Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Maga_1 Workout

I think it is better to create my own thread instead of posting my things in others people threads.
I think everybody in this forum know my goals and what i want do , but in case of people who don't there you go.

Race: Caucasian, european guy
Height: 5'8.5 measured today.
Weight: 138 lb
Vertical: Something around 27 inches

- I can barely touch the rim with a runner and stepping with right leg, (i'm a left handed)
- I can touch the backboard easily with a 2feet power jumper.

ABPrints is doing a plan to increase my vertical jump, and one to gain some weight cause i think i'm too skinny.
In 1st of February (Monday) i'll start doing that, joining also my regular 4 times a week practices and 1 game per week.

My goal is to be dunking in June (end of the season here in Europe).

So, what do you think guys?

Last edited by Maga_1 : 01-27-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Maga_1

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Maga_1 Workout

Swaggin, maybe you could help me with some nutrition tips. What do you say?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:53 AM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

The real question is... what kind of meal plan do you want? Most people don't have time to do the 5+ meal a day thing even though it is the most effective. Here is a typical breakfast, lunch, and dinner plan with a couple of snacks in between making it somewhat like a 5 meal a day plan.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, whole wheat English muffin (You can throw some PB and Jelly or cottage cheese on it), measured cup of apple/orange juice

Snack: Banana... if still hungry then some celery and peanut butter.

Lunch: Turkey sandwich no mayo or any crappy stuff... feel free to throw on a piece of cheese though for some extra calories and protein. Pack it with as many veggies as you want. I personally only like lettuce. I also get baked Cheetos and stuff maybe 10 pieces in there for a nice flavor and crunchiness.

Afternoon snack: Apple, Beef Jerky, meaured cup of milk. (This is what I eat post workout btw)

Dinner: Steak, Chicken or Pork with rice or a baked potato and veggies. You can put a little butter on the potato to give it some flavor. Water for drink. You can also chop up a piece of chicken, steak, or pork and throw it in some soup. That is a very low carb option and a good meal to end the day on.

If still hungry then chew on some cashews or almonds, beef jerky, celery and peanut butter... or any vegetable. Avoid carbs at this time so no bread, fruit, or anything like that.

This is roughly 3,000 calories give or take depending on what and how much you eat... but the goal is to never really be too hungry so your metabolism stays active and your muscles won't break down. 3,000 calories is nothing for an athlete, but because you are so small you should still gain some weight and it will all be lean. This is a very easy program to stick with as well... everything is easy to cook (I just microwave most of my stuff... it's certainly not the healthiest way to eat things but I don't have time to mess around). and all the snacks (and lunch) are easy to take with you if you are on the go.

I could give you a more detailed one... but it's pretty rigid, takes a lot of dedication... and you probably won't stick with it. I never do... I hate it lol.

Good luck Maga
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:51 AM   #4
Maga_1

Damn, you're the man .
That's a nice plan, i think i could do it .. most of the things.
I really appreciate Swaggin, thanks.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

No problem. I like doing this kind of stuff anyway.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #6
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
No problem. I like doing this kind of stuff anyway.

Have you ever thought about being a nutritionist or an athletic training? I think that you would be good at either of those jobs
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #7
Maga_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerballer21
Have you ever thought about being a nutritionist or an athletic training? I think that you would be good at either of those jobs

I was thinking that when i pass Swaggin post to a word document
Old 01-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Lol yea I have been thinking about it for a few months now. I have been into fitness and nutrition since since my freshman yea in High School and back then I thought for sure it was what I wanted to do but as time went on I didn't feel like it was something I wanted to make a career out of... Just figured it would be a hobby and good tool to use to help myself and others close to me. Recently though I have come to realize how long my interest in fitness, basketball, and nutrition have stuck with me and that intrigues me. Normally I get into something, but after a couple of years I'm done with it. In this case, that is not what has happened... My interest in these things have actually grown and I really enjoy trying to help people reach their goals. So yea it's definitely on my mind and the decision about it will be made in the near future. In the mean time I'll just continue to work the forums lol.

You could always just favorite the thread too Maga ; ) Either one lol.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 01-28-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
Maga_1

Quote:
Lol yea I have been thinking about it for a few months now. I have been into fitness and nutrition since since my freshman yea in High School and back then I thought for sure it was what I wanted to do but as time went on I didn't feel like it was something I wanted to make a career out of... Just figured it would be a hobby and good tool to use to help myself and others close to me. Recently though I have come to realize how long my interest in fitness, basketball, and nutrition have stuck with me and that intrigues me. Normally I get into something, but after a couple of years I'm done with it. In this case, that is not what has happened... My interest in these things have actually grown and I really enjoy trying to help people reach their goals. So yea it's definitely on my mind and the decision about it will be made in the near future. In the mean time I'll just continue to work the forums lol.

You could always just favorite the thread too Maga ; ) Either one lol.

This could be a really good hobie/part-time too you in the future, don't you think about that?
yes i know, but i printed the post to gave to 2 friends of mine and they just you for that.

I'm waiting for the vertical jump and gain of weight training plan from ABPrints, but if you want to tell me too .. i appreciate ahah
Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 PM   #10
5foot6
I brick open layups

5foot6 has no real reputation yet.

swaggin what would be a good alternative for eggs?
im not much of an egg person.
5foot6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:55 AM   #11
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Is it the taste or are you allergic? If it's the taste... it might just be the yolk. Egg whites don't really taste like anything and have all the protein. They are easy to separate but you'll need twice as many eggs to get the same amount of food you will get from full eggs. Hmm if you can't do eggs at all... Cottage cheese is very high in protein and a decent breakfast food. Protein shakes are great to take in the morning. There isn't a whole lot of typical breakfast food besides eggs that are high in protein and low in fat... not even eggs are low in fat but they are much lower than sausage and bacon. There is turkey sausage out there though that tastes great and has a lot less fat. Otherwise.. you can always just have lunch or dinner food for breakfast going with chicken and rice, a turkey sandwich, or something like that. Oh! Oatmeal is good. If you make it with milk you can get your protein from the milk and good complex carbs from the Oatmeal. Do non flavored oatmeal tho... the ones that taste good all have sugar and aren't very good for you. You can add some artificial sweetener like Splenda tho to get some flavor.

Haha nice Maga hope they get some use out of it also. I can make a program for you but it will have to wait until tomorrow because I need to get up for work in 6 hours Also, I will need some info about your schedule as well. If AB get's to you before then let me know but if not I'll make one for you tomorrow night assuming nothing comes up and can't be at a computer.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 01-29-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #12
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerballer21

That what i was thinking just now when i read one of his post. The guy knows what he is talking about, knows a lot on that topic, of athletic training. He said it is just a hobby, but he could probably get a part time job at minimum in a sports complex.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:34 PM   #13
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

I'd really love to be able to work with athletes. Being able to help people reach their full athletic potential would be so much fun.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:00 AM   #14
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

ABPrints has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'd really love to be able to work with athletes. Being able to help people reach their full athletic potential would be so much fun.

It is fun working with athletes. I work with athletes, but not so much lately with the economy, parents don't want to pay the going rate. So I have mainly gen pop clients that are active.

If you want to try to work your way to the NBA, you will need more than likely to be NASM certified. The teams seem to choose that over NSCA. However, if not, the any certification from either group would suffice. Also, to clarify for others, it is not athletic training. An ATC has another set of skills and duties than a sports performance professional.
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:43 PM   #15
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Well working in the NBA would be more than I could ever dream of... but I would take it

Apparently it doesn't take too long to get certified for NASM. On this one site it says that you have 120 days to take the exam from the time you buy all that you need. It's like 750 bucks tho... a little out of my price range ATM. Good to know though thanks AB.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: