Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation
Default We Need Ford!

Who else thinks that Ford would be perfect for the Knicks right now. If the Knicks are serious about making the playoffs this year they wont do it with Duhon starting, they need Ford who has playoff experience and can lead a team much better than Duhon.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: We Need Ford!

Isn he shooting less than 5 percent from three?
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
Who else thinks that Ford would be perfect for the Knicks right now. If the Knicks are serious about making the playoffs this year they wont do it with Duhon starting, they need Ford who has playoff experience and can lead a team much better than Duhon.

The rookie on Dallas has more talent in his pinkie than Duhon has in his whole body.

Is Ford available? Is that why you mentioned it? I would even be interested in Telfair at this point.

We lost by 50, how much more embarrassing can it get for us this year?
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Isn he shooting less than 5 percent from three?

All I care about is:

1. Can he break down the defense, to set up better scoring opportunities for our shooters?

2. Guard his own guy? Instead of having someone else do it for him all the time? (ala Duhon)

3. Have more B ball IQ than Duhon?

4. Does he have more respect/personal pride for himself than Duhon?

5. I ran out of rants.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

1. yes
2. kind of
3. yes
4. yes
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i've been out of the loop with my new lil one but i know tj ford is on the trade block.he'd be a pretty good pick up especially with the lack of pgs in this years free agent class.btw....i'm not lookin so "ridiculous" anymore for suggesting telfair and randy foye am i?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
i've been out of the loop with my new lil one but i know tj ford is on the trade block.he'd be a pretty good pick up especially with the lack of pgs in this years free agent class.btw....i'm not lookin so "ridiculous" anymore for suggesting telfair and randy foye am i?

Nope. One day my Rubio suggestion will be justified.

At this point I dont think it matters with or with out Ford. You have to factor in a losing period where Ford is learning the offense and getting used to the team. By that time we'd be so far away from the 8th seed it would'nt even matter. Im kind of torn on this one. I don't want Duhon but....well ok let's trade for Ford.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:05 AM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
All I care about is:

1. Can he break down the defense, to set up better scoring opportunities for our shooters?

2. Guard his own guy? Instead of having someone else do it for him all the time? (ala Duhon)

3. Have more B ball IQ than Duhon?

4. Does he have more respect/personal pride for himself than Duhon?

5. I ran out of rants.
While all of these may be a definitive yes, have you noticed that while TJ is the Pacers best pg, he isn't playing and hasn't since December?

He isn't injured even though he has had some freaky ones.

He is completely out of their rotation. I think I would want to know why before I consider bringing him in.

TJ has had issues with teammates in the past, even while Donnie was there, and I doubt he will go that route.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:15 AM   #9
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

I did not know that. If he and Grandpa Walsh had problems, then you might as well forget about him. And I also wonder why he's out of the rotation.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
I did not know that. If he and Grandpa Walsh had problems, then you might as well forget about him. And I also wonder why he's out of the rotation.
He is selfish and doesnt know the playbook... with that said if his contract is up after this year he definitely talented enough to play 25 minutes a night.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: