Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #31
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Realistically Which NBA Player Do You Play Like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebrickJames84'
Both of you guys are extremely skilled players. I think the funny thing is both of your represent the sterotypical point guard in America and Europe. One is taller, faster, jumps higher, uses more athletism in his game. The other isn't as athletic, but makes up for it using high basketball IQ and seeing the floor better.

Thanks LeBrick ..
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #32
Grafbag
Kids at the park dunk on me

I'm a pass first guard, not really that athletic but i have great court vision and i think i pull off some of the more tricky passes. I have a decent drive, but i'm not aggressive enough to make good use of it more often, and if you leave me alone (Sometimes even if you don't) I have a dangerous mid-range shot.

I'd like to think of myself as steve nash =D
Grafbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:44 PM   #33
JG000
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafbag
I'm a pass first guard, not really that athletic but i have great court vision and i think i pull off some of the more tricky passes. I have a decent drive, but i'm not aggressive enough to make good use of it more often, and if you leave me alone (Sometimes even if you don't) I have a dangerous mid-range shot.

JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #34
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteness
Who's a pass-first, small, explosive guard who can grab rebounds and can't really shoot 3's all that well?
You described Rondo ... but why does the player have to be white if you play like someone who happens to be black?

I truly don't see how race plays into the equation when making a comparison of who and what you play like ...
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #35
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

I largely modeled my game after a prime Grant Hill and Latrell Sprewell. . .just replacing the monster dunks with more polite, Chris Paul type crams.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:31 AM   #36
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

I am only 6ft, but I modeled my down low game and post style moves from Stoudemire and I tried to play more of a guard by watching rose/ nash. I think I have my own thing going now :)
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #37
ElBronco
All that I can borrow

Hmm. I would have to say a guy like Raja Bell. Plays good D, hustles, hits open jumpers. Not much of a rebounder or low post guy. I can put my basketball vid up and you guys can judge for yourselves.
ElBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #38
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBronco
Hmm. I would have to say a guy like Raja Bell. Plays good D, hustles, hits open jumpers. Not much of a rebounder or low post guy. I can put my basketball vid up and you guys can judge for yourselves.

Yes we are visual learners here
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #39
cruthikai352
I airball my layups

I'll describe the way that I believe I play like. Soon enough I'll post a video and then you guys can judge for yourselves. I have a good handle, a good crossover, good with both hands. I have a good jumper, I don't get very high but it is a jumpshot not a set shot. I'm not great at turnarounds, fadeaways or anything but I have a decent shot. I'm actually not a very good finisher around the rim. I can make layups with either hand but I know thats a part of my game i really need to work on. I need to work on being able to lay it up high and soft off the backboard with pressure. I also need to work on my bank shot as well as my post moves and floaters. I can pass the ball fairly well but I need to make sure that my left hand is just as good as my right in that respect. Sometimes I tend to go for the flashy play rather than just make the right play and thats something i've been working on. I also tend to slack when I don't have the ball in my hands and not move around a lot off the ball. On defense I play hard and aggresive however I have trouble with really quick players or players that are taller and stronger than me. Athletically I'm just average, I don't stand out too much. I could stand to lose more than a couple of pounds too by the way as i'm 5'11 and about 180 if not more. Hopefully I'll have a video up for you guys shortly
cruthikai352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #40
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
i don't want to hear any LeBrons unless your turning the corner and finishing at or above rim every 4th time down.

LILOJ: i think i play like Russell Westbrook/Gilbert Areanas. A 6'3 PG similiar height. I rack up assists whenever I play, because of my style, a lot like how Westbrook does it. And I am a good rebounder for a PG, especially on offense rebounds. I use my ball handling, moves, triple threat a lot to get to the rim and I get a lot of steals since I gamble all the time. Here's some bball clips of me besides the open run like a month and 3/5th ago, all of them were from this week. I made it yesterday while I was watching the Grizzlies game. Mayo had 28 points and we still lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE1Femw5EG4

Maga: Another PG. Easily Ricky Rubio ( though he isn't in the NBA yet) looks like his little brother out there, gettting assist after assists. Weaving his way into the lane, and has some nice finishing in traffic ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1mCJECxUVw

you guys can play. Is that how all you guys play like in the streetball sections. Can i see more videos?
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #41
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

You will find people of all abilities here I am sure... tho I doubt somebody really just sucks. I don't see why you would be in a streetball forum if you really blew at bball lol.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #42
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

i play like Eddie House, i get on the court with a green light just jacking em up
I am the black hole.
Horde of Temujin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #43
MannyO
Super Cool E

How about a 5'10 guard athletic, hits the pullup jumpshots, decent 3 point shooter, drive and dish kind of guy
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #44
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
How about a 5'10 guard athletic, hits the pullup jumpshots, decent 3 point shooter, drive and dish kind of guy

Aaron Brooks?
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:22 AM   #45
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
Aaron Brooks?

Yup sounds about right.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: