Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Default Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Rumor going around started by Clayton on ESPN I just listened to...

he said the Eagles might accept a 2nd rounder for Donovan...sounded crazy to me at first but I guess he is starting to get old...

what do Philly fans think about this?
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

I'm not a Philly fan....and I've NEVER understood why Philly has been so quick to try and get rid of McNabb. I understand he's never won the Super Bowl. But, when you think about who else has been out there at QB for the past decade, and the number of teams struggling to find their man at QB....Eagles fans should consider themselves lucky to have Donovan.

That's just my opinion, from a non-Eagles fan. As a Bucs fan, I would've loved it if McNabb had been our QB for the past decade or so.

Should be an interesting offseason in Philly, Minnesota and Arizona. There are also rumors that the Cards might make a move on McNabb if Warner retires.

Are the Eagles really that confident in Kolb to trade away a sure thing in McNabb?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I'm not a Philly fan....and I've NEVER understood why Philly has been so quick to try and get rid of McNabb. I understand he's never won the Super Bowl. But, when you think about who else has been out there at QB for the past decade, and the number of teams struggling to find their man at QB....Eagles fans should consider themselves lucky to have Donovan.

That's just my opinion, from a non-Eagles fan. As a Bucs fan, I would've loved it if McNabb had been our QB for the past decade or so.

Should be an interesting offseason in Philly, Minnesota and Arizona. There are also rumors that the Cards might make a move on McNabb if Warner retires.

Are the Eagles really that confident in Kolb to trade away a sure thing in McNabb?
they probably think that McNabb is still the better QB but that it still may be better to go ahead and let Kolb grow with that young group of WRs...

kinda like Favre and Rodgers...they understood that they shouldn't let Rodgers sit any longer so "bye bye Brett"...

idk...just throwin that out there...
Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
tsforthrees
red vines cray

if San Francisco doesn't offer their 2nd i will be mortified
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

2nd round pick? So you give Minny a proven QB so they can play for the Conference title again? And you want to meet this? Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

Yes Andy Reid loves the kid and he isnt getting fired. Lurie loves Andy Reid. and who has the most control below the owner? Andy Reid. Getting rid of Mcnabb isnt to say he isnt a good QB. Its to say lets end this chapter and start a new one. New young QB with D.Jackson, J.Maclin, B.Celek, L.McCoy as his weapons. Grow with them and continue to develop as a QB. And maybe you get different results with him at QB than you did with Mcnabb.

^^^^My breakdown on what the Birds could be thinkin in terms of the Kolb movement and letting Mcnabb try elsewhere.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

I don't know. I know a lot of Philly fans dislike McNabb, but they don't appreciate how good he is. Why can't the Vikes grow a pair and offer a first though? Its only 28 at the highest I believe.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

I'm going to start a thread on Philly offering a 3rd round pick for Peyton Manning and see if ESPN wants to report that as a "rumor".

The trade makes sense for Minny. Re-unite Childress and McNabb, it's a late 2nd round pick, and Tarvaris Jackson isn't trying to lead you to a Super Bowl. If this was an earlier 2nd rounder I would say Philly might bite. You're going to lose your franchise QB for nothing next year so an early 2nd rounder sounds pretty nice. 10-6 is the peak of this team next year as-is.

Reasons it will happen:

1. 2nd round pick is better than losing McNabb for nothing
2. 10-6 is the peak of the Eagles next year
3. Kolb will be 26 and had success when thrown on the field this year. Growing with DeSean, Maclin, Celek, and McCoy (ages 23, 21, 25, and 21) would help for the future.

Reasons it won't happen:

1. The McNabb-Reid relationship is strong, they f*ck weekly
2. It's a low 2nd round pick, damn near a 3rd
3. It's a trade within your own conference
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
3. It's a trade within your own conference

This trade would be different since it involves a QB. But Philly traded with Dallas giving them Anthony Spencer who has become a solid rusher for them. Maybe them trading in conference isnt that big of a deal. Then again that was draft picks involved unproven players. This is a QB of Mcnabbs status.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #9
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Rumor going around started by Clayton on ESPN I just listened to...

he said the Eagles might accept a 2nd rounder for Donovan...sounded crazy to me at first but I guess he is starting to get old...

what do Philly fans think about this?
Be a helluva steal by the Vikings as they are trying to win now. I never understand how Philly treated McNabb but if the goal is to hand over the keys to Kolb this may be the best time to do so.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #10
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Yes Andy Reid loves the kid and he isnt getting fired. Lurie loves Andy Reid. and who has the most control below the owner? Andy Reid. Getting rid of Mcnabb isnt to say he isnt a good QB. Its to say lets end this chapter and start a new one. New young QB with D.Jackson, J.Maclin, B.Celek, L.McCoy as his weapons. Grow with them and continue to develop as a QB. And maybe you get different results with him at QB than you did with Mcnabb.

^^^^My breakdown on what the Birds could be thinkin in terms of the Kolb movement and letting Mcnabb try elsewhere.

Gotcha. Could be the reason why these rumors are even out there. McNabb probably has, AT MOST, 4 years left, if that.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:45 AM   #11
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

this may sound silly but I really think his little guitar thing he did before the game in Dallas really hurt his image...

Romo is out on the feild, practicing with his WRs, very focused and serious...understanding that a loss would devestate him and the entire team...

and the McNabb comes out like he just doesn't even give a f*ck...goofin off, lookin like he doesn't care...

I guess it is because I know if Romo had done that, he would NEVER hear the end of it...but still, that just made me view him much differently...
Old 01-27-2010, 01:44 AM   #12
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

I'd give up Mcnabb for a 2nd and a 3rd or a 2nd and their 2nd next year. Or if they wanna just throw us a 1st rounder that should get it done as well. Mcnabb is still a good QB but I think it's time for a change of scenery. Both the Eagles and Mcnabb need a fresh start. Kolb looked promising in limited action last year so it's time to see if he's the real deal or not.

I'm tired of being very good every year. I want to be great.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:15 AM   #13
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
I'd give up Mcnabb for a 2nd and a 3rd or a 2nd and their 2nd next year. Or if they wanna just throw us a 1st rounder that should get it done as well. Mcnabb is still a good QB but I think it's time for a change of scenery. Both the Eagles and Mcnabb need a fresh start. Kolb looked promising in limited action last year so it's time to see if he's the real deal or not.

I'm tired of being very good every year. I want to be great.

that is an extremely enviable position to be in.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #14
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

I'm not a huge McNabb fan but a 2nd rounder doesn't seem like much. An excellent move for the Vikings if this were to happen.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #15
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

It would be an extremely dumb idea to move McNabb to the Vikings for a 2nd round pick...

Philly fans are dumb to a degree because we seem to forget what football was like here before McNabb..

I know McNabb has problems being accurate on short passes, but any person who has any real knowledge of football (and alot of philly fans act like they dont) knows that Andy Reid's scheme is a problem that wont be solved by a QB change.. In fact it will only grow worse...

For all McNabb's accuracy issues, the one thing he has always done is buy more time in the pocket to help make an imbalanced offense effective anyway.. I have seen enough of Kolb to know this.... If Reid doesnt start scheming ways to take pressure off his QB.. It wont matter who is under center.. Andy Reid simply doesnt mix it up enough... He doesnt run the ball nearly enough and doesnt even make adjustments to his passing attack when its failing...

Dallas kicked his ass twice in 2 weeks and you could see little difference in the 2 games mostly because Andy came back to Dallas with the same game plan that got him shut out of the first game

Kolb is gonna die back there because he cannot buy time like McNabb and I also notice that loses his accuracy and start throwing off his back foot when the pressure is on..

this isnt an indictment of Kolb... If given time and made comfortable, I believe Kobe will be just fine.. But I also know he wont have time because Andy refuses to balance the offense.. he puts waay too much pressure on the QB to make all the plays

The Eagles need to go to training camp with an attitude that they are going to balance their offense and produce an effective running game.. He doesnt have to run more than he passes, but he to always make the other team respect the running game whether we are actually using it or not.. Play action has to be a weapon for this team, and it isnt when nobody believes we'll run it... Its obvious to me that no-one worries about our running attack because we dont use it... We dont even use screens like we used to... We need to mix it up...

A team with a strong Defensive front like Dallas or Minnesota can take us apart without blitzing or stressing themselves and we make it easy by trying to throw deep to Jackson every play...

Andy Reid is a great coach and Im glad he is here (overall)... but in all honesty he has wasted 2 or 3 really good shots at a title due to the fact that he is extremely hard headed and simply wont do what is necessary to get over the hump...

The fans and the team will be sorry if they do not address their imbalance and they move to make Kolb the starter.... things will get worse, not better

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 01-27-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: