Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default About Mark Jackson

he was a great player in the league (2nd all times assist) as not only a distributor but also a low post scorer.

as an announcer he is also very skilled, articulate, and knowledgeable about the game. i think he is a great asset to the Nets organization.

the one thing about him may be he may be a little.. too impartial. he's giving props to the other team left and right.

but I suppose its merely good sportsmanship. much better than the Raptors or Celtics announcers. jeez, talk about homers.

what do you think?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

he's nice to the other teams cause most of the teams in the league he's played in already like Toronto, New York, Indiana and I think the Clips, I think they even had a joke last year that everyone the nets faced he'd been part or known someone from that team before.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i haven't heard him on the air since i live in philly, but the times i've seen him on TV he seemed like a good solid professional.

one thing about homer announcers- sometimes they're so good that anyone can listen to them and enjoy them. the guy who does the sixers radio is a real pleasure to listen to even tho i don't care much about the sixers. he brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm (without being overbearing) and even tho you can tell which team he's pulling for, he's a pure basketball fan who has high regard for the other players and teams in the sport. he spends quality time discussing the strengths and weaknesses of the other team and interviewing other players/execs.

great guy IMO... i just can't remember his name right now. *face turns red* he also has big mac (mccullough) as the color guy the last couple years.

i can't say the same about the sixers TV guys- zumoff is a hopeless homer and kind of annoying. mix is pretty good but has kind of a stange delivery.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

you ever watch CEltics games on FS NE? unbearable!

Raptor games are also unberable. in the Kobe 81 point game, they mentioned how great Kobe was in one line then went on and gushed about Bosh for much of the game.

Heat games are somewhat of an anomaly. the announcers are utter Wade homers, yet they also take time to compliment the other team (if they have anything good going) as long as it is not at the expense of Wade.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:57 PM   #5
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Since I've been watching NBAtv, I get to here non-national announcers from around the league and let me say, we easily have the best.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: