Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 11-03-2006, 01:35 PM   #1
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default 11.3.06: Kings @ Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba.com
Kings-Bulls Preview
By KATE HEDLIN, STATS Writer
Posted Nov 2 2006 7:43PM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up

Bulls Home
Kings Home
2006-07 Stats at a GlanceBen Wallace makes his first regular-season appearance at the United Center in a Chicago Bulls uniform on Friday as his new team opens its home schedule with a matchup against the Sacramento Kings.

Wallace signed a four-year, $60 million contract with the Bulls in the offseason after six years with the Detroit Pistons. Despite helping lead the team to a championship in 2004 and being the only player in the league last season to finish among the top 10 in rebounding, blocks and steals, Wallace left Detroit after his relationship with Pistons coach Flip Saunders soured.

Some considered the deal a surprise given not just Wallace's age (32) and his lack of offensive production (7.3 points per game in 2005-06), but that Chicago was the NBA's third-leading rebounding team last season with 42.8 per game. The Bulls, however, said they weren't only looking to Wallace for his defensive presence, but some senior leadership for a young team.

``I think it is critical where we are right now for our young guys. They need that kind of presence around them on a daily basis,'' coach Scott Skiles said after Chicago signed Wallace in July.

Wallace and the Bulls opened the season with two games in Florida, with very different results.

Following a 108-66 rout of the defending champion Miami Heat on Tuesday, the Bulls faltered against the Orlando Magic on Wednesday and lost 109-94.

Wallace played a bit more than 28 minutes in each game and combined for only nine points. He had 11 rebounds against Miami as the Bulls finished with a 49-29 edge on the boards, but grabbed just five at Orlando as his team was outrebounded 39-27.

One night after holding the Heat to 38.5 percent from the field, the Bulls allowed the Magic to shoot 59.3 percent.

``I wouldn't necessarily say defense (was the key),'' Wallace said. ``I would say the energy level. In two nights, we got two looks at it. We got to see what happens if this team comes out and plays at a high energy level. ... Then you see what happens when we come out not ready and don't play at a high energy level. We got the good end (Tuesday) and the bad end (Wednesday).''

Ben Gordon led the Bulls with 24 points on Wednesday, but starting backcourt mate Kirk Hinrich was held to 14 and committed five turnovers. Hinrich had 26 points and no turnovers in the opener, on the same day he agreed to a five-year extension believed to be worth about $47.5 million.

``It just seemed like we didn't have the bounce in our step like we did (against Miami),'' Hinrich said. ``Just out of the gate our defense was bad and a few stretches of turnovers led to (a) big deficit at halftime.''

This is the first of only four home games the Bulls will play this month. Beginning Nov. 14, the team plays seven consecutive games on the road while the circus takes over the United Center.

Sacramento is coming off a 92-83 season-opening loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday.

The Kings entered the fourth quarter with a 66-64 lead, but fell apart. They committed 12 of their 18 turnovers during that period and lost Mike Bibby with less than three minutes to go, down by six. After receiving a technical, Bibby argued with the official and was ejected, finishing with 16 points and five assists.

Kevin Martin led the team with 23 points while Ron Artest, who was drafted by the Bulls in 1999, had 16 points, 12 rebounds and seven steals.

``We just pretty much self-destructed,'' Kings center Brad Miller said. ``Turnovers and pretty much things we could control.''

Bibby even playing was a surprise considering the Kings didn't expect him to be back for two weeks because of a mallet thumb - an injury in which a finger tendon becomes detached from the bone.

The Kings won both games against the Bulls last season and have lost only once in 14 meetings this decade.

Copyright 2006 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited

VS

Hope we can win this but I don't know if I see it. It'll be tough because the bulls have Ben. I think we need to see if we can get Martin and Artest going. Besides Hinrich(who should be busy with Bibby) and maybe Nocioni I don't think they have anyone who can guard those guys 1 on 1. Also if our big men can hit their jumpers to draw Big Ben out of the paint, that would help.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

My prediction: Kings lose 92-113. I think Ron and Kevin will try harder offensively, and Miller will settle for outside shots, making his man come out to guard him instead of being in the post. This has to happen, otherwise, PJ or Ben, whichever one is on miller, will stay in the post and that's a very bad thing. Miller needs to make his shots and that will spread the floor and create opportunities.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Prediction: Kings win 95-85 after a strong second half push. Chicago's lack of scorers is exposed after halftime. Kevin Martin pours in 18, Bibby and artest do about the same. Miller has a weak game.
Hinrich and Gordon do well but ben wallace looks bad.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:18 PM   #4
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.

Yeah! What A ****ing Game!

Kevin Martin Is Clutch! Yeah! Omfg! Bbq
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:19 PM   #5
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

WEEEEE WINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG SHOT MARTIN THIS GUY IS OFF THE CHAINS TO ALL THE DOUBTERS EFFF YOU!!!!!!

we steal one on the road way ta go guys ...way not to give up on plays
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #6
BradMiller52
Kings fan

KEVIN FREAKING MARTIN!!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH! Man I was screaming after we won, I was jumping up and down and everything. Artest played terrible but he came through in the fourth, Bibby played great whole game and he broke Mitch Ritchmond's assist record! Man Mike is so clutch, and so is Kevin! 30 Points! And people said Bonzi was better!? I'm just going to laugh in all of their faces now. Mike and Kevin are so clutch.

But we still need a shotblocker and our frontcourt needs to play better. Kenny Thomas=worst player ever.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #7
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

You guys are lucky that Bibby, was in playing form, eventhough he had that injury. He and Martin saved the game for the Kings.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:32 PM   #8
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
You guys are lucky that Bibby, was in playing form, eventhough he had that injury. He and Martin saved the game for the Kings.

Yup, but that's what happens when you have a warrior like Mike. He's making a good case for best PG in the NBA.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:36 PM   #9
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
stop crying.....we won the game.....hahahahaha sorry bulls fans i cant wait to see that moron who cam in here talkin about how the bulls are better than the kings...we won!!!! *hint some one please tell artest to live in the paint did u see how many 5 point plays he caused because deng couldnt hold him!!!!!

whos bonzi???............lol artest!!! ma boyy!!!!! 13 rebs.....hhahaa salmons!!!!
trade kenny!!!! now!!!!
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

We got lucky, we played a horrible game offensively. But our great defense and rebounding saved us. The Kings have that gritty and tough quality this year

Oh yeah guys, Kevin Martin has arrived.

Last edited by bigboi_baller : 11-04-2006 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:16 AM   #11
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Kenny is useless. He doesn't produce second chance points, he turns the ball over, and he can't score on a decent post player. I don't know what happened, because he was decent in the preseason. Trade this clown and let Big Nasty get some PT.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #12
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Kenny is useless. He doesn't produce second chance points, he turns the ball over, and he can't score on a decent post player. I don't know what happened, because he was decent in the preseason. Trade this clown and let Big Nasty get some PT.
how many minutes did kenny play in the 4th? It seemed like SAR got a lot more minutes in the 4th and he played well then.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:00 PM   #13
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

As I was watching the first half of the game and it looked like the kings would lose. I was wondering what was wrong with the kings. At that moment, artest took two crappy forced shots in a row.

I realized that the Kings and their fans (myself inlcluded) have though of artest has a bonafide top of the line player. Watching Artest's inability to do ANYTHING offensively, I realized that he needs good talent around him to suceed. Because he can't really do much offensively. He can post up, but he is not money in the post like shaq/duncan/yao guys. He can hit the shot and create off the dribble but he isn't a allen/tmac/bibby type. He can get to the rim but he isnt a lebron/kobe/wade type.

Artest needs another superstar, like J Oneal, to play not off of but with. He needs someone else to be a shooter or a postup guy on his team so he can concentrate on a certain aspect of his game. In my opinion his post up, back to the basket game is what the kings need untill SAR gets to start.

Then I realized that Bibby was a top of the line PG and Artest needed to succomb to him and let Bibby create shots and handle the ball more. Kevin Martin is the shooter who can create some opportunities too.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:50 PM   #14
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.

Kevin Martin was faboulouso.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #15
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
As I was watching the first half of the game and it looked like the kings would lose. I was wondering what was wrong with the kings. At that moment, artest took two crappy forced shots in a row.

I realized that the Kings and their fans (myself inlcluded) have though of artest has a bonafide top of the line player. Watching Artest's inability to do ANYTHING offensively, I realized that he needs good talent around him to suceed. Because he can't really do much offensively. He can post up, but he is not money in the post like shaq/duncan/yao guys. He can hit the shot and create off the dribble but he isn't a allen/tmac/bibby type. He can get to the rim but he isnt a lebron/kobe/wade type.

Artest needs another superstar, like J Oneal, to play not off of but with. He needs someone else to be a shooter or a postup guy on his team so he can concentrate on a certain aspect of his game. In my opinion his post up, back to the basket game is what the kings need untill SAR gets to start.

Then I realized that Bibby was a top of the line PG and Artest needed to succomb to him and let Bibby create shots and handle the ball more. Kevin Martin is the shooter who can create some opportunities too.

Ron's post game is money. He was 6/14 on 2s but in the 4th quarter he had 2 very important and 1s. He just needs to stop chucking 3s like Antoine Walker
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: