Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 02-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
23jordan23
Serious playground baller

Default Steve Nash for CP3 and Al Horford

I currently own Steve Nash and as we all know he's been having a stellar season my team is currently in 2nd Overall in my 12 man Rotisserie League. I am 1st in assists with a 200 pt lead but in rebounds in 5th and blocks in 3rd last...All the other categorys im doing alright ..do you guys think I should do this?Heres my roster

Nash
B.Gordon
A.Brookes
Lebron
Taj Gibson
Vince Carter
C.Frye
A.Harrington
R.Hamilton
S.Curry
C.Brewer
L.Aldridge
Noah
M.Wiliams
G Hill

*if yes who am I dropping? Or should I keep my team as is?
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
tian820
College star

Default Re: Steve Nash for CP3 and Al Horford

I'd probably do it and drop Gibson
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
23jordan23
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
I'd probably do it and drop Gibson

My thing is..theres no timetable on when Cp3 is coming back..plus its a risk cuz he can comeback and get injured again or just suck lol
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23jordan23
I currently own Steve Nash and as we all know he's been having a stellar season my team is currently in 2nd Overall in my 12 man Rotisserie League. I am 1st in assists with a 200 pt lead but in rebounds in 5th and blocks in 3rd last...All the other categorys im doing alright ..do you guys think I should do this?Heres my roster

Nash
B.Gordon
A.Brookes
Lebron
Taj Gibson
Vince Carter
C.Frye
A.Harrington
R.Hamilton
S.Curry
C.Brewer
L.Aldridge
Noah
M.Wiliams
G Hill

*if yes who am I dropping? Or should I keep my team as is?
you sayin you have assists to burn and need rbs and the guy is willn to give you the best fantasy player and Horford, why not try to go for some big guy like Caman/Lee/Al jefferson/Bogut/Dwight..........
dunksby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

CP3 is a huge risk. There are no official reports about when he'll be back, but most estimate him to start practicing again early-mid March, which means at most you will get ~1 mo of production from him (and he might not be at peak form).

The reason I think it's a larger risk than it appears is because if Hornets are out of the playoff race by then, they might just have him rest the remainder of the season rather than risk having him get re-injured by playing him in meaningless games.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportin_life
CP3 is a huge risk. There are no official reports about when he'll be back, but most estimate him to start practicing again early-mid March, which means at most you will get ~1 mo of production from him (and he might not be at peak form).

The reason I think it's a larger risk than it appears is because if Hornets are out of the playoff race by then, they might just have him rest the remainder of the season rather than risk having him get re-injured by playing him in meaningless games.

Agreed. I like the strategy of dumping assist-heavy players like Nash, but I dont think you need CP3 back in the deal necessarily. Although it'd be hard for me to turn him down, this is a deal that can favor you down the stretch, but its not going to chance your fortunes so much that you win boards ans blocks, so maybe its ultimately not worth it.

Does he have a more dominant blocks/boards big man to offer straight up for Nash? In a worst case scenario, CP3 is lost the rest of the season and Horford alone doesnt exactly bump you to the forefront in blocks or even boards.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: