Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 02-18-2010, 02:28 AM   #1
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool
Default kmart

what do we think?
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
clutchcity512
Can barely lace up my sneakers

clutchcity512 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: kmart

I think this is a really good trade for the Rockets. They got something out of tmac's contract and even though they had to give up Carl Landry, there are too many pluses that outweigh the negatives. Morey got the picks and talent he wanted for the talent he gave up. I could see this move launching the rockets to a championship in the next season or two.
clutchcity512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
mattevans11

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

I also see this trade as a good thing.

at first i was not happy to see landry in the trade, but hearing that we also got hill helped out a bit for this.

hill could potentilly be a landry type of player. i also like that this trade will likely put ariza on the second unit, which is where he thrives. I like the addition of a shooter that could get about 20-25 points a game.

good trade for rockets.. I LIKE IT!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

i hate to see landry leave. iv loved his play since a rookie and to see him develop to into the player he did this season was remarkable. nonetheless this is business and you cant build a championship team without taking risks. were not going to get quality players by simply trading away nothing.

so to put in perspective. what did we lose? Carl Landry 16 and 5.5 forward 6th man of the year with a bright future. joey dorsey, young player with potential that has yet to break any significant PT. and Tracy McGrady who weve been trying to get rid of. thats 2 players that made no impact this season.

in return. what weve been looking for. all star talent. and its at the guard position. Kevin Martin is a proven 20+ppg scorer and he is a sharp shooter. imagine this player alongside Yao Ming. Jared Jeffries is another defensive forward. and Jordan Hill a young tall potential. to add to that we get 2 1st round draft picks, not just that 2 new york 1st round picks. now barring the slim chances of a lebron-wade being new york bound, 2011 should be a high pick as well as 2010.

in summary i think its a good trade.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
mattevans11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
i hate to see landry leave. iv loved his play since a rookie and to see him develop to into the player he did this season was remarkable. nonetheless this is business and you cant build a championship team without taking risks. were not going to get quality players by simply trading away nothing.

so to put in perspective. what did we lose? Carl Landry 16 and 5.5 forward 6th man of the year with a bright future. joey dorsey, young player with potential that has yet to break any significant PT. and Tracy McGrady who weve been trying to get rid of. thats 2 players that made no impact this season.

in return. what weve been looking for. all star talent. and its at the guard position. Kevin Martin is a proven 20+ppg scorer and he is a sharp shooter. imagine this player alongside Yao Ming. Jared Jeffries is another defensive forward. and Jordan Hill a young tall potential. to add to that we get 2 1st round draft picks, not just that 2 new york 1st round picks. now barring the slim chances of a lebron-wade being new york bound, 2011 should be a high pick as well as 2010.

in summary i think its a good trade.

i wish we could have pawned off ariza in the trade
Old 02-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Actually, this isn't about K Mart. But about Jared Jeffries.

Another Jared Jeffries fan...

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/02...-jeffries-fan/

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
Actually, this isn't about K Mart. But about Jared Jeffries.

Another Jared Jeffries fan...

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/02...-jeffries-fan/

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this.

haha yeah. from what iv heard jeffries is a solid defender. he is long and athletic and defends the ball well. seems like we is another battier/ariza type of player.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
i wish we could have pawned off ariza in the trade

ehh im a little more optimistic on ariza. he doesnt have a high salary. he is athletic, long, and he is a solid defender. he needs work on his offensive game but we all knew that coming into the season. he just needs to be a more consistent shooter and he needs to work on getting to the rim. he's never going to be our go to guy on offense but i think he will be a significant piece.

Brooks/Lowry
Martin/Ariza/Taylor
Battier/Budinger/Jeffries
Scola/Anderson/Hill
Yao/Armstong

plus 2 possibly high picks which i trust morey in utilizing

I think we look solid now and i think we will be a strong team next season with a healthy Yao Ming. Pretty excited to see the rockets future.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #9
clutchcity512
Can barely lace up my sneakers

clutchcity512 has no real reputation yet.

should morey have pulled the trigger on the amare trade? would have been nice to see him with yao.
clutchcity512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

I wish we could of traded Andersen instead of Landry.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
mattevans11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
I wish we could of traded Andersen instead of Landry.

come on you are not that dumb are you?

i would have also rathr traded cook than landry..... dont be greedy and ignorant... there is a reason the rockets ended up with some nice pieces.

maybe scola for landry flop, but even then something would have not worked out as nicely
Old 02-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #12
mattevans11

1. what do you think Kmart will get tonight in his debut?

2. what do you think he will get for the season?

3. what will he get with yao?

1. 22 points on 7-15 fgs, 2-5 (3s), 6-8 (fts) , 3 rebs, 3 assists,1 steal, 3 TOs

2. 24/4/4 for season

3. 23/3/5 with yao
Old 02-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #13
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
come on you are not that dumb are you?

i would have also rathr traded cook than landry..... dont be greedy and ignorant... there is a reason the rockets ended up with some nice pieces.

maybe scola for landry flop, but even then something would have not worked out as nicely

Its the whole fact that Landry is gone. If he doesn't lead the league in 4th quarter points, he's up there, and he brought so much energy off the bench. I haven't really seen much of Jordan Hill, but if he wasn't doing much with the Knicks according to his stats, then I don't know about this. Like I said I haven't seen him play, so I can't judge him or this trade yet. I hope this deal does work out for us.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #14
mattevans11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
Its the whole fact that Landry is gone. If he doesn't lead the league in 4th quarter points, he's up there, and he brought so much energy off the bench. I haven't really seen much of Jordan Hill, but if he wasn't doing much with the Knicks according to his stats, then I don't know about this. Like I said I haven't seen him play, so I can't judge him or this trade yet. I hope this deal does work out for us.

either way martin is an upgrade over a sg that was not even in uniform.

then landry is better than hill, but morey knows whats up.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #15
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Bad game by Kevin Martin tonight, he should redeem himself tomorrow in NO.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: