Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #16
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr
 
Dasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,035
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
1. The McNabb-Reid relationship is strong, they f*ck weekly
It would not surprise me if McNabb came out of the closet after an Eagles Super Bowl win.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,440
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
this may sound silly but I really think his little guitar thing he did before the game in Dallas really hurt his image...

Romo is out on the feild, practicing with his WRs, very focused and serious...understanding that a loss would devestate him and the entire team...

and the McNabb comes out like he just doesn't even give a f*ck...goofin off, lookin like he doesn't care...



I guess it is because I know if Romo had done that, he would NEVER hear the end of it...but still, that just made me view him much differently...



The guy doin a guitar dance made you draw those outlandish conclusions? Then you're saying what Romo is doing. Umm when it was time for Dallas to run onto the field he wasnt workin with WRs still. So whats your point? That guitar thing he did was lame but it didnt hurt his image. Anyone making much out of it like you did needs to be molly whopped. This is one time where I condone Philly fans throw crap at someone like you.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #18
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 15,763
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
this may sound silly but I really think his little guitar thing he did before the game in Dallas really hurt his image...

Romo is out on the feild, practicing with his WRs, very focused and serious...understanding that a loss would devestate him and the entire team...

and the McNabb comes out like he just doesn't even give a f*ck...goofin off, lookin like he doesn't care...



I guess it is because I know if Romo had done that, he would NEVER hear the end of it...but still, that just made me view him much differently...
You're right it is silly. McNabb's image has always been that of a cornball. Ray Lewis does this (crazy dance), Brian Dawkins does this (a damn front roll into a back handstand), McNabb is just more goofy. Do you think those other 2 take the game less serious because of their wacky entrances? What was your image of him before this and why do you view him differently? He's the same as he's always been.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 01-27-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #19
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!
 
Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MAVS/HEAT finals
Posts: 11,775
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
The Eagles need to go to training camp with an attitude that they are going to balance their offense and produce an effective running game.. He doesnt have to run more than he passes, but he to always make the other team respect the running game whether we are actually using it or not.. Play action has to be a weapon for this team, and it isnt when nobody believes we'll run it... Its obvious to me that no-one worries about our running attack because we dont use it... We dont even use screens like we used to... We need to mix it up...

I'll give you Marrion Barber for a second round pick.

deal?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #20
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,453
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB


The guy doin a guitar dance made you draw those outlandish conclusions? Then you're saying what Romo is doing. Umm when it was time for Dallas to run onto the field he wasnt workin with WRs still. So whats your point? That guitar thing he did was lame but it didnt hurt his image. Anyone making much out of it like you did needs to be molly whopped. This is one time where I condone Philly fans throw crap at someone like you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
You're right it is silly. McNabb's image has always been that of a cornball. Ray Lewis does this (crazy dance), Brian Dawkins does this (a damn front roll into a back handstand), McNabb is just more goofy. Do you think those other 2 take the game less serious because of their wacky entrances? What was your image of him before this and why do you view him differently? He's the same as he's always been.
those dances are not the same at all, those are like "pre-game-hype-up" type dances...that is similiar to Deion dancing out on the feild before returning a punt...What McNabb did in my eyes made it seem like he didn't care about the game.

those are also not QBs...Peyton/Brady/Brees/Favre/Warner/ect wouldn't be caught dead doin something like that...just all focus

They did talk about his little rock star move a long time on Dallas radio the next day, and maybe that stuff kinda stuck in my head and I am making too much out of it, but for me personally it is now harder for me to take Mcnabb seriously just because of that...

and also, like I said, if Romo ever did something like that the fans would ask for him to be hung...it would be like a A-bomb went off in Dallas. It would completely define him...We don't even like it when the guy goes on a date...if Romo isn't talking to players while he is on the sidelines the fans get all pissy...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #21
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 15,763
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
those dances are not the same at all, those are like "pre-game-hype-up" type dances...that is similiar to Deion dancing out on the feild before returning a punt...What McNabb did in my eyes made it seem like he didn't care about the game.
Be serious...if you saw McNabb do something similar to those 2 dances it would be just as corny as the one he did. Because it's MCNABB and corny is what he is. That IS his "hype-up" dance. The dance lasted 1.5 seconds, then he runs over and pounds on the glass and runs on the field.

Quote:
those are also not QBs...Peyton/Brady/Brees/Favre/Warner/ect wouldn't be caught dead doin something like that...just all focus
Because it's not a part of their personality on or off the field to begin with.

Quote:
They did talk about his little rock star move a long time on Dallas radio the next day, and maybe that stuff kinda stuck in my head and I am making too much out of it, but for me personally it is now harder for me to take Mcnabb seriously just because of that...
Yup. You're making something out of nothing.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #22
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,453
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Be serious...if you saw McNabb do something similar to those 2 dances it would be just as corny as the one he did. Because it's MCNABB and corny is what he is. That IS his "hype-up" dance. The dance lasted 1.5 seconds, then he runs over and pounds on the glass and runs on the field.


Because it's not a part of their personality on or off the field to begin with.


Yup. You're making something out of nothing.
it isn't because it is McNabb but maybe because it is a QB

I can't think of a single QB in the league that could do what he did without getting critized...

any defender can come out dancing and acting like a crazed animal...that is encouraged, they are about to take heads off...but a QB?...they need to be focused on their game plan, they aren't killin anyone...

QB is the hardest most complex position to play in all of professional sports and the only arguement is a MLB catcher...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #23
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 8,114
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Chris Mortensen is in Philly right now and just reported on NFL Live that Donovan will be in Philly. Andy Reid has said it and Donovan has said it, as has Mort.

We'll see......
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #24
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 15,763
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
it isn't because it is McNabb but maybe because it is a QB

I can't think of a single QB in the league that could do what he did without getting critized...

any defender can come out dancing and acting like a crazed animal...that is encouraged, they are about to take heads off...but a QB?...they need to be focused on their game plan, they aren't killin anyone...

QB is the hardest most complex position to play in all of professional sports and the only arguement is a MLB catcher...
Just because a guy comes out looking like he's focused and determined doesn't mean that he is. We've seen McNabb do goofy pregame acts that have come before a great game and before poor games. The same way a QB like Brady/Warner or whoever can look completely focused on their game and have a poor game. The look in a guys face says very little about what they're really feeling. When I played sports throughout my life I always looked focused and cool under the pressure and everybody asked me how I could look like that. Little did they know I was nervous as sh*t on the inside and butterflies were killing me. It could be the 20th game of the basketball season and I would still get butterflies and nervous before every tip, but at least I looked the part.

You can't tell if McNabb was focused on his game or not just by watching that vid. The point of those other 2 vids is that Ray Lewis will do that dance whether he's focused or not, it's what he does. McNabb will be corny whether he's focused or not, it's what he does. You can't tell by a pregame ritual or act what's going through an athlete's mind.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #25
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,453
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Just because a guy comes out looking like he's focused and determined doesn't mean that he is. We've seen McNabb do goofy pregame acts that have come before a great game and before poor games. The same way a QB like Brady/Warner or whoever can look completely focused on their game and have a poor game. The look in a guys face says very little about what they're really feeling. When I played sports throughout my life I always looked focused and cool under the pressure and everybody asked me how I could look like that. Little did they know I was nervous as sh*t on the inside and butterflies were killing me. It could be the 20th game of the basketball season and I would still get butterflies and nervous before every tip, but at least I looked the part.

You can't tell if McNabb was focused on his game or not just by watching that vid. The point of those other 2 vids is that Ray Lewis will do that dance whether he's focused or not, it's what he does. McNabb will be corny whether he's focused or not, it's what he does. You can't tell by a pregame ritual or act what's going through an athlete's mind.
no you can't tell, and for the record I do think McNabb was very nervous and that was his way of trying to act as though he wasn't...BUT STILL, after seeing that it is just like you want to slap him and say "quit goofin off, this is serious!!!"...

I don't think that is normal for Mcnabb is it?...I remember him picking up the phone last year when he was chased out of bounds, which was also corny...but I can't remember him ever dancing his way out on the feild...

you are saying that is normal for him pregame?
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,440
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

This is why I insult primetime.

Quote:
you are saying that is normal for him pregame?

Whether its normal or not is irrelevant. What he did does not show lack of focus, nervousnes. Plenty of players have been accused of lacking focus and none were doing dances pregame. How one connects the two is beyond me.

You didnt like the routine. Thats all you need to say. Reading into it? Makes you look like a moron. And we know you have no problem lookin like one.

What Mcnabb did was nothing uncommon from many players during pregame of big games if not playoffs. Why Mcnabb is targetted? Who knows. But you're the same moron who will post articles when Philly fans act out and no one else.

Brian Dawkins always does some wild dance, routine before a big game or any game. No one questions his focus yet in that same game Dawkins could get beat in coverage because he read wrong. But sensible fans criticize the play for what it is. They dont go into dance routines or what kind of pregame meals they ate. Yanno if you didnt eat junk food you might be more focused on the game at hand.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #27
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick
 
IcanzIIravor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I walk the earth Kung Fu style
Posts: 5,813
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
no you can't tell, and for the record I do think McNabb was very nervous and that was his way of trying to act as though he wasn't...BUT STILL, after seeing that it is just like you want to slap him and say "quit goofin off, this is serious!!!"...

I don't think that is normal for Mcnabb is it?...I remember him picking up the phone last year when he was chased out of bounds, which was also corny...but I can't remember him ever dancing his way out on the feild...

you are saying that is normal for him pregame?

McNabb has always had a playful personality so I'm baffled why you seem to be fixated on this.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #28
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,453
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
This is why I insult primetime.



Whether its normal or not is irrelevant. What he did does not show lack of focus, nervousnes. Plenty of players have been accused of lacking focus and none were doing dances pregame. How one connects the two is beyond me.

You didnt like the routine. Thats all you need to say. Reading into it? Makes you look like a moron. And we know you have no problem lookin like one.

What Mcnabb did was nothing uncommon from many players during pregame of big games if not playoffs. Why Mcnabb is targetted? Who knows. But you're the same moron who will post articles when Philly fans act out and no one else.

Brian Dawkins always does some wild dance, routine before a big game or any game. No one questions his focus yet in that same game Dawkins could get beat in coverage because he read wrong. But sensible fans criticize the play for what it is. They dont go into dance routines or what kind of pregame meals they ate. Yanno if you didnt eat junk food you might be more focused on the game at hand.
no it doesn't...I am FAR from the only one that has "read into this"...like I said, they had like an hour segment on Dallas radio just talking about that alone and home it should have REALLY upset Philly fans...

some Philly fans were upset about it...they called in explaining their embarassment...

and you didn't read my other posts apparently, a defender dancing pregame is 10x different than QB doing it...like I said, there isn't another QB on the planet that could do that without getting critized...

show me Peyton air guitaring his way out on the feild please???...or how about just ANY OTHER QB???
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #29
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 13,453
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
McNabb has always had a playful personality so I'm baffled why you seem to be fixated on this.
I am just repling to posts really, I am not as fixed on it as it is probably coming across...

just saying it made me view him a little differently...I know he has always been kinda like that, but just not to that point that he is air guiaring his way out to the game...it just isn't normal for a QB...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,440
Default Re: Vikes to offer a 2nd round pick for Mcnabb if Favre doesn't return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
show me Peyton air guitaring his way out on the feild please???...or how about just ANY OTHER QB???

And if i show you one then what does it do? Would you stfu and say ok this was stupid on my part because I just saw another QB do what Mcnabb did. Or would you lump that QB with Mcnabb and continue your stupid rant?

And yes Dallas radio. Ever think when people think of Texas they think of Cowboys. Country music? You didnt see any connection with the honkey tonk like air guitaring he did then slapping the glass of fans before taking the field?

You're making an issue out of nothing but because idiots on Dallas sports talk radio and a couple jackass Philly fans said the same thing you did? Somehow its valid.

You all are f*cking idiots. You're one of the dumbest posters here but you're of age. I may fly you out to Philly for next seasons Dallas vs Philly game giving you tickets to it. Just so fans can kick your f*cking ass. Then you can make a thread about how classless we are. And instead of me arguing it I'll laugh and applaud the act.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy