Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #736
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
The whole "genius's who dropped out of college exist" argument is so complete bullshit, its like not going to swim in the ocean because a shark might eat you.

Okay.
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #737
DeAndre Gordon
Banned

DeAndre Gordon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The whole "genius's who dropped out of college exist" argument is so complete bullshit, its like not going to swim in the ocean because a shark might eat you.

And the nominees for Worst Analogy I've Ever Heard....

vapid - "Dropping out of college is like getting eaten by a shark..."
DeAndre Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #738
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAndre Gordon
And the nominees for Worst Analogy I've Ever Heard....

Vapid - "Dropping out of college is like getting eaten by a shark..."

Old 03-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #739
DeAndre Gordon
Banned

DeAndre Gordon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The whole "genius's who dropped out of college exist"

Also, are you one of these "genius's" that dropped out?

Because most "college's" teach the difference between plural and possessive.
DeAndre Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #740
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Lol at the people posting and pm'ing about posting resume. I'm not insecure, I'm sick of GP talking shit for years and challenged him. Nothing can come of my resume. There are millions of resumes online already including my own. Nothing can come of it. No vital info listed. What are you gonna do; call my advisor and say your student posts on a message board? He already sees me on there all day. My name isn't even listed on my departmental website. Bunch of idiots here.

Nothing against you or anyone on this site and I dont see a problem with you posting your Resume. Nothing is gonna happen to you. It does smack of insecurity though, and its a little weird. Not a life altering decision, just a ****ing resume.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:09 PM   #741
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
Nothing against you or anyone on this site and I dont see a problem with you posting your Resume. Nothing is gonna happen to you. It does smack of insecurity though, and its a little weird. Not a life altering decision, just a ****ing resume.

Ha, well GP brought it out of me. Guy is a ****ing poser.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #742
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

I'm sorry, I didn't anticipate that you couldn't connect the dots.

Non-degree holding hyper-intelligent people are very rare, and should not be an example of how to live your life, just like the chances of getting killed by a shark when you're swimming in the ocean.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:16 PM   #743
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Lol at the people posting and pm'ing about posting resume. I'm not insecure, I'm sick of GP talking shit for years and challenged him. Nothing can come of my resume. There are millions of resumes online already including my own. Nothing can come of it. No vital info listed. What are you gonna do; call my advisor and say your student posts on a message board? He already sees me on there all day. My name isn't even listed on my departmental website. Bunch of idiots here.

You were like the best, at like FORESTRY. Or like Sociology or stuff like that.

If it was engineering, real sciences (Physics/Chem/Bio), or even business, that would be far more impressive. Why? Because they are more competitive, and at least engineering/real sciences are far more difficult. I'd say business is too. Ecology or forestry are not competitive nor difficult. Let's face it. How many kids want to go into forestry vs. maybe like an MBA or something.

Also funny how I didn't see any undergrad transcripts. I wonder why Josh Welch?
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #744
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well like every thread I've ever made this one started off well and degenerated into a complete waste of bandwidth. I never learn.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #745
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't anticipate that you couldn't connect the dots.

Non-degree holding hyper-intelligent people are very rare, and should not be an example of how to live your life, just like the chances of getting killed by a shark when you're swimming in the ocean.
lol talk about complete bullshit.

maybe in your asian academic driven world that's the case but in the real world it's hardly true. i know lots of college drop outs and even high school drop outs who are ultra successful in their various fields or mediums.

i'm not condoning dropping out of school and it's not a path i'd encourage someone to take but it's definitely far from rare to see 'hyper intelligent' drop outs.

Last edited by AtomSmasher : 03-13-2010 at 11:26 PM.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #746
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20

You were like the best, at like FORESTRY. Or like Sociology or stuff like that.

If it was engineering, real sciences (Physics/Chem/Bio), or even business, that would be far more impressive. Why? Because they are more competitive, and at least engineering/real sciences are far more difficult. I'd say business is too. Ecology or forestry are not competitive nor difficult. Let's face it. How many kids want to go into forestry vs. maybe like an MBA or something.

Also funny how I didn't see any undergrad transcripts. I wonder why Josh Welch?

It's mostly BIO you dipshit. You have no concept of graduate academics, and undergraduate transcripts aren't available online for GVSU if you were a freshman before 1999. Might even be 2000. I don't have a set.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #747
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It's mostly BIO you dipshit. You have no concept of graduate academics, and undergraduate transcripts aren't available online for GVSU if you were a freshman before 1999. Might even be 2000. I don't have a set.

Please, stop talking to him.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:26 PM   #748
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
lol talk about complete bullshit.

maybe in your asian academic driven world that's the case but in the real world it's hardly true. i know lots of college drop outs and even high school drop outs who are ultra successful in their various fields or mediums.

i'm not condoning dropping out of school and it's not a path i'd encourage someone to take but it's definitely far from rare to see 'hyper intelligent' drop outs.
I'm sure they're clever and well-off but successful and hyper intelligent/bastions of business success/on the forefront of the avante-garde are different things.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:28 PM   #749
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Did you get a BS in Biology? No
Did you get a MS in Biology? No
In your transcript, do I see more Biology or more other things? More other things.

Yet it's mostly Biology. GTFO.

As I said earlier, Ecology/Forestry folks are mostly guys who weren't smart enough for Bio, and Bio wannabes.

Just like you. You wish it was Biology. Pretend all you want. But it's FORESTRY you are getting a Masters in, not Biology. Can't change the facts.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #750
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
Did you get a BS in Biology? No
Did you get a MS in Biology? No
In your transcript, do I see more Biology or more other things? More other things.

Yet it's mostly Biology. GTFO.

As I said earlier, Ecology/Forestry folks are mostly guys who weren't smart enough for Bio, and Bio wannabes.

Just like you. You wish it was Biology. Pretend all you want. But it's FORESTRY you are getting a Masters in, not Biology. Can't change the facts.

I'm going to bed. You just reached a whole new level of stupidity. Congrats.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: