Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-31-2010, 11:26 PM   #16
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

Default Re: Realistically Which NBA Player Do You Play Like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1

Ricky Rubio? Ahah not really, many people say that i'm like Kings' Sergio Rodriguez .. but i don't know why. Maybe this week i will make a video trainning with my fellas to see if i "can beat you" ahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Yea I am one of those defenders who kind of depends on his guy not being able to go and/or finish with his left (or right if they are a lefty)

Maga you do you look and play and Rubio and that's that

Who do I play like? Hmm well I am pass first guy who plays well off of screens, can go either way/finish with either hand (I might even prefer to go left actually), and a rhythm shooter. I also like contact and can post.

So I would have to say I play like Chancey Billups and/or Paul Pierce (Love the step back when going left)

@ Swaggin Yep Paul Pierce sure loves that step back jumper. Nice coming of screens sticking to the basics gotta love fundamentals lol

@ Maga1 Nice, should be fun to see your teammates and you. I dont watch Sergio much live, but just looking at his highlights on youtube. He has the rubio style, of being able to play with the ball, and find teammates with creative passes. So I can see how ppl say you play like him. It is like saying someone plays like Ben Gordon then another one says he plays like Kevin Martin, both have alot of similarities in style of play, and some differences.

Last edited by lilojmayo : 01-31-2010 at 11:31 PM.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:23 AM   #17
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

Quote:
Damn bro, you got some excellent handles in that video. Are you ambidextrous? You got some pretty nice finishes with the left hand, and a killa crossover..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Yea you have some real nice handles OJ. Those dudes ain't no competition for you lol... The way those short guys were passing the ball around back and forth standing under the basket and you ended up blocking one was funny. I have a feeling you and me would be guarding each other with you getting the best of me more often than not... I am one of those defenders who kind of depends on his guy not being able to go and/or finish with his left (or right if they are a lefty)

Not a great defender but play to an opponents weaknesses and can get in their head if they don't have a good all around game (Not you OJ or Maga lol)

Yeah they didn't go up strong, so your going to get blocked if they would have just gone up with it they would have scored or a foul. My favorite part of that video was easily the trash can shot. That was not fixed, we were just walking around school last august and the waterbottle was on the floor so i threw it in first try also.

swaggin trash talker lol? I am the total opposite, i never trash talk.
Like Whatifsports, what would happen if we had to guard each other lol. I rack up assists just like Maga anytime i play, so you might outscore me lol.

The video was a response to Dizzle calling me out ( all in fun) his video was all ball handling, so that's why my video was mostly ball handling. When i practice 2 hours each day on court and 40 minutes in the weight room. Only about 10-15 minutes are ball handling drills 1 and 2 ball type drills, and 20 minutes on the break make a move which was the majority of that video. 5-10 minutes of defense. 25-35minutes triple threat moves alot in the halfcourt, in game situation pick and rolls, seeing the court having a high bball IQ etc etc. 45minutes-1 hour on shooting. Jump shooting, set shooting, wing to wing shooting, elbow to elbow, 3pt shooting, off the dribble shooting,ft shooting, bank shooting, catch and shoot shooting.

My jumper from 18 ft in has exploded within the last 2 weeks after, watching a lot of OJ, Billiups and Ray Allen video of them shooting and their form. so has my game this has been by far my biggest month of improvement in January since i started playing again forreal since just last June. Finally have a textbook jump form which i can control the ball really well. My 3 pt shooting is not how my mid range is now, still working on using more legs,but i am getting there. Once i master it and my mid range i'll become almost unguardable.

Ambidextrous- ambidextrous as that “(of a person) able to use the right and left hands equally well.” It also goes on to say “few of us are naturally ambidextrous.”

for people who don't know what it is. To answer you question yes I am ambidextrous, partially not fully. my mom is left handed so i picked up a lot of left handed traits from her. My dominate hand in basketball is left, if you go and look carefully anytime i start dribbling i start dribbling with my left hand it is my dominate dribbling hand, but i can handle with both just slightly better with left. I finish better in traffic with my left. When i go for a dunk i prefer to dunk left handed. I can really rock the rim now, that dunk was off one step so i couldn't get a lot of power on in still working on my no step and one step vert with the ball. Give me a few steps and i can tomahawk it hard catch oops now from the 3 pt line etc etc reverse it, to the point where the whole gym can hear it.I shoot right handed, passes right handed. So I am partially, since it is not equal.

But that right there shows incredible bball IQ, for you to notice that in a minute and a half of clips. No wonder you throw a dimes like no other maga. Back when i played school ball the other coaches didn't realize that until half time lol.

Last edited by lilojmayo : 02-01-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:56 AM   #18
LevisJeans
Underdog

Brandon Jennings with a Rafer Alston jumpshot.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:24 AM   #19
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
swaggin trash talker lol? I am the total opposite, i never trash talk.
Like Whatifsports, what would happen if we had to guard each other lol. I rack up assists just like Maga anytime i play, so you might outscore me lol.

No lol I am not a trash talker at all. What I mean by getting in people's heads is that I can make them think they can't beat me when in reality they probably can. By getting up in someone's grill though or denying them where they want to go... If they aren't that skilled then they may become passive. My goal is to try and play as good of D as I can the first time someone get's the ball so they think I'm going to be playing that way the whole game. I certainly won't be tho lol... I'd be dead after 10 minutes lol. Basically, if you are guarding someone who is afraid to make mistakes, that sort of thing typically works. People who aren't afraid to make mistakes though and are confident in their game... I'm probably in some trouble haha.

BTW when I say getting up in someone's grill... I don't mean like Sasha Vujacic annoying status, I just mean good solid D lol.

See I'd like to do drills like that OJ, but I would need someone throwing me the ball (I would want at least) or a rack. Having to constantly get my own boards throws me all out whack. Those NBA guys have it so nice lol.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #20
halffttime
shorty doowop

people say i play like paul pierce.. that slow movement on the drive, but still manages to squeeze in through defenders.. (no homo)
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #21
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

With all the "possible players" here, we could already make a starting 5 of ISH
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #22
GiveItToBurrito

Probably Randy Foye or maybe Andre Miller
Old 02-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #23
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:

I call 2 guard
Old 02-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #24
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
people say i play like paul pierce.. that slow movement on the drive, but still manages to squeeze in through defenders.. (no homo)

halftime your one of most frustrating players. Those players that just somehow always get in the lane and don't blow by you. Gives me headaches. lol

Quote:

Too many guards. and ppl who need the ball in their hands lol.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #25
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

every position, whatever you want. Its the advantage of being a good rebounder and having a postgame
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #26
cruthikai352
I airball my layups

A good one
cruthikai352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #27
LebrickJames84'
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
i don't want to hear any LeBrons unless your turning the corner and finishing at or above rim every 4th time down.

LILOJ: i think i play like Russell Westbrook/Gilbert Areanas. A 6'3 PG similiar height. I rack up assists whenever I play, because of my style, a lot like how Westbrook does it. And I am a good rebounder for a PG, especially on offense rebounds. I use my ball handling, moves, triple threat a lot to get to the rim and I get a lot of steals since I gamble all the time. Here's some bball clips of me besides the open run like a month and 3/5th ago, all of them were from this week. I made it yesterday while I was watching the Grizzlies game. Mayo had 28 points and we still lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE1Femw5EG4

Maga: Another PG. Easily Ricky Rubio ( though he isn't in the NBA yet) looks like his little brother out there, gettting assist after assists. Weaving his way into the lane, and has some nice finishing in traffic ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1mCJECxUVw

Both of you guys are extremely skilled players. I think the funny thing is both of your represent the sterotypical point guard in America and Europe. One is taller, faster, jumps higher, uses more athletism in his game. The other isn't as athletic, but makes up for it using high basketball IQ and seeing the floor better.
LebrickJames84' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #28
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Yup that's true lol.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #29
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Jason Kidd.

I will grab those boards and pass.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:15 AM   #30
Jr Llaban
Dat Steez.

i'm too short to even compare myself to an nba player ahah, mougsy maybe? tenacious d.

i can finish for **** though, i take fast break threes and make them but miss open lay ups -_-
Jr Llaban is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: