Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 12-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Top 5 Favorite Buck Players All-Time

1. Oscar Robertson

One of the most versatile players of all time. Only player ever to average a triple double in a season. Key player with Lew Alcindor in the only Bucks title in history in 1971. He was also made a major impact on the game of basketball in the courts when he filed the Oscar Robertson suit which delayed the NBA/ABA merger and helped reform the college draft and free agency clauses. One of the most exciting players to watch. Great midrange game and had a great off the dribble shot. Impactful player on and off the court.

2. Lew Alcindor

Hard to not have one the greatest centers ever and main componenet to the 1971 title in the top 5. What else can be said about Lew Alcindor. He completely turned around the Bucks after he was drafted. His impact on the game was from day 1. Dominating force in UCLA and it continued with the Bucks. As a rookie, he average 29 and 15. In the year of their title run, he was awarded MVP and also won Finals MVP.

3. Sidney Moncrief

One of the most underrated players ever imo. Hardly gets enough recognition for his game. He was a defensive beast, winning the award in 83' and 84'. Known for his D but still found ways to score. One of the best defenders ever. Period.

4. Ray Allen

Possibly the best shooter of this era. Never seen such a pure shot. He only played 6.5 seasons with them but he had some nice runs with Big Dogg and Sam Cassell. He still is playing at a high level, and was great in Milwakee.

5. Brandon Jennings

The future. He is a superstar in the making. Great feel for the game and great vision on the court. He has a knack for finding guys and he is a very capable scorer. He can run a team. He is going to be something special.

Honorable Mentions:

Bob Lanier, Glenn Robinson, Sam Cassel, Andrew Bogut, Jack Sikma, Jon McGlocklin

Last edited by ihatetimthomas : 12-06-2009 at 02:30 PM.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Trademan
Banned

Trademan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Top 5 Favorite Buck Players All-Time

Great job
Well done
Trademan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

top 5 fav players after 20 games , and Jennings gets on your list
This team has had over 35 + years of players , and you come up with Jennings

Maybe I should come up with top 5 players of rookie season, and start with Pressey

If you ever seen Paul play his game was tailered after Dr.j

Imagine if you were there with me and the internet was alive
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 AM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
top 5 fav players after 20 games , and Jennings gets on your list
This team has had over 35 + years of players , and you come up with Jennings

Maybe I should come up with top 5 players of rookie season, and start with Pressey

If you ever seen Paul play his game was tailered after Dr.j

Imagine if you were there with me and the internet was alive

Top 5 favorite Buck players This means its my opinion on who I personally like, not all time greats.

You know if you don't like it, then you don't need to respond. I just thought it would be nice to add a thread in this sad place you call the Bucks forum. I mean, whats it to you if I like Jennings? Its my opinion. I like the potential in him and I think he will end up being a Bucks great.

I'm not even a Bucks fan, I am a fan of the game. I don't know every Bucks player that has ever played but I feel have a solid knowledge of the game as a whole.

You are the mod here right? Dont know why you act like a douche bag when this place is a ghost town. I came in here to post some Bucks appreciation and I get your snide ass remarks. You should be happy that a fan of another team can appreciate the Bucks. But trust me, I wont be back here where the mod is a smart ass bitch. Peace
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
Hillabale
I airball my layups

Hillabale has an OK reputation so far

Tim Thomas didn't make your list?
Hillabale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Timthomas - your opinion is worthy , but my point was pretty simple 20 games and he makes a fav list , when their is ton's of players that played for the Bucks.
Nate the Skate , Glove , Moses .... .

I do not know if you ever saw Pressey , but ton's of fans in Milwaukee wanted him to succeed , and his game was tailored after Dr.J.

Call me a ho , and all that you want to dish out .. but I'll stick with the history of the Bucks and 500+ players the franchise has then pick fav 5.

That's just me , Ho bucks fan
Old 12-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Here's my fav five -

Wally Jones (I'm probably the only one on this board that knows this guy)

Bob Dandridge

Sir Sidney

Jack Sikma (quite the beer drinker)

Terry Cummings
Old 01-10-2010, 02:07 AM   #8
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1.Big O-Love the fact that he held down every facet of the game like no one else in the history of the NBA.

2.Ray Allen-Sweet,Sweet jumper. One of the best shooters(if not THE best) the NBA has ever seen.

3.Michael Redd- Where he's from says it all. I have seen him in person, and he's a nice guy to just show up at my old middle school like that.

4.Sam Cassell-Ugly, but has an extremely effective game and one of the few modern post up point guards. Clutch.

5.GP-The Glove. One of the best defenders I have ever seen. Flat out game changer.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
Saskibaloia
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Saskibaloia has an OK reputation so far

1. Andrew "Thunder from Down Under" Bogut
2. Lew Alcindor
3. Oscar Robertson
4. Ray Allen
5. Brandon Jennings

Since I'm a new Bucks fan and I'm from Australia, well I have to put my compatriot "The Thunder from Down Under" there, followed by the player whom I believe is the Greatest Centre EVER, the Big O and his triple double career, the smoothest shooter EVER and my new homie from Italy ... well he's not really from Italy ...
Saskibaloia is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: