Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2012, 02:03 AM   #5056
SourPatchKids
o()xxx[{::::::::::::>
 
SourPatchKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Västerås
Posts: 6,576
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Everyone else in that picture except the bartender is fat. You're probably the best looking guy in Wisconsin.
Second though. Next to brandon jennings of course
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:11 AM   #5057
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33,427
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Everyone else in that picture except the bartender is fat. You're probably the best looking guy in Wisconsin.
This is true, at least the fat part. I would say 65% to 70% of people in Wisconsin are near obese. I wouldn't be surprised if that's a good estimate. It's a shame really.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:23 AM   #5058
Balla_Status
______________________
 
Balla_Status's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,762
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Here's another picture just for you.


Don't understand why parents bring kids to bars. Stay at home.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:24 AM   #5059
Kevin Love
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 54
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Don't understand why parents bring kids to bars. Stay at home.

Hmm, crazy thought...is it all possible that it's a restaurant that happens to have a bar? Surely there's no such thing?
Kevin Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:36 AM   #5060
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17,066
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Don't understand why parents bring kids to bars. Stay at home.

It looks like it might be a 'restaurant/bar'.

When I used to go to bars, there was dudes that would take their kids all the time. Monday Night Football, Sunday Football, Laker games you name it. It was like a night out with them (all boys).
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:47 AM   #5061
Balla_Status
______________________
 
Balla_Status's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,762
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
It looks like it might be a 'restaurant/bar'.

When I used to go to bars, there was dudes that would take their kids all the time. Monday Night Football, Sunday Football, Laker games you name it. It was like a night out with them (all boys).

Sure, could be one. Just wouldn't seat small kids near a bar.

Regardless, I've seen parents take babies into packed bars to watch UFC fights. They cry and don't take them out of the bar...Seems to be a regular occurrence and I don't understand why parents think their kids are so special.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:51 AM   #5062
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
StateProperty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMore, MD
Posts: 6,112
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
I don't understand why parents think their kids are so special.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:40 AM   #5063
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17,066
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Sure, could be one. Just wouldn't seat small kids near a bar.

Regardless, I've seen parents take babies into packed bars to watch UFC fights. They cry and don't take them out of the bar...Seems to be a regular occurrence and I don't understand why parents think their kids are so special.
Carlin is that you?
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #5064
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33,427
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Don't understand why parents bring kids to bars. Stay at home.
Neither do I. I totally see eye-to-eye with you on that point. Now, in regards to the picture here are a few things you should know...

1.) The establishment is called Champion's Riverside Resort. It's a restaurant
that features a bar that is mainly actually a campground for people to buy spots or rent spots for their campers.

http://www.championsriversideresort.com/

2.) Me and my wife don't drink...at all...ever for the most part.

3.) We were there because former Green Bay Packer and Superbowl Champ Craig Newsome was there doing a promotion and signing autographs.

4.) It's not one of those types of bars where people are totally fools. Are you not going to sit your kids near the bar at the Olive Garden? If it's an actual bar bar where people go there to act retarded, then I understand that. But these are just people here to have a a few drinks after work and to have a good time at the promotion. Not get wasted.

...in all we were there 3 hours. Our daughter didn't cry once. she actually had a lot of fun. Everyone had fun, no one acted retarded, although Newsome looked like he was sort of high. LOL

Last edited by Meticode : 08-31-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #5065
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 3,699
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

If Hawker is allowed to sit at the bar, I see no reason why other small kids shouldn't be allowed.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #5066
Raz
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
If Hawker is allowed to sit at the bar, I see no reason why other small kids shouldn't be allowed.

Bro, you need to try and find Hawker's myspace page - I remember he gave us the link to listen to one of his songs, he's pretty tight on the guitar, but he was trying to sing like that Oasis douche. Terrible voice.

Where is Hawker these days? I could write a mildly successful sitcom based on Hawker moving to 'Merica to live with geeWiz and GoRapz in a dorm room. Imagine how much fun that would be? geeWiz staying up late to edit Hawker's essay spelling and grammar, only for GoRapz to be woken up from the typing, stands up and has his boxers plastered to his stomach from all the nasty old spunk he keeps in there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #5067
RaininTwos
Betrayed
 
RaininTwos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,409
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
16 years old

03!

@ that swag
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #5068
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 3,699
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
Bro, you need to try and find Hawker's myspace page - I remember he gave us the link to listen to one of his songs, he's pretty tight on the guitar, but he was trying to sing like that Oasis douche. Terrible voice.

Where is Hawker these days? I could write a mildly successful sitcom based on Hawker moving to 'Merica to live with geeWiz and GoRapz in a dorm room. Imagine how much fun that would be? geeWiz staying up late to edit Hawker's essay spelling and grammar, only for GoRapz to be woken up from the typing, stands up and has his boxers plastered to his stomach from all the nasty old spunk he keeps in there.

Isn't balla_status, hawker? A lot of people changed names....I don't know anything anymore. lol

Hawker is smart enough that he wouldn't need geeWiz to edit his papers...but he'd do it anyways without permission cause he's a snobbish loser.

"Ummm....so I was walking by your desk and saw this essay you were writing out underneath your text books in your locked bottom drawer.....took that as an invitation to change some words....you know add a syllable here and there.....ever heard of a thesaurus, bro?"

"Hey...who ate my pizza? Uhhhh....what?...Glue...that's glue...."
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #5069
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Under Iraq, beside a tree.
Posts: 14,078
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
This is true, at least the fat part. I would say 65% to 70% of people in Wisconsin are near obese. I wouldn't be surprised if that's a good estimate. It's a shame really.
oh, wisconsin? i thought you were in cleveland for some reason.

anyway, gotta be tough staying trim in a land of cheese and beer, no?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #5070
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33,427
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
oh, wisconsin? i thought you were in cleveland for some reason.

anyway, gotta be tough staying trim in a land of cheese and beer, no?
Sometimes yes, but not in a tempting way. It's more or less frustration because that's what people do here. They drink, go out to eat and get fat. They get frustrated with you if you can't go out and join them.

But tempting? No. I look at people and see how overweight they are, unhealthy they are which is what I was and it doesn't tempt me at all.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy