Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

Default Muhammad Ali saves man from suicide jump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV75aFzC1aQ

Pretty amazing stuff, had no idea this ever took place.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Default Re: Muhammad Ali saves man from suicide jump

mayweather would make a bet on whether or not the guy would jump
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
RagaZ
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Sad, but it's true.
RagaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
NBAplayoffs2001
MJ- Da Brooklyn Legend

Seen this video about 1/2 a year ago. Crazy how he reacted so quickly.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
masonanddixon
Local High School Star

I love how they chant 'USA! USA!' at the end for no explicable reason
masonanddixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:26 PM   #6
chosen_one6
Earned not given

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

Nah the dude would facetime Mayweather to tell him he's going to jump and then show him falling towards the ground
chosen_one6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:16 AM   #7
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:36 AM   #8
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

There is something about athletes of those times in the US, they knew what was going on around them sociological wise and they were in touch with both the people of their country and outside world. It's ironic how they are the ones who didn't grow up nor got famous in this era. Honestly I don't see any superstar in any sport who would risk getting locked up to resist a tour to Afghanistan. The times have changed though, no superstar is going to be drafted, but seeing one or two genuinely care about the society they live in would be nice.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:05 AM   #9
masonanddixon
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
There is something about athletes of those times in the US, they knew what was going on around them sociological wise and they were in touch with both the people of their country and outside world. It's ironic how they are the ones who didn't grow up nor got famous in this era. Honestly I don't see any superstar in any sport who would risk getting locked up to resist a tour to Afghanistan. The times have changed though, no superstar is going to be drafted, but seeing one or two genuinely care about the society they live in would be nice.

Yeah thats the thing. There were actually legitimate societal issues back then. Now is a life of false dichotomies and invented racism and fear.

Those Blacks in Jazz converted from Christianity to Islam out of the realization that the white man and white religion had failed them. Kareem and Muhammad Ali were passionate, intellectual, and intelligent men.

Now it's just low IQ corporate phony apes like Lebron pretending to know anything when idiot black teenagers incite and provoke violence.

Society is in a sorry state, indeed.
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM   #10
pauk
NBA Legend

Cool, didnt know about this, Ali was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonanddixon
Yeah thats the thing. There were actually legitimate societal issues back then. Now is a life of false dichotomies and invented racism and fear.

Those Blacks in Jazz converted from Christianity to Islam out of the realization that the white man and white religion had failed them. Kareem and Muhammad Ali were passionate, intellectual, and intelligent men.

Now it's just low IQ corporate phony apes like Lebron pretending to know anything when idiot black teenagers incite and provoke violence.

Society is in a sorry state, indeed.

Islam was up to 30% the original religion slaves (african-americans) had.... slaves were either muslim or atheists or some were christian, all were forced to convert including ALL had to change their names to American names, or excuse me not AMERICAN (native american) names but you know......... The religion didnt fail them (again, not like most of them did abide by it originally anyways), but the white man sure did....

That had something to do with it....

Last but not least, what do you mean with "White Religion"? Islam, Judaism & Christianity comes from the same exact place and people (Abraham is the father of both hebrews & arabs) and all hence have the same prophets who all were the architects of all 3 religions.... which is the middle-east, not so uber white racially, well they are biologically caucasian, but you know, not Scandinavia Caucasian :P....

Last edited by pauk : Yesterday at 09:19 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM   #11
masonanddixon
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Cool, didnt know about this, Ali was awesome.

Islam was up to 30% the original religion slaves (african-americans) had.... slaves were either muslim or atheists or some were christian, all were forced to convert including ALL had to change their names to American names, or excuse me not AMERICAN (native american) names but you know......... The religion didnt fail them (again, not like most of them did abide by it originally anyways), but the white man sure did....

That had something to do with it....

Last but not least, what do you mean with "White Religion"? Islam, Judaism & Christianity comes from the same exact place and people (Abraham is the father of both hebrews & arabs) and all hence have the same prophets who all were the architects of all 3 religions.... which is the middle-east, not so uber white racially, well they are biologically caucasian, but you know, not Scandinavia Caucasian :P....

Not sure what you're talking about or referring to specifically but the Arab Slave trade as far as I know did not involve forced conversion to Islam.

What I mean is that most of the slave owners were Christian and many of the Blacks were raised Christian and in the Harlem Renaissance, etc many converted to Islam. But back then there was an actual legitimate reason for the conversion.
Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM   #12
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonanddixon
Not sure what you're talking about or referring to specifically but the Arab Slave trade as far as I know did not involve forced conversion to Islam.

What I mean is that most of the slave owners were Christian and many of the Blacks were raised Christian and in the Harlem Renaissance, etc many converted to Islam. But back then there was an actual legitimate reason for the conversion.

Cool cool.

Im just generalizing, which i have been doing alot of lately on OTC, just sick of how so many know shit about Islam here or have learned only shit or want to know only shit about it
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #13
Joyner82reload
Local High School Star

Only because he was black. If the jumper were white, he would have encouraged the man to jump.

Ali was a giant POS racist and he got everything he could possibly deserve with Parkinsons
Joyner82reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM   #14
masonanddixon
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Cool cool.

Im just generalizing, which i have been doing alot of lately on OTC, just sick of how so many know shit about Islam here or have learned only shit or want to know only shit about it

I have nothing against Islam. Much like Nietzsche I find the Koran and New Testament to be boring and dull from an intellectual standpoint.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: