Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 03-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation
Default Collison WC February Rookie of the Month

Quote:
The NBA announced today that New Orleans Hornets point guard Darren Collison was selected as the Western Conference Rookie of the Month presented by T-Mobile for the month of February. The honor is the first of Collison's career and the first for a Hornet since Chris Paul won the award each month of his rookie season in 2005-06. Collison is the fifth Hornet in franchise history to win the award (Paul, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, J.R. Smith).

It is a huge honor for me to win this award," said Collison. I have to give a lot of credit to my teammates, especially Chris Paul who is always there with advice and help for me, and the coaching staff for believing in me."

Among all rookies, Collison ranked first in scoring (21.6 ppg), assists (8.3 apg), steals (1.8 spg) and minutes (41.7 mpg) in February. He also recorded 3.9 rebounds during the month. Only one other rookie in the last 25 years had scoring and assist averages that high in the same month with a minimum of three games played: Allen Iverson (April 1997 -- 33.6 ppg, 8.7 apg).The rookie guard had seven straight games of at least 18 points and nine assists (2/8-2/24), only Oscar Robertson has had more consecutive games (8) of at least those numbers (1960-61 season).

http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/darr...010_03_01.html
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: