Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #16
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputationAndrei89 has decent reputation
Default Re: who thinks wade already passed his prime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
and two in the 2nd

Glad you can't see past your sweet Melo

You haven't noticed however that he dropped 8 assist 2nd quarter and besides that got double teamed the whole time

u mad because of that?
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #17
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Well it looks like he passed his prime at halftime lol. JK. Anyway, not sure if his prime is over, but I don't think he'll ever be as good as he was last year.

So in a matter of mere months....say....7 or so....DWade has gone over the hump eh?
oh the horror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #18
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
So in a matter of mere months....say....7 or so....DWade has gone over the hump eh?

No not exactly. Maybe I should concede that he's still in his prime. Prime is defined as what? I'd say the best 5-6 season period of one's career. With that being the case, yes Wade is definitely in his prime. But I really don't think he'll ever be as good as he was last year again. Of course I don't have any proof, and the only evidence I have supporting it is that he hasn't played as well this season. I just have a gut feeling.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #19
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

pretty good considering Lebron has already starting declining at age 23 (according to some posters on this board)
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #20
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
pretty good considering Lebron has already starting declining at age 23 (according to some posters on this board)

He was 23 back in the 07-08 season. Were people really saying that?
Old 01-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #21
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just think Wade's motivation this season isnt really there. He knows this team isnt going anywhere significant, so why should he go out there and carry them every single game? I dont blame the guy....I'd be semi disinterested as well.
oh the horror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #22
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Yeah, Wade is past his prime.

Nobody should offer this washed up player a contract more than the mid-level next summer.

beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #23
catch24
phal5

catch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I just think Wade's motivation this season isnt really there. He knows this team isnt going anywhere significant, so why should he go out there and carry them every single game? I dont blame the guy....I'd be semi disinterested as well.

I somewhat agree with this. Dude needs help.
catch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #24
DukeDelonte13

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
He was 23 back in the 07-08 season. Were people really saying that?

oops my bad i meant to say 24. This season.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #25
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:

Well I don't really see how thats a thing to be okay with. His lack of motivation is making this season worse then his last, so I stand by my point. Even if he does get help, we have to factor in that he'll be 30 years old in two years, and he's already been an injury prone player as is. I don't think its far-fetched to think that 09 may very well end up being the best season of his career. Of course I could be wrong, and I hope I am. Nothing better then watching players as exciting as 09 Wade.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #26
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Well I don't really see how thats a thing to be okay with. His lack of motivation is making this season worse then his last, so I stand by my point. Even if he does get help, we have to factor in that he'll be 30 years old in two years, and he's already been an injury prone player as is. I don't think its far-fetched to think that 09 may very well end up being the best season of his career. Of course I could be wrong, and I hope I am. Nothing better then watching players as exciting as 09 Wade.
get real. there's not a single elite player in the league who would remain happy and productive playing with a team of below-average talent for multiple seasons.

wade will probably hit his peak somewhat before the average player does, but to say he's going downhill is ludicrous, as some have been saying.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #27
DukeDelonte13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
get real. there's not a single elite player in the league who would remain happy and productive playing with a team of below-average talent for multiple seasons.

wade will probably hit his peak somewhat before the average player does, but to say he's going downhill is ludicrous, as some have been saying.

it will amaze me if Wade stays. I honestly think the miami mgmt screwed him over during his prime to save up for the 2010 free agent summer. Just my opinion.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #28
artex
♫♪♫

artex is considered somewhat coolartex is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
it will amaze me if Wade stays. I honestly think the miami mgmt screwed him over during his prime to save up for the 2010 free agent summer. Just my opinion.

i really hope him and lebron go to the same team, they would become such a fun duo to watch
artex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #29
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

I'm not saying he should be happy. I'm saying lack of motivation or not, he's not having as good of a season as he did last year, plain and simple. You can't just say "he's having just as good of a season as last year if you take his motivation into account".
Old 01-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #30
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputationAndrei89 has decent reputation

Wow Wade chokes and 3 threads appear. Nothing like Kobe choking though

Whole front page would be full of it
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: