Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #5341
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,688
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I dont trust anyone with no neck. Better hit him with a chair it or truck!


Damn, why a truck, that escalated quickly

I've lost about 15lbs since that picture (was 242lbs), so you can trust me since my neck has thinned out a little bit
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #5342
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,185
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Cool!

I need to try to run in them as well then, my knee has been busted after I got hit when I played for Sweden against a manchild from Hungary. After that I have had a hard time finding shoes, the more cushioning shoes have, the harder it gets to run in them, at least for me. Most training shoes have too much cushioning anyway, especially basketball shoes..


By the way, how is it with your toes, don't you ever land in a bad way?
my toes are fine. you learn to be careful, but i'm always barefoot anyways so im used to it.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:16 AM   #5343
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,688
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
my toes are fine. you learn to be careful, but i'm always barefoot anyways so im used to it.


You have to land on your toes I'm assuming? My gait usually breaks down the longer I run, have you tried doing squats with them or deadlifts?
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #5344
plowking
Verticle?
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: We goin' Sizzler
Posts: 27,759
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
You have to land on your toes I'm assuming? My gait usually breaks down the longer I run, have you tried doing squats with them or deadlifts?

Don't most people do squats and deadlifts barefoot? I don't see how doing them in those things would be any harder.

You said you were 242lbs? Damn, how tall are you?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 AM   #5345
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,688
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Don't most people do squats and deadlifts barefoot? I don't see how doing them in those things would be any harder.

You said you were 242lbs? Damn, how tall are you?

I hate taking off my shoes in the gym, the floor is slippery and doesn't have much grip to it so I'm nervous I might slip when I do squats.

I am 6"0 1/2 without shoes to be exact, been lifting heavy for a couple of years now. But started doing a cut last month, hoping to see more definition as I was starting to get a little too bulky/power lifter looking in the 240 range.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:20 AM   #5346
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33,209
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

A few days ago after an orientation for my new job.

Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:22 AM   #5347
SourPatchKids
o()xxx[{::::::::::::>
 
SourPatchKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Västerås
Posts: 6,609
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Looking sharp. Good choice of timepiece and mobile phone.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:26 AM   #5348
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33,209
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Looking sharp. Good choice of timepiece and mobile phone.
I'm pretty certain my next phone will not be a Rezound, unless HTC does a Nexus series phone. My next upgrade isn't until April of 2013. That of which then I will be doing heavy research. I'm going to want something that has very good battery life. The Rezound gets me through a day for the most part, but if I do heavy use it sucks the battery up pretty fast because of the screen + small 1620 mAH battery.

Watch is a simple 7 year old Fossil that was $105 if I remember correctly. I plan on buying a Citizen Eco-Drive after February. It'll probably end up being $300-$400 unless I get a good deal on it.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #5349
plowking
Verticle?
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: We goin' Sizzler
Posts: 27,759
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

I like leather straps on my watches rather than links. But apparently the links are the way to go for something more formal. I couldn't disagree more since I think the leather looks far classier. Guess its just a matter of taste...
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:11 AM   #5350
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33,209
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I like leather straps on my watches rather than links. But apparently the links are the way to go for something more formal. I couldn't disagree more since I think the leather looks far classier. Guess its just a matter of taste...
I like the feel of leather better, but the look of links more.

Maybe make a watch that has metal links, but has felt on the inside of the link to make it more comfortable.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:17 AM   #5351
plowking
Verticle?
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: We goin' Sizzler
Posts: 27,759
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I like the feel of leather better, but the look of links more.

Maybe make a watch that has metal links, but has felt on the inside of the link to make it more comfortable.



Its the actual look of the leather I like better. I think it might just be the contrast of the metal and leather, rather than everything being shiny, glossy and metallic.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:21 AM   #5352
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33,209
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking


Its the actual look of the leather I like better. I think it might just be the contrast of the metal and leather, rather than everything being shiny, glossy and metallic.
I prefer a mix of shiny and brushed metal myself. Matches my wedding band as well.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 AM   #5353
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 30,103
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I'm pretty certain my next phone will not be a Rezound, unless HTC does a Nexus series phone. My next upgrade isn't until April of 2013. That of which then I will be doing heavy research. I'm going to want something that has very good battery life. The Rezound gets me through a day for the most part, but if I do heavy use it sucks the battery up pretty fast because of the screen + small 1620 mAH battery.

Watch is a simple 7 year old Fossil that was $105 if I remember correctly. I plan on buying a Citizen Eco-Drive after February. It'll probably end up being $300-$400 unless I get a good deal on it.
I have an Eco-Drive. Bought it several years ago... Best watch I've ever owned. Still looks the way it did the day I bought it.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:19 AM   #5354
Edwin
Serious playground baller
 
Edwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 429
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Not sure how late I am or if anyone cares to see what I look like, but this is what I look like:





Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #5355
SAKOTXA
College superstar
 
SAKOTXA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,682
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

plucked eyebrows

Would not hit
SAKOTXA is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy