Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #16
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: New Video(shootaround)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23
more people should post stuff like this, its helpful and keeps people coming back to streetball.

I agree... I plan on posting a video like this in this next couple days.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #17
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

LebronairJAMES has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
I agree... I plan on posting a video like this in this next couple days.
sounds great would be good if we can try and get everyone to drop a video so we can review it and maybe learn some new things
LebronairJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #18
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool

nice song selection goes with the video.
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #19
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrayon
nice song selection goes with the video.
thanks
Old 02-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #20
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronairJAMES
sounds great would be good if we can try and get everyone to drop a video so we can review it and maybe learn some new things

Yea I tried to get a video going today but apparently the tape ended it didn't film anything... I'll try to get something up in the next couple of days. I got it at the beginning of the tape now so that won't happen again lol. I like the idea though.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #21
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll have to get my hoop up or find a nice empty gym to record a shoot around session.

I wish I had game tape, maybe one of these days during a pick up game.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #22
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

cool cant wait to see some of the footage
Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #23
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Yea it's hard to get film from a pickup game because A. I am afraid someone is going to steal the camera, and B. It's just kind of weird and awkward. If everybody knows what you are doing that's different, but I'm not going to explain to everyone that I'm doing it for the streetball forum on ISH lol... Otherwise they are just going to think "Why the heck does this guy have a camera in here?" I could care less if nobody says anything let them think what they want but I know I will probably get some shit for it. I could probably just say I want to see how play in game so I can improve and if they have still have a problem well screw them

The hardest part is going to be finding a good angle and keeping it hidden. My friend got his IPhone stolen in there... So if a camera is just left out I assume someone would at least try and steal it.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 02-09-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #24
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Birmingham1955 has no real reputation yet.

nice video. work on elevation.
I just watched maga and lilojmayo's video. Can both of you guys do a shootaround video also, but of you guys seem really good.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #25
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1955
I just watched maga and lilojmayo's video. Can both of you guys do a shootaround video also, but of you guys seem really good.

Maybe Saturday morning i'll shoot around with a friend and i'll try to tape that for the people here.
I have to admitit, my shooting techinique is horrible just like Ricky Rubio
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #26
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

hey maga sounds good maybe you can help me with my handles btw my parents are from madeira hows the basketball scene in portugal?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #27
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronairJAMES
hey maga sounds good maybe you can help me with my handles btw my parents are from madeira hows the basketball scene in portugal?

Really? Saturday i'll go to Madeira to play against the team from there .. what a coincidence.

Me? I'm not the correct person to help you with your handles, maybe lilojmayo he's very good.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:28 AM   #28
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

i'll do a shootaround video like the one LeBronairJames did sometime this week, when i am in the gym. LeBronairJames, how i improve with ball handling is i usually do about 15 minutes of ball handling drills everyday when I go to the gym and practice which is about 2 hours each day give or take. I can do a few drills to show you in the shootaround video.

but looking at your video- stuff that would help are the figure 8, dribbling between your legs back and forth while walking in a line, one dribble cross back and forth the simple stuff is all it will take to improve your handle.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #29
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

oj, are you playin right now in hs?
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:42 PM   #30
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Ok I am done with the my shootaround video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nooM1t4kGvQ

I did the shoot around part after, I was done practicing so I was pretty winded

Lebronair, The dribbling part 1:37-2:18 were drills you should do to improve your ball handling. The basics. Notice how i do a lot of hard pounding of the ball, that is one of the best ways for someone who your current ball handling skill level to improve. Personally, I don't do any of those ball handling drills, except the spider, i usually do a lot of movement ball handling drills 1 or 2 balls or more complex stationary drills, but you gotta be able to control to control the ball stationary well before you can move with it, but do the basics they work, keep it simple and you'll improve a lot. I only

And 1manfastbreak, this year is solely for getting better, and maxing out potential, I practicing 2 hours a day and lift for 40 minutes. Then come the end of the summer i'll look at my options. How is your team doing by the way?, one of my friends plays JUCO also.

Last edited by lilojmayo : 02-13-2010 at 06:45 PM.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: