Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 04-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
BeeClips
I airball my layups

BeeClips has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade Ellis This Offseason?

I was reading this article on SFGate.com:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPUP1CUB5Q.DTL

I think we need to trade Ellis now, while he's still worth something. He hasnt blown his top yet, and has playoff experience for another young team.

Perhaps the Sixers would like to start anew. Iguodala and Speights for Ellis and Wright? Or maybe just Iguodala for Ellis? Both trades work on the ESPN Trade Machine. People have been talking about the Iguodala for Ellis trade for a while now. Ellis and Lou Williams might mesh well together - two big ego kids who skipped college for the pros.

Or how a deal with the Grizzlies? They have been interested in Monta Ellis too. Ellis for Mayo and Thabeet might work. For the Griz, Ellis would be nice in their starting lineup. I havent seen much of Mayo play in the pros, only in college, but from what I remember, he might thrive here. Thabeet might not be a bust if we look long-term.

Also heard the Wolves were interested in an Ellis for Al Jefferson trade. That would work out nice too. We need a better presence in the low post. They got Love and their 2010 draft pick down there already... If we dont trade Biedrins, he can just come off the bench or something.

Anyone else hear of, or think of any other trade scenarios for Ellis? I dont think he wants to be here and I think a lot of the fans are over him.
BeeClips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Trade Ellis This Offseason?

I made a thread about this a while ago. You guys have 2 very talented point guards. Unless you want a real small back court, I would trade one for a big. And I would trade Ellis over Curry. Curry is spectacular, love watching him play.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think there will be many teams willing to roll the dice on Ellis after his injury plagued past few seasons. He has 4 years on his deal after this year. And he hasnt exactly shown to be a team player imo. And he is a turnover machine.

Iggy is not the player the Sixers hoped he would be, but he is very durable. He has only missed 6 games his entire career and has played 82 games 5/6 seasons. Certainly they would not throw in Speights on that deal bc he has shown promise. The one thing that may make them think about trading Iggy for Ellis is that Iggy will be making ridiculous cash on the final few years of his deal.

Can't really see OJ getting shipped over for him. And Thabeet has shown some promise down the stretch. ALthough I heard a rumor earlier that GS turned down the offer for him, I doubt Memphis will throw it out there now.

GS needs a bigman for Ellis, but I dont think the Wolves would unload AL Jeff for him. If the Warriors could get AlJeff for Ellis, that would be amazing for them.

Ellis is a very talented athletic combo guard but his value is not all that high right now. Maybe let him show he has regained himself to old form and trade him at the trade deadline next year
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Biedrins + radmonovic for kenyon martin?
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Biedrins + radmonovic for kenyon martin?

Kmart is basically an expiring contract next year so if I were the Nuggets I would wait on acquiring long term deals on underachieving players. Biedrins is coming off a very bad season, after playing very well the previous one. 9 mill for a big man is not all bad, but it is bad if he continues to be injury plagued and plays like he did this season
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

i love ellis but i have been pro trade monta for quite some time. I think the Warriors are on the verge of actually building a team that can compete and win in the west, and i just can't see monta being apart of that team. Who know's maybe he'll get delt on draft day?
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #7
BeeClips
I airball my layups

BeeClips has an OK reputation so far

Ok then, how about (Monta Ellis + Brandan Wright) for (Al Jefferson + Corey Brewer)... the salaries work.

This looks good for a 2010-11 GSW Roster...

Starting lineup:
PG - S.Curry
SG - K.Azubuike
SF - C.Maggette
PF - A.Randolph
C - A.Jefferson

Bench:
PG - C.J.Watson
SG - A.Morrow, C.Brewer
SF - R.Williams, D.George
PF - Tolliver, '10 Draft Pick (D. Favors or D. Cousins?)
C - Biedrins, Hunter

Watson, Morrow, George, and Tolliver have all said that they want to return to the GSW roster next season. Seeing how hard they work and how they want to develop with Curry as their PG, I'd like to see all of them back as our bench and role players.

Ellis for Jefferson likely wont happen, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
BeeClips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #8
BelowTheNet
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BelowTheNet has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeClips
Ellis for Jefferson likely wont happen, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'd love to see this. Ellis is relegated to standing around when Curry's running the show and that doesn't suit his (Ellis') game. This looks like Curry's team for as long as the Warriors can keep him.

By the way, Bob Fitzgerald on KNBR today said the Warriors would take Wesley Johnson if they get the 4th pick and Wall, Turner and Favors go 1-2-3. Thought it was interesting that he didn't think they'd go big (Cousins, et al). While he's not the GM or anything, I think he's got some insight into the team, but who knows.
BelowTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #9
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelowTheNet
I'd love to see this. Ellis is relegated to standing around when Curry's running the show and that doesn't suit his (Ellis') game. This looks like Curry's team for as long as the Warriors can keep him.

By the way, Bob Fitzgerald on KNBR today said the Warriors would take Wesley Johnson if they get the 4th pick and Wall, Turner and Favors go 1-2-3. Thought it was interesting that he didn't think they'd go big (Cousins, et al). While he's not the GM or anything, I think he's got some insight into the team, but who knows.

I hope not. Wesley Johnson is a combo forward. He doesn't have a good handle to play the 2.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #10
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I hope not. Wesley Johnson is a combo forward. He doesn't have a good handle to play the 2.
----
Stop reading whatever website you get your info from- w johnson is in no way a "combo forward"- hopefully you're joking around about a skinny 2 gaurd sized guy playing pf in the nba- I think he will have trouble defensivly at the 2 and 3 but he wouldn't even stand a chance at 4- his best fit would be on a team who has guys that could cover a 2 or a 3- 2010 version of reggie miller

Last edited by el gringos : 04-17-2010 at 08:18 PM.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wesley Johnson is a replica of Danny Granger
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
----
Stop reading whatever website you get your info from- w johnson is in no way a "combo forward"- hopefully you're joking around about a skinny 2 gaurd sized guy playing pf in the nba- I think he will have trouble defensivly at the 2 and 3 but he wouldn't even stand a chance at 4- his best fit would be on a team who has guys that could cover a 2 or a 3- 2010 version of reggie miller

I'm not reading nothing from a website. I watched about every Syracuse game that came on and looked at how he played.

The dude can ball but he don't have any 2 guard skills.

Some of y'all are saying he is like Danny Granger, but I actually see some Shawn Marion in him.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #13
SEEBASS1234
Not a fan of stans

SEEBASS1234 has decent reputationSEEBASS1234 has decent reputation

Quote:
----

i agree with everything you say except for wesley is more athletic
SEEBASS1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #14
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEBASS1234
i agree with everything you say except for wesley is more athletic

So y'all think he is going to be a 2 gaurd when he gets drafted.

We'll see.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:52 AM   #15
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would like to see the Warriors draft Favors.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: