Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 11-02-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default Official Game Thread: 11/3/06 vs Raptors

Charlie and TJ squaring off against their old teams so soon! This'll be a fun one. Raptors are going to be running, and I think we'll do our best to match.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Good Luck tonight Bucks fans! Should be a fun and exciting game.

TJ Ford =
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:55 PM   #3
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

I'm watching.

I'm posting in this thread for the night.

This thread = #1
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #4
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
This thread = #1
No, you = #1
Old 11-03-2006, 08:22 PM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

I could've sworn I was just watching the Suns play for the first bit of this game.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:34 PM   #6
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ..

I know Bogut is your boy Adam, but....

He doesn't belong with Bosh, Amare, Howard & Oden as the future of post players.

He's a tier below them, and it's quite obvious. This is probably the 11th time i've watched him play and he just doesn't impress me as much as those other guys do.

His passing is great, though.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:19 PM   #7
adamcz
Bucks fan

Well Howard is clearly a tier higher than Bogut is, but Bosh is mostly a jumpshooter and is a few years more experienced. I don't think what Bosh does is all that special, and I think Bogut needs another year or two before he can be expected to be his true consistent self.

Amare was head and shoulders above Bogut before, but we don't know where he's at now. And Oden hasn't played anything higher than high school yet.

So Tier 1: Howard, Yao
Tier 1 if healthy: Amare
Tier 2: Bosh
Tier 2.5: Bogut, Villanueva
Tier ????: Oden
Old 11-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #8
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

You're right, nobody can tlel the future. If there was ever a sure-fire thing from HS to the NBA, though, it would be Oden.

Bosh has killed your team tonight. From jumpshots, to very tough play down low (he's dunked in traffic a few times) and he had one of the sickest spike blocks i've seen in a while.

Bogut is a nice part to a team, but I don't think he's ever the franchise player those other players are/will be, you know?

Redd has been quite.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #9
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Bogut is a nice part to a team, but I don't think he's ever the franchise player those other players are/will be, you know?
We both agree that Bogut won't be a true franchise player - I'm just not sure if I think Bosh is one.

Howard and Yao to me are or will be capable of leading average teams to the playoffs. Bosh has never been to the playoffs, even though the East hasn't been at full strentgh during his three years in the league.

My prediction for Bogut is that he'll be a many-times all star - maybe five, six times, and he'll put up good stats throughout his career on good teams (hopefully the Bucks!). He won't carry a team, but he hopefully won't have to. The Bucks are Redd's team, not Bogut's.

Because this is Redd's team, I haven't really been comparing Bogut to Bosh, who has to lead a team himself. I'm comparing Bogut and CV to the teammates that Arenas, Wade, Kobe, Pierce, Lebron have, and saying that while Redd may not be as complete a player as those guys, he seems to have more help.

As Bogut and Charlie continue to evolve, Redd will have less and less attention on him from the defense. He'll be playing 1v1 like the other stars wish they could. If our two young stars can learn to block some shots and contribute on D, we'll be a very solid team.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #10
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

I was just checking out your threads and I couldnt believe how many of you dont consider Bosh a franchise player and place him in such low regard. He was 21 years old and an Allstar, Dream team player in his 2nd year in the league. Bogut is a nice player....but he's no Chris Bosh. Howard is a great player too, but he hasnt proven anything yet.
P.S. Bosh was wicked last night on both sides of the court.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #11
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ..

Quote:
Dream team player in his 2nd year in the league.

Dream team? Riiight.

Bosh/Howard have proven themselves as individual players, now the next step is leading their team to the playoffs, going deep in the playoffs, and winning a championship.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:28 AM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

First of all, Bosh has had a different team every year and players have been getting traded left and right, so who has he really had to lead? Vince Carter got traded and they basically got back nothing in return. Whether a player is a good team leader or not does not depend on whether they make the playoffs in their first 3 years. As a matter of fact, in that same weak eastern conference, Lebron James has only made the playoffs once, and do people say that he is not really a team leader? Andrew Bogut was an important piece to the Milwaukee puzzle, but they were a decent team and a playoff team before he got there. He wasn't vital to there success and I think he still isn't.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: