Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #16
Steve Nash

Default Re: Maga_1 Workout

Hey swaggin you want to help me out ?
Old 02-01-2010, 03:06 AM   #17
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

I don't know... should I?

What do you need help with?
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:10 AM   #18
Steve Nash

We'll I'm going on a cruise in April and I'm tryin to get in shape. I know it's a short period of time, but I think it is possible.

Last edited by Steve Nash : 02-01-2010 at 03:12 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:27 AM   #19
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nash
We'll I'm going on a cruise in April and I'm tryin to get in shape. I know it's a short period of time, but I think it is possible.

Definitely possible. That's at least 2 months from now... plenty of time to better yourself substantially. You looking to lose weight? Cut fat? Gain muscle? go ahead and PM me and we can talk about it. I am going to bed in a minute tho so I may not get back to you until tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #20
Steve Nash

For some reason i cant pm you. Do you have an email or aim or something ??
Old 02-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #21
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Guys, thanks for all the help. I really appreciate that :)
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #22
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
For some reason i cant pm you. Do you have an email or aim or something ??

You must not have enough posts or something... just ask questions here. Might as well make answers available for everyone since others will most likely have similar questions.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #23
Steve Nash

olright well i don't really know what i need to do I'm not really fat. Im like 6'3 and I weigh like 190 but i have hardly any muscle, I'm kind of flabby i guess. I think I need to cut a little fat and build muscle
Old 02-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #24
Steve Nash

I guess i just need a nutrition and workout plan
Old 02-02-2010, 04:10 AM   #25
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

This is Montaownedu's nutrition plan and something like this would work just fine. You can also snack on things like Beef Jerkey, Nuts (Cashew's almonds), Cottage Cheese, or a can of tuna. Nuts are high in essential fats (don't go eating too many of them now though) but the rest of the stuff is low calorie pure protein. You basically just want to make healthier decisions. You can pig out every now and then... Heck I have Carl's Jr. (Or Hardy's for you east coast folk) on Wednesday, Pizza on Friday, and usually another meal or 2 out a week due to work or people inviting me someplace... but other than that I make healthy decisions and that's what you want to do. No sugary cereals for breakfast... or if you get hungry at night don't be grabbing a bag of chips. You have to stay disciplined. Eating healthy (or at least healthier) has to become something you just do... like going sleeping or going to the bathroom. Let's say you eat 21 meals a week, make it a goal to have 15 or 16 of them be healthy meals... Then you can cheat a little or a lot on others. Eventually you may get that up to 20 meals... but if 3/4 of your meals are healthy... you are on your way. Anyway, here is his program.

Breakfast: Protein Smoothie. 1 Cup frozen Strawberries/Blueberries, 1 Cup Orange Juice, 1 scoop of whey protein.

Meal 1: Turkey Sandwich on wheat. Sugar Free, 10 Calorie Jello. Water to drink.

Meal 2: Small plate of whole wheat pasta. Water to drink

Meal 3: Post workout- Protein Smoothie, same as earlier in the day.

Dinner: Chicken or Steak. Glass of 1% Milk. Jello again.

As for the workout program, it sounds to me like you like you just want what your average guy wants... to be all cut up. Do you have access to a gym?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #26
Steve Nash

I have a homegym Thing at my house.I can get a gym memership if need be, but I woud rather not
as for the nutrition plan thanks a lot that is really helpful but what kind of flavorings can I use for the pasta and the meats
thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #27
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

ABPrints has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I have a homegym Thing at my house.I can get a gym memership if need be, but I woud rather not
as for the nutrition plan thanks a lot that is really helpful but what kind of flavorings can I use for the pasta and the meats
thanks

I wouldn't be too, too concerned with flavorings. Spices and herbs can be used as needed.

Toppings is what you need to watch, dressings, cheese, sauces, etc. Use them sparingly as they can add substantial calories.
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #28
Steve Nash

Alright thanks. What's the best way to cook the meat then?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #29
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

ABPrints has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Alright thanks. What's the best way to cook the meat then?

Maybe broiled or baked. But I still use olive and canola oil regularly and fry on a skillet.

Just depends I guess. I always broil fish, sometimes broil steak and usually fry chicken.
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #30
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

You can also BBQ. I just BBQ like a million pieces of chicken/steak/pork at once... Throw it in the freezer, and I have enough for like a month.

In terms of a workout program dude... I guess it would have to depend on your piece of equipment. It would be much better if you could join a gym though. Your workouts are going to be very limited with only a home gym type thing and part of working out is constantly changing your routine and exercises.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: