Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation
Default Eli Manning currently makes more $$$ than Peyton Manning?

That's pure BS.

And yes, old news I know. But I guess I just didn't realize that he's the highest paid quarterback in NFL history.

Quote:
Absolutely nothing Manning did before or has done since suggests he should be the highest-paid player - which his $15.27 million average salary will make him when the multiyear deal is officially signed - in the 90-year history of this league, but he's cashing in on his Super Bowl ring, the booming quarterback market and the reality, which is clear to the Giants, that he is their guy and they had no choice.

"He's a franchise quarterback," GM Jerry Reese said yesterday. "He's done everything we asked him to do."

In such a tight economy, did the Giants really have to give him the agreed upon six-year, $97.5million extension (with $35million guaranteed), that added on to the $9.4 million he was already getting this season in the final year of his rookie deal, making his grand total $106.9 million over the next seven years? That covers quite a few PSL sales, you know. His annual average is $1.25 million more than his brother's and 50% more than Brady's $10 million.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...xzz0eZwo1O 1a

Last edited by lilbeastnani : 02-04-2010 at 09:56 AM.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Eli Manning currently makes more $$$ than Peyton Manning?

How is it BS? He is younger than Peyton and he won a Superbowl....

He is paid according to what he has accomplished, what he will accomplish, and his overall value to the Giants Franchise...

When the top 4 picks in the draft based on position can make more than some superstars is a bigger problem IMHO
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How is it pure BS when the QBs Eli makes more $$$$$ then will get getting paid this offseason? Educate yourself kid.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Peyton is going to sign for the league minimum so the Colts can sign other FAs. Because he's Peyton Manning and he is perfect.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Peyton is going to sign for the league minimum so the Colts can sign other FAs. Because he's Peyton Manning and he is perfect.

How much money are they talkin for Manning? Think i overheard on mike and mike this morning $28mil a year? Or was it $20mil a year. I heard twenty something.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
How much money are they talkin for Manning? Think i overheard on mike and mike this morning $28mil a year? Or was it $20mil a year. I heard twenty something.
It's all just speculation, all the Colts have said is he'll get taken care of. He'll be the highest paid ever obviously. Eli got $95mm, I'd be surprised if Peyton didn't get 110-120 total with like 50 guaranteed.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

it's probably gonna be around 20mil/year. if the colts lose, the owner is gonna be like "damn, why did i open my big mouth!"
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
it's probably gonna be around 20mil/year. if the colts lose, the owner is gonna be like "damn, why did i open my big mouth!"

Even if they lose you pay Manning his worth. Its not something any owner should 2nd guess.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #9
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Even if they lose you pay Manning his worth. Its not something any owner should 2nd guess.

i knew that was coming. i know, he's worth it.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
It's all just speculation, all the Colts have said is he'll get taken care of. He'll be the highest paid ever obviously. Eli got $95mm, I'd be surprised if Peyton didn't get 110-120 total with like 50 guaranteed.
Basically that would be it...

Eli will make 41 mill the first 2 seasons god...

The Jets wont be able to afford Revis Island after what the Raiders gave Nnamdi
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: