Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Greg Monroe

12 points 12 assists 7 reb in 31 minutes. that's imprssive from a center.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation
Default Re: Greg Monroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
12 points 12 assists 7 reb in 31 minutes. that's imprssive from a center.
he's got a good feel for the game. he's very polished. i like him a lot, oddly enough he reminds me a lot of a bigger version of jeff green. he won't be a 1st option in the NBA but he'll be a very nice complimentary player on a good team.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope the Sixers draft this kid.

Speights and Monroe = Philadelphia's Twin Towers 2010

Last edited by Lebron23 : 02-09-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #4
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

beast
iggy> is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I hope the Sixers draft this kid.

Speights and Monroe = Philadelphia's Twin Towers 2010
yes that would be ideal. monroe compliments speights really well...although i think monroe is the kind of player that compliments a lot of good post players.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #6
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

he is the perfect triangle player with his passing ability.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #7
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
yes that would be ideal. monroe compliments speights really well...although i think monroe is the kind of player that compliments a lot of good post players.

Sixers would be a playoffs team if they draft Greg Monroe this year. I hope they trade Elton Brand and Samuel Dalembert in the off season.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 02-09-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #8
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

sixers would be stupid if they draft Greg Monroe, their front line rotation is already too stacked ( Dalembert, Brand, Speights, Young, J.Smith). They need a swingman who can shoot threes well. They need a Xavier Henry or James Anderson.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #9
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Sixers would be a playoffs team if they draft Greg Monroe next year. I hope they can dump Brand and Dalembert's contracts in the off season.
Me too. I hope they can unload one of those contracts before the deadline. I'd honestly be willing to part with Iggy (who is a nice but overpaid player) if it means they could rid themselves of one of those awful contracts. Brand at least doesn't hurt the team even though his deal is much longer.

I'd like to blow the entire thing up minus Speights, Young, Jrue, Jason Smith.

Get an extra first rounder, draft Monroe, and another nice player.

Sign a Joe Johnson. Maybe get a veteran PG...They should really try and pry Kyle Lowry, he's a philly guy and seriously good/underrated.

There you have it, a 45-50 win team.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #10
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
sixers would be stupid if they draft Greg Monroe, their front line rotation is already too stacked ( Dalembert, Brand, Speights, Young, J.Smith). They need a swingman who can shoot threes well. They need a Xavier Henry or James Anderson.

If the Sixers spend a top 10 draft pick on James Anderson, they'll be sorry.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #11
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
Me too. I hope they can unload one of those contracts before the deadline. I'd honestly be willing to part with Iggy (who is a nice but overpaid player) if it means they could rid themselves of one of those awful contracts. Brand at least doesn't hurt the team even though his deal is much longer.

I'd like to blow the entire thing up minus Speights, Young, Jrue, Jason Smith.

Get an extra first rounder, draft Monroe, and another nice player.

Sign a Joe Johnson. Maybe get a veteran PG...They should really try and pry Kyle Lowry, he's a philly guy and seriously good/underrated.

There you have it, a 45-50 win team.

20-25 win team right there.

Monroe is decent, but I would take Cousins over him every time.
hawksdogsbraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Whatever GM drafts him better be ready for the onslaught of "Jesus why can't Monroe be aggressive?!," "Look to score Monroe!," "Does Monroe even care?" from his fanbase.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Just because you have a lot of big bodies doesn't mean the position is "stacked". Maybe we shouldn't draft John Wall because we already have Holiday, Lou, Royal Ivey, Willie Green, and Iverson? Stacked.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #14
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

CLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm not sure Philly will be able to get Monroe.
CLTHornets4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #15
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Just because you have a lot of big bodies doesn't mean the position is "stacked". Maybe we shouldn't draft John Wall because we already have Holiday, Lou, Royal Ivey, Willie Green, and Iverson? Stacked.

LOL yeah that 'stacked' frontcourt has exactly 1 good player, and he doesn't even start.
hawksdogsbraves is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: