Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default High dribble

i seem to have a high dribble which causes me to lose control of the ball

any tips?

any drills?

if you need more info just ask
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
LevisJeans
Underdog

LevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: High dribble

Do you look at the ball when you dribble? The ideal dribbling height is around your waist, so I would recommend just trying your best to dribble low, run while dribbling low, and eventually drive while maintaining a comfortable dribble.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevisJeans
Do you look at the ball when you dribble? The ideal dribbling height is around your waist, so I would recommend just trying your best to dribble low, run while dribbling low, and eventually drive while maintaining a comfortable dribble.

when i play by myself yes i do when iam playing a game no i dont but even then when i try to shake people off i kinda lose control

ya sometime i dribble way over my waist.......got any drills though?
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
LevisJeans
Underdog

LevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
when i play by myself yes i do when iam playing a game no i dont but even then when i try to shake people off i kinda lose control

ya sometime i dribble way over my waist.......got any drills though?

Sorry, I don't know any drills for that. When I dribble when I while standing straight I keep my elbow nearly at waist level, so try doing that.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #5
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Yea just dribble low and keep doing it. Just dribble around some cones or chairs... whatever you can find. My handles were kind of weak when I first started back up but over time I got them back and now I don't have a problem. I used to be afraid of going into traffic because they weren't that great. It was always on my mind. Now I don't even think about I'm not worried about someone stealing it. If they do then I feel it's a good play... not just cus I suck lol.

With anything, you just have to practice. Practice with your left hand a lot... something as simple as walking to a friend's house, or a liquor store if you need something... when you go somewhere just take a ball and dribble it around. Also, it's key to not look at the ball when your practice. IF you look at the ball when you practice then not look at the ball when you play... you are going to have some problems.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 02-03-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:09 AM   #6
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

If you dribble through your legs a lot, doesn't that make it pretty difficult to high dribble?
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #7
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I had this problem when I was a kid, and what I did was dribble underneath my legs while I was sitting down, just all the time.

I would then dribble each hand, and work on controlling different heights and find out which height felt like what so I would have a reference when playing.

But to be honest I am not a good tutor because I'm self taught in a lot of faucets of my offensive game. I've re-invented my shot like 6 times.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:03 AM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I had this problem when I was a kid, and what I did was dribble underneath my legs while I was sitting down, just all the time.

I would then dribble each hand, and work on controlling different heights and find out which height felt like what so I would have a reference when playing.

But to be honest I am not a good tutor because I'm self taught in a lot of faucets of my offensive game. I've re-invented my shot like 6 times.

Ya know that's funny cus I can't say I've really even thought about my shooting form... When I was little I used to need a lot release because as you kid you have the push the ball to get it there. One day though as I got older, I just started shooting overhead and I've had the same form for years... Thing is I seem to have a different stroke for every situation. If I'm shooting a wide open 3, it's more of a Ray Allen flick. If I come off a screen and my guy goes under the screen and I have space, then my form will almost be like a Steve Nash push shot. If I am driving then pull up or step back, it's like a Paul Pierce type release (normal I guess). I've just realized this recently and it's kind of funny to me... but I guess there is a good reason for it ha.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #9
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
If you dribble through your legs a lot, doesn't that make it pretty difficult to high dribble?

nah man i got some head high crossovers goin on when i want
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: