Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #31
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Official Offseason thread

Anderson basically told Cleveland to suck his dick on the way out.

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/.../nh2211391.txt
"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner," Anderson wrote Tuesday in a terse e-mail when asked for a reaction to being released. "I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured.

"I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and (we) roll them."
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #32
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Brady Quinn is on the trading block.
The development isn't surprising. Quinn has been so inaccurate (52.1% completions in 14 career games) that Cleveland would probably be happy to take a late-round pick for him. Kansas City, where Quinn's college coach Charlie Weis is now the offensive coordinator, would be a sensible landing spot. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels, a former Weis pupil, also loves to trade.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #33
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Derek Anderson made these comments:

Quote:
"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner," Anderson said in the e-mail Tuesday. "I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured.

"I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and [we] roll them."

Now he's backpedaling with these:

Quote:
"I said some things to [News-Herald reporter] Jeff Schudel earlier that I regret," Anderson said. "Those of you who got to know me personally from covering the Browns over the past five years, know this was out of character for me. I wasn't taken out of context, but I was speaking out of frustration after my career with the Browns came to a close.

"I had some great times playing in Cleveland, especially during the 2007 season, and I met some great people and made many lifelong friends along the way," Anderson said Wednesday. "I'm looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life."

There's no way he can apologize for that one. Frustration with your career in Cleveland is one thing, but taking it out on the fans and mentioning getting cheered when he got hurt...that's been on his mind a while he finally had the chance to say it. Might have said it out of frustration, but definitely meant it.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #34
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

so what are the Browns looking to do at QB?
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #35
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
so what are the Browns looking to do at QB?
no clue. i guess Seneca could be a stop-gap if we're looking to draft one.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #36
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

browns fans:

would you guys be willing to give up the #7 pick in exchange for donovan mcnabb?
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
browns fans:

would you guys be willing to give up the #7 pick in exchange for donovan mcnabb?

They would have to investigate for drugs. I'd give up the 2nd round and 5th round pick in 2010 for Mcnabb.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #38
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
They would have to investigate for drugs. I'd give up the 2nd round and 5th round pick in 2010 for Mcnabb.
Deal

I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles got the 7th overall pick from the Browns in exchange for Mcnabb and a pick of ours. Maybe a couple more picks and a player packaged in there.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #39
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

there's worse stop gap guys than Seneca Wallace. He's played well when given a chance in Seattle. Clausen would be a good pick, but who would he throw to? Massaquoi doesn't exactly strike me as a reliable target yet. Jerome Harrison and James Davis is going to be a sick backfield combo next year though. Browns could be closer than people think...
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Browns cheered Derek Anderson when he was injured. Imagine if Philly fans did that? We wouldnt hear the last of it and it would make news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
there's worse stop gap guys than Seneca Wallace. He's played well when given a chance in Seattle. Clausen would be a good pick, but who would he throw to? Massaquoi doesn't exactly strike me as a reliable target yet. Jerome Harrison and James Davis is going to be a sick backfield combo next year though. Browns could be closer than people think...

And yet no mention of defense? Browns can easily turn that ship to sail on a course of victory. But as of today? Too many question marks.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #41
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
browns fans:

I would be absolutely irate if the team traded away the No. 7 pick for McNabb. This team needs young talent at virtually every position. An aging quarterback on a team that has no receiving threats? Where is that going to get us?

McNabb would be good if we were one piece away from being a SB contender, but this team is nowhere close to that. We need that No. 7 pick -- whether it be Berry, Haden, or someone else -- a hell of a lot more than we need McNabb.

I don't even like the idea of giving up a second-rounder for McNabb.

As for Anderson's comments, every city has a portion of idiotic fans. I was always a DA fan and I wanted nothing to do with Quinn. It isn't like the whole stadium cheered his injury. It was a tiny segment of morons... Who were probably drunk.

Browns fans are historically some of the most loyal in all of sports. They have stuck with this team through thick and very, very thin. DA needs to check himself.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I would be absolutely irate if the team traded away the No. 7 pick for McNabb. This team needs young talent at virtually every position. An aging quarterback on a team that has no receiving threats? Where is that going to get us?

McNabb would be good if we were one piece away from being a SB contender, but this team is nowhere close to that. We need that No. 7 pick -- whether it be Berry, Haden, or someone else -- a hell of a lot more than we need McNabb.

I don't even like the idea of giving up a second-rounder for McNabb.

Mcnabb has thrown to WR cores that didnt exactly have "names" or were attractive on paper. Whoever is recieving he'll get them the pigskin. Stability at the QB position while Clevland continues to add quality talent and build the team into a contender is what he'd be...but only for 2yrs until he is a free agent i believe. Given how many picks Clevland has in 2010? Losing a 2nd/5th for stability at QB (can call Mcnabb a stop gap if you will) wouldnt be a bad idea. The turnaround would be faster than trying to build when you really have no QB. Especially better than Mcnabb.

Brownies 2010 draft picks
1st 7th pick
2nd 38th pick
3rd 72nd pick
3rd 86th pick (NYJ)
4th 103rd pick
5th 131st pick (TB)
5th 134rd pick
5th 150th pick (NYJ)
6th 168th pick
6th 176th (Carolina)
7th 199th pick
Old 03-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #43
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alls I know is I wanna see a shitload of Cribbs and Wallace formations. Some crazy stuff can happen there.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Alls I know is I wanna see a shitload of Cribbs and Wallace formations. Some crazy stuff can happen there.

Just wait for Madden 11 then.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #45
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Just wait for Madden 11 then.
Holmgren should consult me when gameplanning. I'm awesome at Madden. It's obvious you never punt, I can't understand why the NFL keeps that fad alive.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: