Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-28-2010, 01:59 AM   #1
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation
Default Durant on Oden "I almost drew a tear"

An article from December but just saw it now, thought it was cool that he showed support like that.

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumbli...t-drew-a-tear/

Quote:
“Once I heard he was having surgery, to be honest with you I almost drew a tear for him,” said Durant, who became the no-brainer No. 2 pick behind Oden in one of the most highly-debated decisions in the draft’s history.

“It’s unfair to him because people don’t know how hard he works every day,” Durant said. “But they’re already ready to tear him down. That’s life I guess. But he works hard every day and he does his job every day and people don’t give him credit for that.”

Despite their differing levels of individual success, Durant humbly credited the Blazers’ team success and said he doesn’t think Oden should have to worry about living in his shadow as a player.

“Those guys are a playoff team and are one of the top teams in the West,” Durant said. “Without him they wouldn’t be there. So I guess I’m living in his shadow. He was the No. 1 pick. I was the No. 2. And his team is doing better. I’m just trying to fight toward that with my team. So I wouldn’t say he’s in my shadow.”

Durant said he believes Oden will bounce back from this injury much like he did when recovering from the microfracture surgery that caused him to miss the entire 2007-08 season.

“The last injury he came back and was stronger,” Durant said. “He was playing well, and I know for a fact that if everything works out and his knee gets better and he continues to rehab and everything he’s going to come back better. He’s going to come back with a chip on his shoulder and he’s going to be tough on a lot of defenders.”

Durant reached out to Oden via text message earlier this week and told the Blazers’ big man to keep his head up. Durant let Oden know that he was praying for him. Durant remembered how he was forced to miss seven games last year with a sprained ankle and called the experience, “one of the toughest times of my life.”

“I can’t imagine how it is with him missing the rest of the season, and he did that twice,” Durant said. “It’s tough to go through for a person that loves the game so much.

“The best thing I can do, the only thing I can do, is pray for him and that’s what I told him.”
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:28 AM   #2
lilBjennings
I brick open layups

lilBjennings has not been impressing people
Default Re: Durant on Oden "I almost drew a tear"

lol durant is full of ****, he knows odens a bust...and oviously oden in durants shoadow.

durants a super star...odens a 40 year old showing his dick to young girls nuff said.
lilBjennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:38 AM   #3
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

The real funny part is that if they drafted him at number 1 instead of Oden the Blazers would be a contender now... and that's a fact. Who cares about ball domination? You're saying that Durant instead of Batum or Outlaw isn't a huge upgrade? They'd figure it out. They are both smart, non-egotistical players.

It was an epic failure to draft Oden at 1 and everyone knows it. Oden was a prospect, at best, and seeing Durant, even in college, you saw how easily the game came to him.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:40 AM   #4
Rafael Delagetó
Local High School Star

Rafael Delagetó has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilBjennings
durants a super star...odens a 40 year old showing his dick to young girls nuff said.

Harsh, but true.
Rafael Delagetó is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:45 AM   #5
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
The real funny part is that if they drafted him at number 1 instead of Oden the Blazers would be a contender now... and that's a fact. Who cares about ball domination? You're saying that Durant instead of Batum or Outlaw isn't a huge upgrade? They'd figure it out. They are both smart, non-egotistical players.

It was an epic failure to draft Oden at 1 and everyone knows it. Oden was a prospect, at best, and seeing Durant, even in college, you saw how easily the game came to him.

-Smak
ughhh time for 2k10.
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:00 AM   #6
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Very interesting interview. Durant is a consumate professional when speaking to the media and/or a great human being who appreciates a lot Oden.

I don't think this thread should be about who's better, or how anyone can look like a genius when talking in retrospective. That doesn't seems like the topic to me, but whatever.

I can't help but imagine if Oden had panned out already as he was expected to. Him and Durant would have had a great rivalry, and they both seem to have nice personalities.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:05 AM   #7
lilBjennings
I brick open layups

lilBjennings has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael Delagetó
Harsh, but true.

you know this man
lilBjennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:09 AM   #8
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Durant seems like a nice guy
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:46 AM   #9
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
Durant seems like a nice guy
He does indeed. Based on what he says in the media he's an extremely nice guy. But if the past few years have taught us anything, it's that the "nice guys" can really surprise you.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:50 AM   #10
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Honestly, when I first saw this thread, I thought that KD was gonna make a crack about the nude pics...

Well, anyway, so is Oden like Bynum now? Just one more injury to his knee and it could all be over?
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:50 AM   #11
Maga_1

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
He does indeed. Based on what he says in the media he's an extremely nice guy. But if the past few years have taught us anything, it's that the "nice guys" can really surprise you.

Sometimes is just about all the fame and glamours around the guys,
Sometimes is just the media, who creates problems around them..

But i'm a Portland fan, and i support Oden .. but Durant is my "chosen one"
Old 01-28-2010, 06:51 AM   #12
Maga_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Honestly, when I first saw this thread, I thought that KD was gonna make a crack about the nude pics...

Well, anyway, so is Oden like Bynum now? Just one more injury to his knee and it could all be over?

I hope not :s
Old 01-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #13
FrenchDude
Decent playground baller

FrenchDude has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat

Is this really the case for Bynum?
FrenchDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:56 AM   #14
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's easy to like Durant. Even more so with comments like these.

The league is lucky to have a Kevin Durant in it's midst.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #15
Maga_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
It's easy to like Durant. Even more so with comments like these.

The league is lucky to have a Kevin Durant in it's midst.

And he doesn't have a lot of haters like the other "superstars" ..
But his tiime will come, uunfortunatelly :s
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: