Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 02-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
artificial
:-P

Default Jodie Meeks, Francisco Elson to Philly

Quote:
MILWAUKEE — A person with direct knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press that Milwaukee has agreed to a deal with the Philadelphia 76ers that would bring guard Royal Ivey back to the Bucks.

The person, who spoke Thursday on the condition of anonymity because the deal has not been completed, said the Bucks would send rookie guard Jodie Meeks and center Francisco Elson to Philadelphia for Ivey, center Primoz Brezec and a second-round pick in the 2010 draft. Ivey played for the Bucks in the 2007-08 season.

It would be the Bucks' second trade agreement before Thursday's deadline. The first would send forwards Hakim Warrick and Joe Alexander to Chicago for guard John Salmons.
link

A third string PG & C for a third string PG & C + 2nd rounder. Not sure if this is even an upgrade (putting aside the 2nd rounder for a moment).
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

Default Re: Jodie Meeks, Francisco Elson to Philly

29 game win streak here we come.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Basically to get Jodie Meeks Sixers gave up a 2nd round pick this draft? Sold. A SG who can shoot? And a player I was screaming for last draft?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
link

A third string PG & C for a third string PG & C + 2nd rounder. Not sure if this is even an upgrade (putting aside the 2nd rounder for a moment).
Meeks is a SG and despite his low percentages he can shoot. I watch every college game out there (college bball mod ) and I, like everyone else, fell in love with Meeks last year. He lacks a complete game but can catch fire and light a team up. Think JR Smith without the crazy athleticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWEh8Um-bvQ

It's not some crazy trade but it's a guy we wanted in the draft last year. With the poor job Stefanski has done with trades and signings, his evaluation of young talent and the draft (Speights, Holiday) isn't something I've questioned yet. Can we just start a lineup of Holiday/Meeks/Iguodala/Young/Speights?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:03 AM   #5
artificial
:-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Meeks is a SG and despite his low percentages he can shoot. I watch every college game out there (college bball mod ) and I, like everyone else, fell in love with Meeks last year. He lacks a complete game but can catch fire and light a team up. Think JR Smith without the crazy athleticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWEh8Um-bvQ

It's not some crazy trade but it's a guy we wanted in the draft last year. With the poor job Stefanski has done with trades and signings, his evaluation of young talent and the draft (Speights, Holiday) isn't something I've questioned yet. Can we just start a lineup of Holiday/Meeks/Iguodala/Young/Speights?
Nice vid!! And thanks for the info on Meeks. Didn't saw much of him last year, nor with the Bucks so far so I had little knowledge of him. Now I'm looking forward to see how he can develop, and if he can become a contributor here.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: