Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 02-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.
Default Marcus Camby to Portland

What does everyone think of the recent trade of Travis Outlaw, Steve Blake and cash for Marcus Camby?

I think it's a great deal regardless of whether Camby signs with Portland next year. He'll be a great compliment to LaMarcus Aldridge down low and will make up the rebounding and shot-blocking lost with the injuries to Oden and Pryzbilla. It will also allow the Blazers not to have to play Juwon Howard the 30+ minutes he's given as of late. Should keep the Blazers in the playoffs for this year giving the rest of the team experience.
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Marcus Camby to Portland

I like it, but it won't matter so much if Roy's hamstring continues to be bad enough that we miss the playoffs. The idea of getting Camby is to help our team get playoff experience.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

And if Roy continues to not play it will just hurt our team... leaving us only 1 consistent scorer with Aldridge. Outlaw is actually needed (no homer), but when we struggle to score it's really frustrating.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love that Camby is already talking about the possibility of re-signing in the summer. Even with Joel and Oden back, I think he could play backup PF. Our team would have some very nice interior defenders next year.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:00 AM   #5
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Link?
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:56 AM   #6
Myth

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sport...44181421109700
Quote:
It may be that Camby will be around longer than two months. He said all the right things Tuesday about the city of Portland and the Blazer franchise.

“Hopefully things work out for myself and for the team these last couple of months of the season,” Camby says. “In talking with management and guys here, they don’t consider me a rental player. Hopefully there will be a chance for me long-term. I would definitely like to be here.”

“If everything comes together, I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t re-sign here,” says agent Rick Kaplan, media relations director for the Portland Winterhawks from 1992-95 who now operates Kaplan Sports Group out of Washington, D.C. “There was a lot of interest in other teams for the summer, but my hope is it clicks here.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

Good news - Roy looked really good last night (even if it was the Nets), but Camby rolled his ankle - reports are that it's not serious however.
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
Myth

Yeah, he shouldn't have to sit out more than a game or 2. I'm not too worried about this.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: