Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far
Default Rate My Draft!

Just had it this morning..I was pick #6, 10 team league that is H2H. I was targeting Arenas but then Marion fell when the #5 guy picked Dirk.

Guards: Jason Kidd, Deron Williams, Luke Ridnour, Speedy Claxton
Kevin Martin, Raja Bell

Forwards: Shawn Marion, Andrei Kirilenko, Jermaine ONeal, Gerald Wallace, David West

Centers: Chris Kaman, Tyson Chandler, Eddie Griffin

How do you think I did? I almost pulled off the trifecta of Kirilenko, Wallace, and J. Smith but someone saw what I was doing and yanked him.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
NBA
I airball my layups

NBA has an OK reputation so far

Marion fell to 6

Who did they pick before him
NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #3
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Yeah I thought the same thing!

LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Shawn Marion

Last edited by BigAl : 11-04-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
Just had it this morning..I was pick #6, 10 team league that is H2H. I was targeting Arenas but then Marion fell when the #5 guy picked Dirk.

Guards: Jason Kidd, Deron Williams, Luke Ridnour, Speedy Claxton
Kevin Martin, Raja Bell

Forwards: Shawn Marion, Andrei Kirilenko, Jermaine ONeal, Gerald Wallace, David West

Centers: Chris Kaman, Tyson Chandler, Eddie Griffin

How do you think I did? I almost pulled off the trifecta of Kirilenko, Wallace, and J. Smith but someone saw what I was doing and yanked him.
Getting Marion, Kirilenko and Gerald Wallace was a great move. I think you will be really good in FG%, REB, STL, AST and BLK. However, I think your current team will be weak in FT%, PTS and you could really use at least one more three point shooter. You also have a lot of injury risk on your team with O'Neal, Wallace and Kirilenko.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:03 PM   #5
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Yeah I really wanted Rashard Lewis or Peja pretty bad but they were snatched...so I looked for Eddie Jones and missed out on him too. Mo Williams and Smush Parker are available on the waiver wire though.

Im having troubles getting more 3's into the starting lineup without sacrificing assists...Kidd, Marion, and Deron Williams average more than one 3 per game. The big gun on my team, Raja Bell, is having troubles making the starting lineup. Here is my starting line up right now..any suggestions?

PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Gerald Wallace
G: Luke Ridnour
SF: Shawn Marion
PF: David West
F: Andrei Kirilenko
FC: Jermaine O'Neal
C: Chris Kaman
Ut: Deron Williams

B:Speedy Claxton
B:Kevin Martin
B:Raja Bell
B:Eddie Griffin (Pending waiver trade for Brezec)
B:Tyson Chandler

I could bench Ridnour for Raja Bell, but then what kind of a hit does my assists take?

I could also drop Claxton to the wire for Mo Williams/Smush Parker? How do I get them in the starting lineup though?

Im finding it hard to move my forwards....
Old 11-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Raja will get in, if it's daily roster changes. Not all of your starters will be playing at the same time, so obviously he'll get some burn. And if you find yourself down in three's, just insert Raja or Martin in for a guy like Ridnour to give yourself a boost. Just hope Raja finds the PT to get you some stats. Barbosa seems to be just eating it up.

EDIT: Just saw that you're getting Brezec. Although isn't Sean May taking a lot of Primo's minutes?

But anyways, I really like your draft as well. I'm not completely sure about Eddie Grifin though. He's a little inconsistent. But you can always see how he pans out and drop him if it comes to that. I too really like the way you targeted the difficult areas like steals and assists, without sacrificing assists or rebounds.

With guys like Kidd, Ridnour, Wallace, and Marion getting you steals, and then Wallace, Marion, Kirilenko, O'Neal, Kaman, and Chandler, you are pretty much unbeatable in those categories. In fact, you're so strong in blocks, you might actually be pretty safe to trade Kirilenko for a more reliable three point guy, and possibly someone else decent as well. Not only is Kirilenko extremely valuable to many teams in fantasy, but you can get rid of one of your injury risks as well. You could possibly target a guy like Shard Lewis who'll get you steals as well, to go along with someone else for Andrei.

Anyways, definately a great team, love the draft and what you did with it. Good work.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #7
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Brezec is out for another week and a half with exhaustion and is an all-around bad idea for your team, especially if you're putting a waiver on him.
What three point shooters are available in free agency?
You really don't need another center because O'Neal has C eligibility.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 11-04-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:20 PM   #8
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Should have disclosed this earlier but didnt. This is an update weekly league, not daily. So if I insert a 3-point shooter for an assist guy then I got him ALL week. Now I do have a couple flexible forwards like Gerald Wallace. If I needed to drop a big like David West from the lineup I could move G. Wallace from SG down to forward and of course fill the SG slot with a 3 shooter. Of course then I miss out on the David West goodness.

Maybe I can trade West for a good SG? Or does a guy like Raja Bell/Kevin Martin suffice?

Another idea is to put a package together with Jermaine ONeal for Billups and see if the guy will trade Chauncey. Of course the lesser version of Billups is Bibby...

Good point about Jermaine..forgot about the center eligibility.

Lets see...FA shooters...JR Smith is on the wire along with Mo Williams, Juan Dixon, Randy Foye, Fred Jones, Anthony Parker, Michael Pietrus, JJ Redick, Q Rich, Damon Jones, and Damon Stoudamire.

Kirk Hinrich may be the answer because he is a PG with SG eligibility but someone in our league grabbed him...maybe I can offer him a trade

Last edited by BigAl : 11-04-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #9
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

I think since you have only one spot designated for SG that you should be fine with only Raja Bell and Kevin Martin. I think picking up Mo Williams would be a very good idea. If he continues to do well, it'll give you the flexibility to trade away one of your non-three point shooting point guards (Ridnour or Claxton) for another player that will help your team if you choose to do so.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #10
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Yeah my dilemma right now though is that Gerald Wallace is taking up the SG spot. So if I move him to utility to insert a true SG then I lose Deron Williams or Luke Ridnour to the bench.

My best scenario would be to get a PG with SG eligibility like Kirk Hinrich. That way if I drop Luke Ridnour to the bench (or trade), the loss of assists is padded by a guy like Kirk Hinrich who gets about 6 a game...

what do you think?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: