Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-27-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
dr8ked
Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

dr8ked has decent reputation
Smile My Theory as to why i think Pau Gasol has Peaked.

when he was in Playing for the Grizzlies, he was hungry and led a bad team to the playoffs although he lost in the 1st round. Got traded to the Lakers and had a chance to quench his thirst but was cut short in the finals.
Last year he played Hard and finally got that elusive Ring he had been Chasing. Futhermore, he won the MVP in the Euro championship as they won the trophy.

Plagued with injuries this season, it looks like he's not hungry like he was the years Before,he's not playing hard enough and looks frustrated when playing tougher Opponents. The Fiba world championships are coming up and IMHO, i think beating the USA team will be more of a priority for him than sacrificing his Body for another Championship run( Just incase he reagrevates his hamstring and miss out the Fiba World Championship).
Why should he anyway ?? Let's Face it,He can't win a NBA MVP as long as he is Kobe's side kick. He has better chance of Getting an MVP and a ring in the Fiba world Championships since spain will always have a chance of being in the finals. Also Euro Big men don't last long in the NBA, shrempf,divac,sabonis,muresan etc.

Also the injuries he got from the euro championships might not go away since he's a vital Player for both the lakers and Spanish national team and they'll need him to play more minutes,especially with bynum not being so reliable. Same theory applies to Tony Parker.

Speak on it

dr8ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation
Default Re: My Theory as to why i think Pau Gasol has Peaked.

Speak on what?
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:16 AM   #3
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What do you mean European big men don't last long in the NBA? Divac played from 1989 to 2005 and he was a very good player most of those years. Sabonis didn't come to the NBA until he was in his 30's in 1996 and his knees were shot, but he was still a productive center until he retired in 2003. And Detlef Schrempf? He played 16 seasons. Then you have Dirk.

Gasol is rebounding better than he ever has this season. He's playing good basketball right now.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:35 AM   #4
dyna
National High School Star

dyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr8ked
when he was in Playing for the Grizzlies, he was hungry and led a bad team to the playoffs although he lost in the 1st round. Got traded to the Lakers and had a chance to quench his thirst but was cut short in the finals.
Last year he played Hard and finally got that elusive Ring he had been Chasing. Futhermore, he won the MVP in the Euro championship as they won the trophy.

Plagued with injuries this season, it looks like he's not hungry like he was the years Before,he's not playing hard enough and looks frustrated when playing tougher Opponents. The Fiba world championships are coming up and IMHO, i think beating the USA team will be more of a priority for him than sacrificing his Body for another Championship run( Just incase he reagrevates his hamstring and miss out the Fiba World Championship).
Why should he anyway ?? Let's Face it,He can't win a NBA MVP as long as he is Kobe's side kick. He has better chance of Getting an MVP and a ring in the Fiba world Championships since spain will always have a chance of being in the finals. Also Euro Big men don't last long in the NBA, shrempf,divac,sabonis,muresan etc.

Also the injuries he got from the euro championships might not go away since he's a vital Player for both the lakers and Spanish national team and they'll need him to play more minutes,especially with bynum not being so reliable. Same theory applies to Tony Parker.

Speak on it

Trade him to the Heats or the Cavs

dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:40 AM   #5
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gasol played a full season to the Finals twice and both off seasons in the Olympics and Euro championship...give the dude a break.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:01 AM   #6
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Well he has peaked... the guy is 29 and like a 10 year vet. You know what you are going to get from him.

That being said he is really on the boards these day... I don't really understand why either. If anything that would point towards him being even hungrier.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:08 AM   #7
sergiorodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Well he has peaked... the guy is 29 and like a 10 year vet. You know what you are going to get from him.

That being said he is really on the boards these day... I don't really understand why either. If anything that would point towards him being even hungrier.
Kobe doesn't pass him the ball and is jacking up 30 shots a game. Pau wants his shots and the only way for him to get them is working hard on boards and getting offensive rebounds. He really is working harder than I've ever seen him before on the glass, Odom too. I wonder why this isn't translating to more wins.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:20 AM   #8
purple32gold
S.W.E.D.

purple32gold has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
Kobe doesn't pass him the ball and is jacking up 30 shots a game. Pau wants his shots and the only way for him to get them is working hard on boards and getting offensive rebounds. He really is working harder than I've ever seen him before on the glass, Odom too. I wonder why this isn't translating to more wins.
kobe is averaging 22.9 shots a game this year.
purple32gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:09 AM   #9
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea, guess we will have to send him to a glue factory.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:13 AM   #10
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

he may have "peaked" but that dont mean he's on the "decline".. he can play at this current level for atleast 3 more years before we see a slight decline... much like Tim Duncan (who has far more wear and tear due to manymany many playoff battles) Pau's game isnt based on athleticism.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:13 AM   #11
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

17/11/3 with 1.7 blocks and shooting 53% from the field on a stacked team.
What do you want from him? Average a triple double?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:42 AM   #12
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

dude will be 30 years old in july and you believe he has peaked? insightful, man. tell us there's water in the ocean.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:00 AM   #13
D-nugz
Kids at the park dunk on me

D-nugz has an OK reputation so far

Gasol has peaked cause he is playing on Lakers
D-nugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #14
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr8ked

Speak on it

I'd say Bynum is screwing it up. They need a pure defensive C or a shooting PF. Players don't 'get better' forever. they might get smarter... and Pau is pretty smart anyway, but what do you want him to do?

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #15
rfm767
Local High School Star

rfm767 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayrfm767 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

How about this theory:

rfm767 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: