Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #31
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Default Re: Hedo Turkoglu blows

^^^ There are 13 new players on the team and Bosh and Bargnani is having a career year. Hedo isn't the reason for the jump.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:17 AM   #32
IamSofaKing
I brick airballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baller
Stats do not show what Hedo actually does in games, he is a playmaker, now when I say he is a playmaker I do not mean he gets 10 assists a night, but he is the one that spreads the offense. In Orlando, people thought he was good because he was getting 16ppg, but that was because he was allowed to shoot reason being Dwight is down there if you miss. In Toronto, if you miss, you have Bosh down low who is nothing like Howard, much smaller player.

I haven't watched many Toronto games, so I may be wrong, but here is the big thing. They are 5th seed right now. Last year, they were nowhere near the playoffs, they were the 3rd WORST team in the EAST. So as long as they are winning, Hedo was a good acquisition.

Last years record: 33-49, 40%

This year: 24-22, 52%

I just wish if he isn't contributing offensively he could at least try to rebound or defend.. He cant even do those two right...
IamSofaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:47 AM   #33
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

Im letting Hedo slide because hes being doing some clutch plays
rosonviyavong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:58 AM   #34
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosonviyavong

I can never understand this line of thinking. How 2 minutes of good play can override 30+ minutes of poor play. Does the NBA double the point value in 4th quarters?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:58 AM   #35
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosonviyavong

yep he injured Beasley tonight. Only if he could do the same to LBJ, Howard, Kobe ect. he would earn his salary.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:59 AM   #36
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
^^^ There are 13 new players on the team and Bosh and Bargnani is having a career year. Hedo isn't the reason for the jump.

I understand that, and it is unbelievable that they are doing pretty decent for a team with an entirely new roster, but let me put it this way: You have played street ball before, correct? You know how there is that one guy on the team who does not score much (he does shoot when he is open) but he finds you open looks, or he starts running into the paint and dishes it out right when he gets another defender on him? That is the type of player Hedo is. Is he playing like that in Toronto? From the 3-4 Raptor games I have watched he is, but maybe I should start watching some more games until I come up with a solid conclusion.
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:05 AM   #37
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baller
That is the type of player Hedo is. Is he playing like that in Toronto? From the 3-4 Raptor games I have watched he is, but maybe I should start watching some more games until I come up with a solid conclusion.

Thing is, that's not the way he's playing right now. He's been forcing up bad shots and committing stupid turnovers. Sure the team's in 5th place right now but a lot of that has to do with Bargnani playing well, Bosh playing out of his mind, Derozan having a solid rookie year, Jack/Calderon being a decent PG duo, Marco and Amir bringing tons of energy off the bench, etc. Some of the games won have been in spite of Hedo and have been right down to the wire which as Q already pointed out, we wouldn't be in that position if he showed up the entire game. He's the second highest paid player on the team, he needs to play like it.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:06 AM   #38
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
yep he injured Beasley tonight. Only if he could do the same to LBJ, Howard, Kobe ect. he would earn his salary.
so true
Old 01-28-2010, 02:07 AM   #39
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

I can never understand this line of thinking. How 2 minutes of good play can override 30+ minutes of poor play. Does the NBA double the point value in 4th quarters?
That is true but it is what it is
Old 01-28-2010, 02:08 AM   #40
Beebo
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo

He also injured Derozan in practice. But tripping up Beasley evened it out i guess
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: