Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-04-2006, 03:07 AM   #76
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
I'm curious what LeBron's standing reach is. The ball looked so damn high on the ESPN replay, but now that I look at his feet they aren't that high off the ground. I'd say very average for an NBA player, on that particular play, yet he still somehow finished the dunk...
Look how far out he starts. You dont get as high when you go that far laterally. He took off just inside the ft circle.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:09 AM   #77
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Fred Jones had a nice poster tonight too.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:13 AM   #78
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Good question Clutch, I know that info is out there somewhere because I remember reading it. Even before he played his first game, he was bigger than the 6'8 240 they like to list him as. I'm finding he has a 7'1 wingspan but nothing on his standing reach. I'm 6'0 though in shoes and mine is about 7'10 and I have long arms as do most players so even if you just assumed he is 9 inches taller than me and gave him that much on reach that would put him at 8'7 but how does the extra height correlate to arm length?
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:19 AM   #79
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

The best part of the dunk has to be the commentators' reactions. You know it was a big play when you are able to get the commentators, who've seen a lot of basketball, as excited as they were. For a second there, they sounded like fans just rooting. The layup got the same reaction as well. Lebron really had the ability to get people out of their seats... Hopefully I can get that poster. Poor Duncan, lol.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:34 AM   #80
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:40 AM   #81
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Look how far out he starts. You dont get as high when you go that far laterally. He took off just inside the ft circle.

You're not making a whole lot of sense to me man. We all know he gets WAY up most of the time when he dunks, but that's part of my point. What I'm saying is that he didn't seem to get up very high off the ground on this particular dunk but somehow the ball is still extremely high above the rim and he still managed to put it down over Duncan. I assume he's got one hell of a standing reach/wingspan.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:04 AM   #82
KIWI

DAMN
Old 11-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #83
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I'm speechless

Lebron absolutely abused Duncan last night, wow. The Cavs are good....
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:46 AM   #84
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:58 AM   #85
hoopsididitagain
Got Some Game

hoopsididitagain has an OK reputation so far

Lebron showed last night that he can abuse just about anyone in the league. He is definetly the best player in the league.
hoopsididitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #86
StabMasterArson
I airball my layups

StabMasterArson has decent reputationStabMasterArson has decent reputation

That dunk was soft...
it'll look good on a poster though
StabMasterArson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #87
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Is that Mashburn making that Bullet look stupid? Hell of a move. Mash was sick.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #88
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I AM A WITNESS

Lebron !!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #89
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GYHL9yLaVg

Anyone have a video of it happening live?

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liPpRDMLQNI
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #90
and1
High School Varsity 6th Man

and1 has decent reputationand1 has decent reputation

i aggree that the damon jones was more spectacular, but dunking on duncan is another topic.
and1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: