Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 11-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
JackSIKMA43
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JackSIKMA43 has an OK reputation so far
Default Thank You - NO MORE PURPLE!!!

Hello my fellow Bucks fans - I'm brand new to the board, so I'm hopping on to introduce myself and what not.

I'm a life-long die-hard Bucks fan from Illinois (Chicago NW suburbs) ever since the days of Cummings, Moncrief, Pierce, Pressey, Paul "Robotic Knee-Pads" Mokeski, John Lucas, Randy Bruer, and of course - my favorite player ever - Jack Sikma. I'm also a life-long Packer fan, so I just went with the Bucks when I was a kid since they were from the same state and area. In order to be into baseball big-time, I have to be able to watch my team's games all the time, so I've always been a huge White Sox fan - but that's the only Chicago team I'll root for.

Anyways - the best part for me, about watching last night's game, was the return of the green jerseys. I hated that purple from the moment it was introduced. I'm like, "what the HELL does the color purple have to do with a fu*king Buck running through the woods"? I even wrote GM Larry Harris a letter three years ago asking him that very question. Viqueens wear purple - we do not. That was horrible.

Anyways - great win last night and hopefully we will have a good season.

LET'S GO BUCKS!!!
JackSIKMA43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I was one of the few who didn't mind purple, but I like the new (old) colors as well. Welcome to the board - you're a rare breed, cheering for the Bucks from IL!
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
JackSIKMA43

Yeah - you should have seen me last night. I live on top of a bar and knew the game would be on TV because NBA League Pass is free for the first week of the season. I never get to watch the Bucks unless they're playing the hated Bulls (yeah - the Bears and the Bulls are in the same link of hatred) or they're on TNT or something.

So, I'm all decked out in my Bucks gear and when the Bulls were getting their asses kicked, I had them switch to the Bucks game. You should see how annoyed they get when they gotta put up with my Packers games on Sundays and then I had the Bucks going last night. They all know I'm not even from Wisconsin. I'm just smarter than them.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I never get to watch the Bucks unless they're playing the hated Bulls
You should get league pass. $180 isn't cheap, but watching the team is worth it. I live in NJ, so I know what it's like to follow the game only on the internet. There are no nationally televised games this year.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:38 PM   #5
JackSIKMA43

No - that is not cheap. You know what I could do however - I could talk to the owner of the bar where I live. Since he uses the same dish for the bar that we use upstairs where me and my roommates live (it's all in one house - bar is the main floor and we live upstairs) - I could just see if he'll pay half for it and I'll pay the other half. That is an idea worth looking into. Cool.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #6
adamcz
Bucks fan

I usually go to 4 or 5 games a year (whenever the Bucks come to NJ or NY). By the time I pay for two tickets and parking, it's $40 a game (or more). This year I decided to go to no games in person, and get league pass instead. So far, I'm very happy with my decision.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #7
JackSIKMA43

Yeah, I will talk to him tonight about this. The only thing is - because it is a bar/restaurant and not a residential house - he has to pay by the seat/chair/bar stool count. It isn't like me and you paying $180 for the season. When he gets NFL Sunday Ticket - they charge him by what the bar capacity is. It's total bull****, but I will talk to him and see what he says.

Milwaukee is only an hour from where I'm at in Chicago, so I try to get to a couple games a year. I normally make a day of it. Start over at the Lakefront Brewery on Commerce St., then head over to Wolski's Tavern, then mosey on over to Major Goolsby's for some grub and then hightail it over to the Bradley Center and then cap off the night at the Safehouse. Man, I miss the Mecca Arena. That place ruled.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: