Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
Jasi
Quality?

Default Knicks discuss deal for McGrady

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote:
Knicks discuss deal for McGrady
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
6 hours, 51 minutes ago

The Houston Rockets are in the discussion stages of a complicated, three-team trade that would send Tracy McGrady(notes) to the New York Knicks, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The centerpieces of the trade would include the Washington Wizards shipping forward Caron Butler(notes) and center Brendan Haywood(notes) to the Rockets. The Knicks would send Al Harrington(notes) to the Wizards. For the Wizards’ part, they would still need another player, as well as a draft pick and cash to make this a workable scenario, sources said.

Other players and contracts would still need to be agreed upon for a deal to come together, but there is a framework to the discussions.

The Rockets have been peddling McGrady’s expiring contract of $23 million since exiling him in late December.

Thoughts?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Default Re: Knicks discuss deal for McGrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi

I LOVE IT!

IF

Jared Jeffries is involved.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

If we don't give up Gallo/Chandler/Lee/Hill or even Douglas then it's a good trade. Have anyone else and if were able to get rid of Jeffries contract even better.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
If we don't give up Gallo/Chandler/Lee/Hill or even Douglas then it's a good trade. Have anyone else and if were able to get rid of Jeffries contract even better.

so true.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Let me say right now that Wil is my fave. BUT, let's say we DO sign Bron July 1st. Nice knowing you Wil. Realistically they both play the same position, Chandler is not a SG. His minutes would probably get cut quite a bit with Lebron in the stable, which wouldn't be fair to Wilson. I wouldn't mind pairing up Bron and T Mac <---(cheap) (next year) (hopefully).

And the ONLY way I would deal Wison is if Jeffries was included. Let's face it, Eddy ain't going anywhere without a fight. So that's why I don't see his name being floated around with all this.

With JJ gone and hopefully a buyout will be reached with Eddy, we could sign say, Lebron, Bosh, and (T Mac for cheap) if he wants to get past the 1st rd for the first time in his career. We could be like Boston and have players sign for hardly anything to be able to compete for a ring.

I know I'm dreaming.....don't wake me up.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
Jasi
Quality?

and we would have a stunning line up where trying to match players and positions will make no sense

T-Mac - point foward
Gallo - point forward
LeBron - point forward
Lee - point center
? - ?

I like it

(Don't wake me up)
Old 02-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #7
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
and we would have a stunning line up where trying to match players and positions will make no sense

T-Mac - point foward
Gallo - point forward
LeBron - point forward
Lee - point center
? - ?

I like it

(Don't wake me up)

David Lee can't be our center if we ever want to be good. He's a PF not a center. Gallo isn't a point foward.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
Let me say right now that Wil is my fave. BUT, let's say we DO sign Bron July 1st. Nice knowing you Wil. Realistically they both play the same position, Chandler is not a SG. His minutes would probably get cut quite a bit with Lebron in the stable, which wouldn't be fair to Wilson. I wouldn't mind pairing up Bron and T Mac <---(cheap) (next year) (hopefully).

And the ONLY way I would deal Wison is if Jeffries was included. Let's face it, Eddy ain't going anywhere without a fight. So that's why I don't see his name being floated around with all this.

With JJ gone and hopefully a buyout will be reached with Eddy, we could sign say, Lebron, Bosh, and (T Mac for cheap) if he wants to get past the 1st rd for the first time in his career. We could be like Boston and have players sign for hardly anything to be able to compete for a ring.

I know I'm dreaming.....don't wake me up.
Sorry I dont think players are signing for cheap.... Thats not realistic.

Boston had a core of players already on the roster to build around Perkins, Rajon, Pierce then they added Ray KG.

I wish JJ and Curry gets traded though...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
David Lee can't be our center if we ever want to be good. He's a PF not a center. Gallo isn't a point foward.

I agree on Lee, I've been saying that like forever.
I was just joking.

But Gallo (trust me, I've seen him grow up as a player) is indeed a point forward, it's just that you guys have not seen that yet.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #10
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Boston had a core of players already on the roster to build around Perkins, Rajon, Pierce then they added Ray KG.

Good point.

Add the fact that we cant even add to our young group because we don't have a draft pick and pay cuts look less likely.

The only thing that gives me faith is that Wade said he would take a pay cut to play with LeBron.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #11
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Good point.

Add the fact that we cant even add to our young group because we don't have a draft pick and pay cuts look less likely.

The only thing that gives me faith is that Wade said he would take a pay cut to play with LeBron.

Don't be so negative man. We have a 1st next yr, a huge expirers in Curry and Jeffries which we can get some players with to pair up with out FA signing. So basically FA, Trade, Trade, Lee, Chandler, Gallo, Hill, Douglas, Draft pick(2nd or if we get a 1st), and not to mention some players for the vet's min.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:15 AM   #12
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Don't be so negative man. We have a 1st next yr, a huge expirers in Curry and Jeffries which we can get some players with to pair up with out FA signing. So basically FA, Trade, Trade, Lee, Chandler, Gallo, Hill, Douglas, Draft pick(2nd or if we get a 1st), and not to mention some players for the vet's min.

Trust me, I will become an instant believer in pay cuts if Jared Jeffries is moved before the trade dead line.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #13
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Sorry I dont think players are signing for cheap.... Thats not realistic.

I wish JJ and Curry gets traded though...

We don't have a 1st rd pick this year, but we do have 2 2nd rd picks. So we can fill out the roster 1 way or another.

And if an older player thinks he could win a chip, you'll be amazed what they will take for money.
Example..
Gary Payton
Karl Malone................to name a few.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #14
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I dont know how Tmac will play but if he can play its a nice move. Lets see what he has left in the tank. This banishment does nothing but hurt him as far as court time sharpness, game shape etc...

Can Tmac play PG? That would make things interesting.

Can the Knicks play with Tmac, Chandler, Gallo, Bender/Landry/Hill Lee for the rest of the season?
I dont know who the other person is in the 3 way deal. Jeffries Curry or Hughes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
We don't have a 1st rd pick this year, but we do have 2 2nd rd picks. So we can fill out the roster 1 way or another.

And if an older player thinks he could win a chip, you'll be amazed what they will take for money.
Example..
Gary Payton
Karl Malone................to name a few.
Obviously people will take a pay cut to play for a chip... Boston Lakers yes...

Are you insane to assume the Knicks have anything that resembles enough talent to even utter that statement.... NO
I mean this LBJ dream is only a dream and we are way off from this idea...

I mean jesuze christos people temper your expectations... People are setting themselves up for a possible suicidal let down!

Its the "IF" "HYPOTHETICAL" situation...

There are many team with cap room along with the Knicks...

Last edited by Rameek : 02-11-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #15
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Quote:
There are many team with cap room along with the Knicks...

I know where you coming from, BUT, there is only 1 Madison Square Garden. The mecca of basketball, worlds most famous arena. Come on man! Bron would be King of New York!

Lebron said he wants to be THE richest NBA player when he retires. Could he do this in Ohio? I don't think so. In New York? Most likely.

(and besides, he might just be reading this) (JK)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: