Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 01-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Bench support?

Damn we lost last night. That gives me the right to post something w/o jinxing anything.

Our starters played ok, but our bench really got showed up by the Hornets bench. Any ideas who to get? Maybe a shooter or something? As of now:

Tinsley - Ok backup, brings stability, can't shoot
Williams - Terrible, can't shoot but keeps shooting. Also plays the 2 at the bench.
Young - Ok but is still a rookie. Doesn't have range. Has a pretty decent inside game
Carrol - A 3 playing as an undersized, overmatched 4, doesn't rebound pretty well even on team rebounds. Misses a lot of rotations. Man D is decent.
Thabeet - good shotblocker. Very slow. Misses rotations as well.

Obviously we need an upgrade at the 2 and at the 4. Williams should be our 3rd string PG. Its hard to find minutes for Sam Young because he can't play the 2 for long stretches and he plays behind rudy. I really though Dickerson would come back and give us something at the 2. We haven't had a legit sized 2-guard since he left.

Arthur is coming back and should bring some more defense on the bench. I don't like Carroll at all.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bench support?

I really wanted o give carrol a chance. And I feel that I have. He is horrible. Every time he is in the game I am nervous. The only thing he does well is hustle. He has no offensive or defensive skill. He shold of played poseys jumper on wed as opposed to allowing him to dribble drive. Demare shouldnt of been in the game. He is always a liability.

I like the idea of aquiring Ronnie Brewer from the jazz. He would be a nice addition to the bench. His shot is only so so, but he is a great athlete and slasher.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

This scares me. Are you suggesting we trade Rudy for Brewer?

You know, it MIGHT happen
Old 01-29-2010, 03:25 AM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
This scares me. Are you suggesting we trade Rudy for Brewer?

You know, it MIGHT happen

No no no we trade a few picks and maybe marcus williams for brewer. The jazz are in cost cutting mode and brewer can be had for cheap.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Damn another bad loss tonight. At home and up by 21 in the 3rd as well Then I had to watch it in LP with those damn Hornet announcers sucking on Darren Collison's dick every 2 seconds.

We should really get another scorer off the bench. So many times the offense halts when you have Mayo and Randolph out.

Mike Conley was having a great game. Too bad every time he took it to the hole, he got hacked with no fouls. Collison in the meantime got to the FT line at will.

We should really shore up our pick and roll D. SO many times did I see Marc Gasol being left in no mans land with Collison going at him in full speed while covering Okafor.

Dammit if we could only hit a three....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: