Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-25-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default January, 2010 - name your top NBA draft prospects

Those of you following the NCAA season closely, as of now (Jan, 2010) name your top prospects for the nba draft

And, which players do you think could have a serious impact in the pros?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
POTTER21
Kids at the park dunk on me

POTTER21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: January, 2010 - name your top NBA draft prospects

As of right now, I feel there are only a handful of players in the 2010 draft that can make a significant immediate impact in the NBA (top 3 picks). But this draft is filled with players with upside and players that would be valuable role players right away.

Top 3 Picks

1) John Wall- extremely athletic with NBA level skill set and huge upside (comparison- Derrick Rose)
2) Wesley Johnson- prototypical small forward with length, athleticism and shooting ability (Carmelo Anthony).
3) Evan Turner- doesn't do anything spectacular but does many things very well and is NBA ready (comparison- Brandon Roy)

Top 3 Steals

1) Jerome Dyson- an undersized guard at 6'3 but more than makes up for it with his leaping ability and speed. Also has terrific range on his shot (comparison- Dwayne Wade)
2) Jarvis Varnado- top shot blocker in the NCCA with outstanding timing and has a presence in the paint that intimidates opponents from driving into the lane. Lacks an offensive game but many teams are in need of a defensive minded player (comparison- Theo Ratliff)
3) Elias Harris- a German import playing in his Freshman season at Gonzaga, he seems very polished. Has the athleticism to compete at NBA level and an improving jumpshot. Has the versatility to post up smaller defenders or blow by slower ones (comparison- Danny Granger)
POTTER21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What's the story on this Hassan Whiteside kid at Marshall. 7', freshmen, 13/9 and 5.5 blocks per game in 24 minutes.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
What's the story on this Hassan Whiteside kid at Marshall. 7', freshmen, 13/9 and 5.5 blocks per game in 24 minutes.

No clue, but their is a huge need for c's and 7 footers for the draft- I'm starting to think the only 7 foot c from the ncaa is going to be robert sacre at gonzaga- I think he and aldrich might be the only 2 c's- that alabi isn't for real, and even though its a really good group the rest of those good bigs are all nba 4's

Who am I missing as centers who are deserving of being first rounders? The tulsa guy?
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

yeah not a lot of centers, but i'm not a sacre fan. i like alabi, i think he's a better pro prospect than alexis ajinca and javale mcgee. other than that aldrich of course. just a bad year for centers.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My top 3 players by position....

PG: John Wall/ Kemba Walker/ Eric Bledsoe
SG: Evan Turner/ Xavier Henry/ Dominique Jones
SF: Wesley Johnson/ Al-Farouq Aminu/ Stanley Robinson
PF: Greg Monroe/ Patrick Patterson/ Ed Davis
C: DeMarcus Cousins/ Hassan Whiteside/ Jerome Jordan

A lot of depth at the 3 and the 4 in this draft, I wouldn't be surprised if as many as 10 of the lottery picks came from those 2 positions. PG is weak behind Wall, as he is the only no brainer PG out there. Walker and Bledsoe could get drafted high simply because of their potential and lack of PGs in this draft. It seems to me though that Walker will almost definitely be back, and Bledose might also be back.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: