Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-04-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

LebronairJAMES has decent reputation
Red face New Video(shootaround)

heres me just shooting around i was kinda tired i would love some feedback on what i can improve on wanting to join the local team as pg do guys think i can play at that position im 6ft1 i would be joining a lower div since i pretty much just play at the park 3on3 not really use to playing 5on5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5puX8jzzlM
LebronairJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: New Video(shootaround)

You've got a nice handle

I like your post moves

Decent jumper

Got into a nice groove towards the middle

I enjoyed this video, you seem like you'd do fine on a local squad
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

I actually think you need to work on your handles. Seems like you lose the ball once you start those crossover combos.

You have a good shot, but it's a little flatfooted. I shoot the same way when I am just shooting around though... if I have to jump higher then I do during a game. If I can get away with it then I don't lol.

You seem like you would be a really good screen and roll player though because you have a good shot and if the dude goes under the screen and other dude don't come out on you... raining 3's lol. You definitely have a chance of making a team.

I think a fun little thread though could be people posting their go-to moves tho... maybe you could do that.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Your handles seem a bit shaky at times. You also get hardly any lift on your jumpshot while you have a good vertical.
If you want to improve your jumper, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psra8Xuf1AI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxRce...eature=related

I learned a lot from these vids.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

thanks for the advice guys i will take it all in
Old 02-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
I actually think you need to work on your handles. Seems like you lose the ball once you start those crossover combos.

You have a good shot, but it's a little flatfooted. I shoot the same way when I am just shooting around though... if I have to jump higher then I do during a game. If I can get away with it then I don't lol.

You seem like you would be a really good screen and roll player though because you have a good shot and if the dude goes under the screen and other dude don't come out on you... raining 3's lol. You definitely have a chance of making a team.

I think a fun little thread though could be people posting their go-to moves tho... maybe you could do that.

first on ny knicks video link, The big thing i totally agreed with is where to aim. All my life i would aim at the front of the rim. Which works for some people, but just 2 weeks ago when i was watching guys like Ray Allen, Chauncey Billiups, and OJ Mayo jump shot, and form. I notice in OJ's jumper where his eyes are. it looked like his eyes were aiming, at seeing (visualizing) the ball going directly in the rim. If that makes sense. I started doing that 2 weeks agoo, and with many reps since then, my jumper from anywhere on the floor is really really nice just really can't be guarded anymore, and it still needs a lot more reps, but it is really nice right now.

On video.

You seem to have a nice set shot. Looks like your mechanics are right on. A little flat flooted as Swaggin pointed out. A pretty decent athlete in the air, not sure how your speed or change of direction is. Not sure how your passing game its. Ball handling is no doubt shaky at best JG000 what video were you watching. If I saw a guy at PG dribbling like that, i'll be sure to ask to coach if i could man press him the full length of the court. You don't have to have crazy handle that takes a lot of practice. Just be solid, learn to do hard protective crab dribbling, really pound the ball. Make sure it is low, be between you and the ball, hard quick crossovers. The little stuff, do right. I don't know if he would be good coming off a screens like a Rip Hamilton. You really have to know how to catch turn, square up and elevate over the defender for a jump shot, then adjust on how the d is playing you.

As of right now, I see you more like a spot up shooter from the perimeter. A person that would really benefit from a guy who can get to the lane and kick it out to you for an open jumper. Knock down a few of those, and play hard D and you will be fine for your squad. Then anytime your in the gym work on your weaknesses so you will be ready to play PG in no time.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #7
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

thaks for the feedback mayo i really want to get my handles up to par i dont really think they are smooth enough to play pg yet but i will def work on it playing streetball i usually have bigger guys defend me and i can break them with my handles but the lil guys i have trouble wit thats why i try and get some post moves so if i get the lil guys i usually just post them up and get a easy shot
Old 02-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #8
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nice brick bank at 0:47

Gotta nice J though
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #9
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8

Gotta nice J though

thanks that shot came off wrong but had enough luck
Old 02-05-2010, 03:28 AM   #10
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

At like the 2:20 range you have a shot off the window, if that was on purpose and you have good angles I would suggest using window more often.

I feel like others have said that your handles are sometimes shacky and it looks almost like sometimes you kinda bring your wrist over the ball you know what I mean? Like not quite a cup but it looks like you almost try to bring your hand over... it's tought for me to explain without demonstrating it.

Another thing you do from time to time is dribble too high. This happens to me when I'm playing with one ball and then I change to another ball, and it cause some of the things that were happening to you so just keep the dribble at a reasonable height.

Finally there were times where I felt like your release took a long time. Like if I was playing you I would have time to recover or gather if I saw you going up. I DO NOT suggest changing your shot, that's hard to do. What I do suggest is that you develop a good pump fake, and/or hesitation dribble and STAY PATIENT when youre shooting. Unless you're in the key, you have time to work your shot.

But I agree with these guys it seems you're pretty dependable from that mid-range zone so depending on your pass skills screen and roll could be where you make your mark.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #11
LebrickJames84'
High School Varsity 12th Man

LebrickJames84' has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8

Gotta nice J though

brick banks are the best.
LebrickJames84' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:02 AM   #12
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

only if you can hit them on purpose lol
Old 02-07-2010, 02:42 AM   #13
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

most of your misses were short, that is because you have no elevation on your jumper. if you ever want to get a shot off at the next level you will need to really work on that.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:11 AM   #14
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
most of your misses were short, that is because you have no elevation on your jumper. if you ever want to get a shot off at the next level you will need to really work on that.

it wasnt my best day energy wise i normally get a lil higher as you can see at the end of the video i was finished
Old 02-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #15
J23
I brick open layups

J23 has an OK reputation so far

more people should post stuff like this, its helpful and keeps people coming back to streetball.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: