Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
CP_Hornet
Serious playground baller

CP_Hornet has a bad reputationCP_Hornet has a bad reputationCP_Hornet has a bad reputation
Default Would you be shocked if Cavs don't trade Big Z's expiring contract?

Would anybody be shocked?

I think Jamison will be in Cleveland by deadline day.
CP_Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation
Default Re: Would you be shocked if Cavs don't trade Big Z's expiring contract?

i would be shocked if whoever they trade him to doesn't buy him out
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
toneloc103
I hit open 5-footers

toneloc103 has an OK reputation so far

Not shocked, but surprised. I think they need to make one more move just to solidify things.
toneloc103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Yes and I will be shocked if he is not bought out or retires.

I can not see Big Z ever putting on another teams jersey
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

If a good deal doesn't come around, I wouldn't be shocked. But Jamison for Z should be something discussed, and if it is and still nothing happens, yes I will be shocked. I think the Cavs won't make the same mistake twice.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
RaceBannana
BBALL LOVER

RaceBannana has no real reputation yet.

Yes, id be....its a matter of when, either they will be desperate or another team will come with a big offer...
RaceBannana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #7
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i wouldn'be too shocked
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #8
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Everyone knows what Ferry is offering. Now there trying to find out if they can get a better package, Z will be one of the last trades before the deadline.

Ferry must have a list of players he wants. and in what order i figure it goes.

Amare (not goin to happen but Ferry knows if he can land Amare it would help keep LeBron. Amare, LeBron, Mo, AV, West/Parker is a championship starting 5)

David West. (could happen but I think the hornets will want to dump a couple salaries on the Cavs. Maybe Posey or Mo Pete)

Jamison (as long as he is on the block but is this goin to cost us either JJ or a pick, is that to much for a 30+ player with a big contract)

Troy Murphy. (I really think just big Z and a second rounder plus buy out money would get this done.)
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #9
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

sixer6ad has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Everyone knows what Ferry is offering. Now there trying to find out if they can get a better package, Z will be one of the last trades before the deadline.

Ferry must have a list of players he wants. and in what order i figure it goes.

Amare (not goin to happen but Ferry knows if he can land Amare it would help keep LeBron. Amare, LeBron, Mo, AV, West/Parker is a championship starting 5)

David West. (could happen but I think the hornets will want to dump a couple salaries on the Cavs. Maybe Posey or Mo Pete)

Jamison (as long as he is on the block but is this goin to cost us either JJ or a pick, is that to much for a 30+ player with a big contract)

Troy Murphy. (I really think just big Z and a second rounder plus buy out money would get this done.)

Good post Danny. Really....good post.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #10
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

i won't be shocked.

There aren't really that many eligible deals out there that are definite no brainers.

Jamison --> old, bad contract, Wash want more than just Z

West --> probably won't happen as long as NO are in the playoff hunt

Troy Murphy --> inter divisional trades are less likely to happen, plus Troy isn't the caliber of a player that would make a difference that would justify sending over Z.

Amare --> it would be nice, but i'm not living in a fantasy world.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #11
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Yes, I'd be shocked.

They MUST trade Z. Assuming they plan to re-sign LeBron, they won't have the cap space to add anyone next summer for more than $4-6M, which is only mid-level money. What chances are there they are able to add a player of similar caliber to Jamison or Murphy for a mid-level similar salary?

David Lee signing for the mid-level? Luis Scola? Al Harrington?.... the answer is no to all of these guys, they will undoubtedly get more. So the only option is to trade Z while you can.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #12
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Yes, I'd be shocked.

They MUST trade Z. Assuming they plan to re-sign LeBron, they won't have the cap space to add anyone next summer for more than $4-6M, which is only mid-level money. What chances are there they are able to add a player of similar caliber to Jamison or Murphy for a mid-level similar salary?

David Lee signing for the mid-level? Luis Scola? Al Harrington?.... the answer is no to all of these guys, they will undoubtedly get more. So the only option is to trade Z while you can.

big z is an expiring contract...
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
what is that supposed to say?

Here, read this NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

It will help you understand how expiring contracts, and cap space works.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:25 PM   #14
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

even if the cavs let shaq and z expire i think they only have 6 mill under the cap.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #15
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Yes, I'd be shocked.

Hey, never know. Who'd have thought Artest would take the MLE? When you're an elite team it seems like guys'll accept below market value to win.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: