Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
BMOGEFan
Banned

BMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputation
Default Do people still play magic the gathering?

i remember playing this shit when i was in 7th grade. mind you, i'm 28.

do people still collect and play this crap?
BMOGEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Do people still play magic the gathering?

I've stopped playing MTG for 6-7 years. Still missing it though, but I have no good amount of times.

Counterspell rulez!!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
i remember playing this shit when i was in 7th grade. mind you, i'm 28.

do people still collect and play this crap?

I've been to a few comic book stores and seen some serious nerds playing some kind of game similar to that.

When it comes to my nerdy side:

I play this $hit right here

Best board game ever.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
BMOGEFan
Banned

BMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
I've stopped playing MTG for 6-7 years. Still missing it though, but I have no good amount of times.

Counterspell rulez!!

hahah counterspell
Old 02-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
BMOGEFan
Banned

Quote:

Counterspell rulez!!

i also think there is a serious lack of good opponents thats why this game is dead.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
hahah counterspell
I always prefer old school all-blue decks that do almost nothing but counterspelling. Either that or some stupid decks based around a stupid rare cards are my favorites.

My favorite stupid rare card.

Last edited by kaiteng : 02-11-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
i also think there is a serious lack of good opponents thats why this game is dead.
Many of them go to hold em' poker instead. That David Williams, who came second in WSOP, is one of them.

Also, competitive collectible card game in general is dead, or at least in coma, IMO. Online gaming takes over some times ago.

Last edited by kaiteng : 02-11-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
BMOGEFan
Banned

Quote:
Many of them go to hold em' poker instead. That David Williams, who came second in WSOP, is one of them.

Also, competitive collectible card game in general is dead, or at least in coma, IMO. Online gaming takes over some times ago.

i think the cards are just a rip off

people are just photcopying cards to play with instead.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #9
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
i think the cards are just a rip off

people are just photcopying cards to play with instead.
Yeah, they can. Even pros do. But if you want to go further into more real competitive levels, you gotta get real cards, which cost a lot even in latest types.

Last edited by kaiteng : 02-11-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
BMOGEFan
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, they can. But if you want to go further into more real competitive levels, you gotta get real cards, which cost a lot even in latest types.

if i play against people at comic book stores, do you think they will let me use copy cards?
Old 02-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
if i play against people at comic book stores, do you think they will let me use copy cards?
Well, in casual games, if they don't mind they will allow you to do proxy decks. If you want to play for prizes, on the other hand, they won't.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #12
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Never played any of those fantasy card games... they always seemed like a gauranteed way not to get laid.

Not trying to diss anyone who plays... that was always just my first thought when I walked by a group of kids playing those games.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #13
zabuza666
Local High School Star

zabuza666 has an OK reputation so far

Card games can't top the ultimate nerd ripoff though: -

zabuza666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #14
sergiorodriguez

I won $1,000 playing this game in middle school finishing top 8 in California. Then in highschool I quit because I thought it was lame and i turned my attention to parties and girls. Then in rehab-people played this game cus we didn't have TV, and they rationed super smash bros so we could play it 30 minutes a day only.

Then three years later-this present day, I started playing again. I realized the only reason I quit was because it had a nerd stigma, and I think it's stupid now to quit doing something you like just because some people will make fun of you.

So far in 3 months back in I have won about $200 at a local store, so it isn't a bad hobby, it brings in a little money and doesn't take up so much time.

It's not really a dead game like people in here say, it's actually pretty popular still, more popular than ever infact atleast according to sales, and the best people at magic are good at poker, this is true.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:06 PM   #15
BMOGEFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
I won $1,000 playing this game in middle school finishing top 8 in California. Then in highschool I quit because I thought it was lame and i turned my attention to parties and girls. Then in rehab-people played this game cus we didn't have TV, and they rationed super smash bros so we could play it 30 minutes a day only.

Then three years later-this present day, I started playing again. I realized the only reason I quit was because it had a nerd stigma, and I think it's stupid now to quit doing something you like just because some people will make fun of you.

So far in 3 months back in I have won about $200 at a local store, so it isn't a bad hobby, it brings in a little money and doesn't take up so much time.

It's not really a dead game like people in here say, it's actually pretty popular still, more popular than ever infact atleast according to sales, and the best people at magic are good at poker, this is true.

17 x island
3 x force of will
4 x stasis
4 x black vice
4 x howling mines
4 x forsaken city
4 x thwart
3 x frozen aether
3 x chronotog
3 x propaganda
4 x counterspell
3 x foil