Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #16
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Shannon needs to start reigning himself in

fisher is LAST on the team in usage% per his minutes on the floor... he is 5th in minutes played, and 5th in assist percentage, (not bad for a guy who touches the ball less than any of the others on the floor with him)...
i repeat last in usage of the entire team, not just the starters but the entire team (touching the ball)...

you can't get assists if your not touching the ball, period... this is just common sense...
his job is not to create for others, his job is to bring the ball down the floor and put the ball into play.. anyone watching the games will see he is not in a position to get assists because once the ball goes into play it goes through kobe or gasol or odom, (or bynum who never passes the ball back out)rarely does it find it's way back to fish unless it's for a shot attempt..

the reason farmar or brown or sasha may have better nights with assists is because the bench doesn't have guys like kobe or pau creating their own shots after the pass, the bench players all tend to shoot the ball quickly making it easier to get assists (except maybe odom, who usually passes the ball along to somebody else,) the bench also plays a more open type of ball they rarely ever get into the more structured style of the starting unit

some folks forget getting an assist is a two player endevor, one has to pass the other has to make the shot right after the pass, when you play in the triangle if you're the guy who intiates the offense you're not going to get a ton of assists because the ball is probably going to go through a couple other players hands before a shot goes up.. you're going to get even less when you have kobe on your team who is the floor general and most times leads the attack.. that's why he (kobe) leads the team in assists and usage and not the guy who touches the ball less than anyone else (fisher)
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #17
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Wow all I hear are poor excuses, I can't find any PG Phil ever had that put up 3 straight 0's in assists......the excuses make him sound like the ball boy who's job is just to roll the ball rack out there, that doesn't make Fish sound the least bit usefull.....nor do those horrible stats. I guess to some people he will never do anything wrong
Funny that everyone else is getting assists.....even Sasha....but when it comes to Fish it's the system......come on guys

Last 6 games assists;

Fish 0, 0, 0, 6, 0, 2

SB 1, 6, 3, 1, 3, 4

Farmar 5, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1

Sasha 0, 0, 2, 1, 0, 4 Sasha's minutes played 0, 0, 11, 8, 14, 16
Sasha only played in 4 of the 6 and in those very limited minutes and STILL beat Fish in assists

If these guys con get assists.......

Fish is not Starter quality PERIOD!!!! This is a reality check!!!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #18
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Fisher doesn't get assists because he's not good enough to dish them. Not because its not his responsibility.

Maybe if he passed the ball on fastbreaks instead of jacking up those 1-on-4 jumpers or futiley trying to finish hopeless layup attempts, his assist average would be up.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:53 AM   #19
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

that's a problem that goes both ways. other teams know that he won't make his lay ups or hit his jumpers, so they defend the pass.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:33 AM   #20
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Of all Phil Jackson coached teams, no point guard has ever averaged more than 5.5 assists per game. Only Gary Payton did 5.5apg in the 2003-04 season. Over a period of 16 seasons, only four point guards have managed to get above 4 assists per game under Phil Jackson as shown in the table below:

Season Player APG
89-90
John Paxson 4.1
BJ Armstrong 2.5

90-91
BJ Armstrong 3.7
John Paxson 3.6

91-92
BJ Armstrong 3.2
John Paxson 3.1

92-93

93-94
BJ Armstrong 3.9
Steve Kerr 2.6

94-95
BJ Armstrong 3.0

95-96
Ron Harper 2.6

96-97
Ron Harper 2.5

97-98
Ron Harper 2.9

99-00
Ron Harper 3.4
Derek Fisher 2.8
Brian Shaw 2.7

00-01
Derek Fisher 4.4
Brian Shaw 3.2

01-02
Derek Fisher 2.6

02-03
Derek Fisher 3.6
Brian Shaw 1.5

03-04
Gary Payton 5.5

04-05
Smush Parker 3.7 (wipe that smile off your face lakerfreak...lol)

05-06
Smush Parker 2.8

Among all players, the best assists per game average in a season belonged to Scottie Pippen who averaged 7.0 apg in the 1991-92 season wherein he had an astonishing 21 ppg 7.7 rpg 7.0 apg season.

Best APG Seasons Under Phil Jackson

Player APG Season
Scottie Pippen 7.0 91-92
Scottie Pippen 6.3 92-93
Michael Jordan 6.3 89-90
Scottie Pippen 6.2 90-91
Michael Jordan 6.1 91-92
Scottie Pippen 5.9 95-96
Kobe Bryant 5.9 02-03
Scottie Pippen 5.8 97-98
Scottie Pippen 5.7 96-97
Scottie Pippen 5.6 93-94
Kobe Bryant 5.5 01-02
Gary Payton 5.5 03-04
Lamar Odom 5.5 05-06

Only 2 players have surpassed the 6 apg mark in PJ-coached teams and this was all on or before the 92-93 season.

But another peculiar observation: Even if Phil Jackson’s point guards seem to be low in assists, all of his teams have out-assisted their opponents

http://www.82games.com/uy4.htm

this season
fisher 2.5
farmar 1.8
brown 1.3
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:30 PM   #21
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

When you look at Fisher's minutes played, lack of assists, lack of points, terrible shooting percentage, can't make layups nor penetrate and dish........put that alongside terrible defense....he shouldn't be starting on ANY NBA team.....would he start on the Clippers or Nets.....Grizzlies....any team.....hell no......no one else would do that.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #22
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

I was about to comment on Shannon. Then I realized I made this thread a year ago. Almost on the dot. lol

Anyone's mind change?
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #23
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I was about to comment on Shannon. Then I realized I made this thread a year ago. Almost on the dot. lol

Anyone's mind change?
He seems to be around the same place, despite his improved shooting.
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #24
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

he is an average player. I wouldnt mind if he left the lakers next year.

So far to start the season he was good but now he is absolutely pathetic...He takes around 10shots...which is way too many...specially when we have atleast 2 of odom/bynum/pau in the game

Last year he did the same and Farmar was the same...

dont get me started on his pathetic DEFENSE and showing up in big games...I know i know he showed up in Celtics game but that was it....

I prefer to bring Sasha back next yr if we could get him for Shannon's brown...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:02 AM   #25
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

lakersNUMBA1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
he is an average player. I wouldnt mind if he left the lakers next year.

So far to start the season he was good but now he is absolutely pathetic...He takes around 10shots...which is way too many...specially when we have atleast 2 of odom/bynum/pau in the game

Last year he did the same and Farmar was the same...

dont get me started on his pathetic DEFENSE and showing up in big games...I know i know he showed up in Celtics game but that was it....

I prefer to bring Sasha back next yr if we could get him for Shannon's brown...

did i just read that correctly?? i dont think we would want sasha back now. hes doing fine on his own. and plus he never really listened to anybody. i believe shannon brown will eventually be the next kobe 2.0 in the future. he just needs to play at his level. lately hes been taking shots that arent always great. yet he still has a high % for 3 pointers and field goal. it did go down since the start of the season.. but im sure it will all come together towards the end.
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:32 AM   #26
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

he needs to know his role. Odom/Bynum/Gasol/Kobe <--- whom ever is on the floor with him should be the focal point of the offense not him chucking up a storm for no apparent reason.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:44 AM   #27
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
did i just read that correctly?? i dont think we would want sasha back now. hes doing fine on his own. and plus he never really listened to anybody. i believe shannon brown will eventually be the next kobe 2.0 in the future. he just needs to play at his level. lately hes been taking shots that arent always great. yet he still has a high % for 3 pointers and field goal. it did go down since the start of the season.. but im sure it will all come together towards the end.

i forgot to write Shanon brown's salary which is 2,5mil/year which i am ok to pay to Sasha...he knows his role and plays annoying defense....while brown...keeps slacking off his man.....

I really dont care for dunks that much i guess...

Also please dont put these 2 names in the same sentence...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:16 AM   #28
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster

If he just impersonates Ariza's timely aggression (in 2009) on offense, he would be a lot better for us. I don't like him handling the ball, he makes too many poor decisions. I like the way he plays the passing lanes on defense (but still gambles too much) and he should primarily take shots when he's open; he dominates the ball way too much lately, in the first month; he played a lot more within the offense, he isn't Kobe, and shouldn't try to replicate his game (he isn't polished enough).
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:22 AM   #29
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
It just shows that we dont have the perfect solution for the starting PG.
But we have 3 good guards with different strengths.
Let's have faith in Phil to send out the right player for each situation in the PO.

The "perfect solution" is Fisher, he's proved that time and time again. I don't see how some people are still skeptical just because of a few regular season performances. The goal isn't to put up extension-signing justifying numbers in February its to be health and clicking on all cylinders come playoff time and into june.

The same people crying about trades this year and Fisher's age were the same doing it last season. People just never learn.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:41 AM   #30
xhuegox
I airball my layups

xhuegox has not been impressing people

Biggest issue I have with Shannon Brown is that he has very poor ball handling skills for a nba guard. Seems like he loses the ball way too easily. Isn't ball handling something that's easy to improve? maybe practice with tennis balls like I did in high school.
xhuegox is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: