Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #16
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA Should Abolish 7-Game Playoff Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinitbig06
safe to say thats a no, bruh

u should probably stop posting for a while... take a look at your pathetic existance on this lil' Earth

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #17
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
nope. first round should go back to a 5 game series tho
definitely
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #18
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagexslave
  • More hype is built up for 1 game championships compared to 7(meaning more media publicity and events)

Instead of building up hype for a possible 7 games?
  • The NBA championship game day could become an "unofficial American holiday" the same way the Super Bowl has, where people all over the country throw parties that one day and watch the game(this could be an easy way to gain more fans and popularity)

Fans have the whole postseason to be throwing parties and watching games, every magic fan i work with had each night of the finals last year off of work to go somewhere to watch the game
  • Forces the teams to push their limit every game or face elimination automatically, makes for intense games(instead of boring games where a team already has a 3-0 lead in the series and stops putting full effort for a game or two)

While 3-0 leads are boring what about 3-3 going into game 7?? that will make for an intense game
  • Elimination every game makes the playoffs go faster instead of being long and drawn out. (A lot of people lose interest in the NBA playoffs because they're too long, often boring and predictable)

And what about long playoff series that are unpredictable and not boring like the bulls and celtics last year?
  • Doesn't wear out veteran players as much, so older players can play at the top of their game every game

They are making 7 figures to put a ball in a hoop, they can play some more games

horrible idea
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #19
MP25
I airball my layups

MP25 has an OK reputation so far

If you have an 82 game season and then only play a grand total of four playoff games to win the championship, what the hell is the point of the regular season?
MP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #20
darius15
High School JV MVP

darius15 has decent reputationdarius15 has decent reputation

The difference is that in NFL football, there are huge crowds, close to 100 K. The NBA has stadiums that hold about 20 K (and some teams are struggling to get that many people). There's no way that we could make it a one game elimination, we'd lose too much money.
darius15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #21
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

no...
in a one game playoff even a crappy team can get lucky, in a 5 game series a crappy team might steal one but very rarely does a crappy non deserving team win a 7 game series.. the title should be the best teams playing, not some team that snuck in because they got lucky or had a couple favorable calls go their way
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #22
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Unhappy Re: NBA Should Abolish 7-Game Playoff Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagexslave
And make the match-ups 1 game, win or go home elimination style. I think it could do a world of good for the NBA. Why do you think the Super Bowl and March Madness are so much more relatively hyped/popular than the NBA Finals or World Series? It's because of the one game series.

Here's some of the benefits one game elimination brackets have over 7 game series:
  • More hype is built up for 1 game championships compared to 7(meaning more media publicity and events)
  • The NBA championship game day could become an "unofficial American holiday" the same way the Super Bowl has, where people all over the country throw parties that one day and watch the game(this could be an easy way to gain more fans and popularity)
  • Forces the teams to push their limit every game or face elimination automatically, makes for intense games(instead of boring games where a team already has a 3-0 lead in the series and stops putting full effort for a game or two)
  • Elimination every game makes the playoffs go faster instead of being long and drawn out. (A lot of people lose interest in the NBA playoffs because they're too long, often boring and predictable)
  • Doesn't wear out veteran players as much, so older players can play at the top of their game every game

Honestly I find 1 game championships so much more intense and exciting than 7 games. Anyone agree with me?

I agree with this.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #23
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

I'll keep the 7-game series. I wouldn't be opposed to the first round going back to 5 games. Anybody can get lucky in one game. I understand that with football that's how it has to be due to the nature of the game, but with basketball, it doesn't and shouldn't.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #24
craiye
Local High School Star

craiye has decent reputation

I can understand why this would be appealing to "sports fans" ie the guys who bitch about how college >> NBA because those guys are playing for "the love of the game". This would probably draw in fans who don't really give a shit.

In the end though I doubt drawing in the fans who don't really care would help much. They won't be as likely to attend games, buy merch etc, do the loss in revenue from all those other games wouldn't be made up by getting some casual fans to watch.
craiye is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: