berry/Haden.

E. Shaun Rogers is on the block and I'll be surprised if he is in a Browns' uniform next year.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: