Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #4111
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
Damn J$ just emptied the clip on a n*gga

Don't act like you didn't read every single letter he typed up GOBB.

The first post I replied too I honestly didnt. The 2nd I read some. Mostly skimmed. My eyes went to the bold first then from what I can recall he said something about kids in my neighborhood not looking up to me but the guy down the street. Something to that extent. I wasted my golden years on a msgboard or some crap. He's a strange bird who says some weird sh!t. I know its cliche of someone to say "I'm not reading all of that.", but when it comes to JEFFERSON MONEY? I dont read the titangraphs he throws out there. I have in the past and like I said through my experience it reads as coo coo for cocoa puffs. Why should I expect these latest 2 not to be?

He says he wants to join so he can gain respect from his fellow Americans and rise to the top or some mumbo jumbo. How about he just let the actual Marines, military know where the terrorist cells that lay dormant in America exist. Expose them. Why doesnt he become this super agent who can change characters, disguises like he does online and infiltrate muslim groups plotting against America? There is a job he can surely do. I mean he fools people on ISH, what cant he do it offline? No one buys him as a Marine. But he can play a secret agent. Go uncover the terrorists cells and become a hero while earning the respect of fellow Americans that way.

Guy plays too much Call of Duty. Probably camp the entire war while his buddies actually go out and bust some heads. Wait for an enemy to run past then shoot them in the ass. Hide under the dead body until more run past then shoot them as well. Just waiting to call in his predator missle only he doesnt realize? This is real life. Its not happening. You cant dashboard out of that situation JEFFERSON MONEY. So he'll play dead until the war is over. Thats the guy you want joining the Marines? Thats the guy you think is cut to be a Marine?

He needs to snap out of that fantasy land he created posting here and deal with reality.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #4112
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Me and a few of the boys from bible study. I'm the one with nice pecs.

Last edited by rezznor : 11-27-2011 at 08:06 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #4113
JEFFERSON MONEY
Glory be to Allah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo
not fun. not fun at all. if you don't love playing ball and trying to do something with it. then there is no way someone could do this for long periods of time.
like love it like, rather play ball than hang out with hot broads that may or may not suck your **** type.

Mornings: Basketball training - to improve skill ( shooting reps, ball handling, pick and roll, iso etc) -

Afternoons: Explosive Training -to improve athletic ability we go out on the track field. run a lap or two..
sprint shuttles- 10 meters 5 times 20 meters 3 times 30 meters 3 times 40 m 1 time

plyometrics- bounding, squat jumps

weight room- deadlifts or step ups no more than 5 reps per set and heavy weight

Evenings: Weights- to improve strength ( m/w arms day t/th chest/back)

arm day:
preacher curls
shoulder raisers
barebell 8s
sull cruches
cable bicep curls
tricep pull downs
shoulder shrugs
shoulder press
etc

chest/back
bench press
lat pull downs
incline press
back extensions
rows
chest flys
push ups

etc

chest/back

I started this in mid-late september when my shoulder felt 100% finally. and all of this was created for me, by one of my friends who graduated with a sports medicine degree something along those lines. so he knows what he is doing, and the results are showing. but still have a long way to go, from where he wants me to be by the end of the program.

edit- believe it or not my workouts look something like what kevin durant and lebron do is there workouts just in different order. that's how most players train in D1, high D2, pro. so this nothing out of the ordinary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GNE9JLNJPg

Bro, if it's pure raw strength you desire then may I offer a few suggestions?

Instead of preacher curls (which are focused more on isolated bicep hypertrophy) why don't you focus on PENDLAY ROWS and T-Bar Rows. These incorporate biceps as well but they are pretty much the totality of your pulling power... YOu see a dude grab a reb and you wanna wrestle it out of their arms.. you are goign to USE UR BACK to pull that sh!t.

Shoulder shrugs are absolutely worthless. Shoulder raisers are almost worthless. Cable bicep curls suck too. Shoulder pressers with DB's controlled slowly are awesome. I'd suggest skipping out on the first 3 exercises I just listed and do WEIGHTED CHINS and UPper Clean + Presses. If you really want your triceps to have that pushing strength, and that fluidity to extend your range then do CLOSE-GRIP BENCH PRESS, CALIFORNIA PRESSES, and SKULLCRUSHERS.

For chest, you got your sh!t down. One thing I learned (From ced lol) was that finger pushups are awesome for grip strenght and forearm strength which are INTEGRAL in all facets of basketball. Pull-ups and weighted pull-ups are flat out superior to lat pull downs. Invest in those. Don't see the purpose of back extensions if you're really busting your azz doing Deadlifts. Rows are great... the more you row the less you are prone to any rotator cuf injury. Flies are more of a pretty boy exercise.. but keep that sh!t up for aesthetics I suppose.. they don't serve a purpsoe on the basketball court.

Your plyometrics are fantastic.. but step-ups.. Really? Why? Deadlift's are good ramp that sh!t up. Do singles if you have to, and once a week.

Good-mornings, Bulgarian Split Squats (easy on the knees/lighter weight), Anderson Front Squats, Reverse HYperextensions, and Glute Ham Raises are FAR superior exercises to step ups in putting on azz/ham/quad mass, agility, explosiveness, speed, and power. Period.

You are a beast OJ and improving no doubt, but here's just some tips for cutting out trash that won't reap too many benefits, and replacing it with great functional exercises.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #4114
JEFFERSON MONEY
Glory be to Allah

I enjoyed that synopsis thoroughly Gobb, but I don't play COD. Still though its good to see that dramatic flair u once had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
Ether'd

AND WHO. THE. F*CK. ARE. YOU. to discern whether someone is ethered or not? You don't even know Nas. F*cking dirt dum failure. Since when did a quick glance at someone reveal their entire character and corresponding capabilities? But then again we're dealing with, by all means, the most racist huamn being. Yep, you heard it here again. IT's not whites, blacks, latinos, or eskimos who hate others the most. It has, was, and will always be a sect of Asians who perceived others as barbarians.

You are even worse than Gobb. You're an underachieving nitwit little f*cking small-d!cked basturd who's a disgrace. Go fvcking rebel against your parents and attempt to be accepted by a diff community. WHat's sad is that Rezznor and Jet are up here providing FANTASTIC role models for the entire AZN community, but somehow, someway you done fukkin skipped over all the sh!t needed to become a respectable man. How could you do that you shortsighted bastard? You are the MISCENEGATED EMBODIMENT of the American loser that plagues the boards these days. I hate to reiterate Starface's consistent astute criticisms, but laziness, stupidity, worthlessness, devoid of masculinity, lackadaisal, nincompoope. These and more apply to your faggot azz.

I'm still baffled at how you think you are worthy of the life bestowed upon you. Friggin jacking off your skinny widdle weiner. Do your socks a favor and KEEP YOUR SEED OUTTA IT! Nobody wants your baby batter until you prove that you're a real man and not just a pretender. N.O.B.O.D.Y! Not the sink, not the toilet, not the lowliest of girls, and certainly not your moms after picking that stuff up at the bottom of the laundry stack. Sticky stuckey.

You come here and I see your worthelss avatar and I pray that I see something worthwhile coming from your mouth but its just lifeless negativity. The type of person to go "meh" over and over again.

I want your soul, motherfukker. I wanna take you and transform you into a beast. Please allow me to guide you on the path of greatness? I bid you adieu!
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #4115
ace23

Do you do that shit everyday, OJ? Damn, that's a lot of work.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #4116
lilojmayo
TP23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Bro, if it's pure raw strength you desire then may I offer a few suggestions?

Instead of preacher curls (which are focused more on isolated bicep hypertrophy) why don't you focus on PENDLAY ROWS and T-Bar Rows. These incorporate biceps as well but they are pretty much the totality of your pulling power... YOu see a dude grab a reb and you wanna wrestle it out of their arms.. you are goign to USE UR BACK to pull that sh!t.

Shoulder shrugs are absolutely worthless. Shoulder raisers are almost worthless. Cable bicep curls suck too. Shoulder pressers with DB's controlled slowly are awesome. I'd suggest skipping out on the first 3 exercises I just listed and do WEIGHTED CHINS and UPper Clean + Presses. If you really want your triceps to have that pushing strength, and that fluidity to extend your range then do CLOSE-GRIP BENCH PRESS, CALIFORNIA PRESSES, and SKULLCRUSHERS.

For chest, you got your sh!t down. One thing I learned (From ced lol) was that finger pushups are awesome for grip strenght and forearm strength which are INTEGRAL in all facets of basketball. Pull-ups and weighted pull-ups are flat out superior to lat pull downs. Invest in those. Don't see the purpose of back extensions if you're really busting your azz doing Deadlifts. Rows are great... the more you row the less you are prone to any rotator cuf injury. Flies are more of a pretty boy exercise.. but keep that sh!t up for aesthetics I suppose.. they don't serve a purpsoe on the basketball court.

Your plyometrics are fantastic.. but step-ups.. Really? Why? Deadlift's are good ramp that sh!t up. Do singles if you have to, and once a week.

Good-mornings, Bulgarian Split Squats (easy on the knees/lighter weight), Anderson Front Squats, Reverse HYperextensions, and Glute Ham Raises are FAR superior exercises to step ups in putting on azz/ham/quad mass, agility, explosiveness, speed, and power. Period.

You are a beast OJ and improving no doubt, but here's just some tips for cutting out trash that won't reap too many benefits, and replacing it with great functional exercises.

uh thanks for all that info. but some of those i do. i just didn't list it which is why i said ' etc' such as t-row, bugarian split squats, front squats, and skull crushers.

to sum it up i do 4 bicep exercises, 4 tricep exercises, 4 shoulder exercises on arm day. 4 chest exercises, and 4 exercises for chest/back. then leg day 4 exercises for leg daay.

but i see what you mean, by cut out the garbage exercise and emphasis the good ones.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #4117
lilojmayo
TP23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Do you do that shit everyday, OJ? Damn, that's a lot of work.

No its physically impossible to do that everyday, unless your taken pretty strong supplements, that allows you to recover like a robot. those were just my long days, the days where all my workouts i do overlap.

i lift 3-4 times a week
explosive training 2-3 times a week.
some sort of basketball something everyday though pretty much.

and i do other shyt also like hand eye coordination exercises, watch film etc. i shoot about 97% from the Ft line now when i practice. millwad to put that perspective back when i was younger the liloj you remember, it was like 67% percentish if i had to ball park it. like an average high school bball player shooting fts.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #4118
Balla_Status

Do you even play basketball competitively?
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #4119
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
No he does all of that for shits and giggles.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #4120
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
down-syndrome statement of the year?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #4121
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
No he does all of that for shits and giggles.

1. He posts on ISH.

2. Some people view "competitively" differently. Like community college or D3...eh that's a stretch. Wouldn't really call a low level like that "competitive."

3. He said he went to USC at some point during his ISH career. Pretty sure he doesn't play on the basketball team. If he does, sweet.

Last edited by Balla_Status : 11-28-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #4122
1manfastbreak
cookies or better

Quote:
1. He posts on ISH.

2. Some people view "competitively" differently. Like community college or D3...eh that's a stretch. Wouldn't really call a low level like that "competitive."

3. He said he went to USC at some point during his ISH career. Pretty sure he doesn't play on the basketball team. If he does, sweet.

since when is any form of college basketball "low level" and not "competitive" ? have u ever watched a jc basketball game before?
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #4123
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
since when is any form of college basketball "low level" and not "competitive" ? have u ever watched a jc basketball game before?
I go to a lot of D3 games. The best D3 players are just as good as some of the D1 guys I know who play at low D1 mid-majors. I know players at D1 schools Wagner U and Monmouth U and have seen D3 guys just as good so yeah, can't discredit D3 ball.

http://www.rutgersnewarkathletics.co...24&path=mbball

I seen that guy hit 9/13 threes in a game, little brothers/sisters of the other team's players were getting his autograph
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:51 AM   #4124
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Good to see you are doing it well bro, we need to keep our conversation for some updates OJ
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #4125
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak

Pretty much. I played D3 and have friends playing overseas right now in various leagues. I also know people from JC that transferred D1 and are playing overseas(one was invited to multiple draft camps). His whole entire squad went D1, they just didn't get competitive before they transferred.

I will say this about lilOJ...he seems to place too much significance of the work he puts in, like no one else is doing it. His workouts sounds very NORMAL.

Quote:
i shoot about 97% from the Ft line now when i practice

it is just stuff like this that kinda makes me laugh. But more power to ya. I hope you can walk on to the USC team. Just make sure you keep your academics up(not saying that you aren't doing it now) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball4life
down-syndrome statement of the year?

is it really though? has he ever played high school or colllege. Sounds like a summer league guy to me. And there are very few summer leagues that are like the real thing basketball wise. talent maybe higher in some summer leagues but the game is different.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 11-29-2011 at 10:49 AM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: