Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: New York Jets offseason thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5foot6
we have running backs, we need another corner, a nose tackle, and we need sanchez to actually do something.

You have Wrs also but that too is a need.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:46 AM   #17
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I'd draft the best rated corner available at their draft spot to learn and grow with Revis for the future. They need someone opposite of him that can hold up in man to man coverage with all those blitzes they do.

Pretty much it. Let 'em grow together.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:34 AM   #18
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You have Wrs also but that too is a need.
Not an immediate need though. If we're planning on letting Braylon walk, then yes, but otherwise I'm not that sure that they would draft a WR considering how much we are comitted to the run.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
Not an immediate need though. If we're planning on letting Braylon walk, then yes, but otherwise I'm not that sure that they would draft a WR considering how much we are comitted to the run.

Thats my point. RB isnt an immediate need either unless you're planning on letting Thomas Jones go. But where NYJ draft you might go BPA.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #20
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

RB is clearly not a need or even close to it if they let Thomas Jones go.

They got Leon Washington and Greene, two young guys with different styles that compliment each other. Why would you need another RB?
Old 01-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
RB is clearly not a need or even close to it if they let Thomas Jones go.

They got Leon Washington and Greene, two young guys with different styles that compliment each other. Why would you need another RB?

Right because if Jahvid Best is there at your pick, skip him because you have Leon Washington. I repeat Leon Washington.

RB is not an immediate need but if a talented one is there? Grab him and let Thomas Jones go. And Greene be your guy.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

You're making no sense. Leon Washington is electric with the ball in his hands, he makes things happen. He's a good player.

The future is already in place for the Jets at running back. You don't need to be spending high draft picks on an already set position.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
You're making no sense. Leon Washington is electric with the ball in his hands, he makes things happen. He's a good player.

The future is already in place for the Jets at running back. You don't need to be spending high draft picks on an already set position.

Wrong. Leon Washingon isnt even locked up with a contract. And he's coming off an injury to his leg and is 27. So yeah after the Jets get rid of Thomas Jones probably if they dont wanna pay him his roster bonus in March. You're left with Shonn Greene and Leon Washington. You're putting faith into Leon based on what exactly? What Carbine? Nothing. Electric? Did you just good Leon Washington potential and search for shyt on him? Electric.

F*ck outta here. He's a nice kick returner. But being a backup to Greene complimenting him and he is a RFA to my knowledge coming off an injury? Please in the draft I'm taking a RB. And no one said spend high picks on a RB. Reading and comprehension anyone? I said its not an immediate need and the Jets at thier position can go BPA. BPA = best player available. So if a Jahvid Best were to slide to you? You cant pass him up because you have the "electric" Leon Washington. And I said Joe McKnight earlier and he isnt projected to be a high draft pick.

Since when do teams who like to run, pound the ball dont even look at RB depth in a draft? Especially when chances are their RB depth is down to Greene and a guy coming off injury. But I'm not making sense.

Good thing you're not running the Jets.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #24
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

What does him being 27 have to do with anything? Considering he doesn't have wear and tear, it means nothing to me.

You sell Washington short. Go to one of the many Jet forums you probably frequent and ask them about Leon. He's a Sproles type dude who just makes plays, either in the run game or the passing game or return game.

Pair him with Greene and you're straight. No need to grab Best if he's still there when the fact of the matter is you got issues in the secondary that are far more important especially with the probable departure of Rhodes.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
You sell Washington short. Go to one of the many Jet forums you probably frequent and ask them about Leon. He's a Sproles type dude who just makes plays, either in the run game or the passing game or return game.

He doesnt impress me. In 2010 if I'm the NYJ I'm walkin away having drafted a RB.

Quote:
Pair him with Greene and you're straight. No need to grab Best if he's still there when the fact of the matter is you got issues in the secondary that are far more important especially with the probable departure of Rhodes.

You dont pass up Jahvid Best at that spot. And there are no CBs worthy of where the NYJ pick. The top 3 Safeties Berry, Mays, Thomas will be gone by then. The secondary players who will be available by the time Jets pick would not be valued over someone like J.Best.

And the issues in the secondary arent as important as you think. You add a pass rusher to the outside where that bum Gholston failed? And the issue in the secondary isnt that huge of a deal. I'd look for that pass rushing OLB/DE where they pick over a CB. you can find good value at CB in the 2nd round. No need to reach for one first round just because. Also NT I'd look into as well. you know as well as anyone if you can create a good enough pass rush, pressure the QB you can make your secondary look better than they are. And if they are good they can look great.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #26
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Kris Jenkins is a monster in the middle. Nose tackle might be addressed later in the rounds, but only to be groomed as a replacement.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Yeah he's a beast when healthy no doubt. That samoan cat did a decent job. I wouldnt go that route early either.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #28
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #29
Rameek
Krust Kingz

NY Jets have 2010 picks
1st Round(29th)
2nd Round(61st)
6th Round(188th)
7th Round(225th)

This is not a lot to work with right now. As a team like I said before we have a lot of holes to fill. CB, Pass Rusher, Safety (if Rhodes leaves), WR (regardless if Braylon Iron Hands stays or goes, we have no go to big play WR), RB (if Thomas Jones stays its not a big deal), Dline depth, ILB

Revis like I said is the best corner in the league

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #30
craigthomasb
College star

asamougha saying he wants to play with revis, thats CRAZY, wont happen though
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: