Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #751
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Plenty of intelligent people who never even stepped foot on a campus. Which is why I asked for professional success, academics, anything from GP.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #752
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
I'm going to bed. You just reached a whole new level of stupidity. Congrats.

Great. Looks like the new level I've reached is 0% stupidity. Thanks. Go to bed now .
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #753
GP_20
Glove

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansMoleman
i still cant believe it. forestry. phuckin forestry

No man, it's Biology. Forestry is more Biology than Forestry.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #754
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't know about you guys, but all the school drop outs here in Toronto are pretty much idiots I can't see anyone dropping out of school and being better off than someone else UNLESS they revolutionalize the world a la Google, Youtube, Facebook, etc.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #755
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Don't know about you guys, but all the school drop outs here in Toronto are pretty much idiots I can't see anyone dropping out of school and being better off than someone else UNLESS they revolutionalize the world a la Google, Youtube, Facebook, etc.
it's tough revolutionalizing the world these days...
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #756
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

One of the most brilliant people I've ever met dropped out of college when we were both sophomores. The structure of higher education just wasn't his thing. Truth is he was way smarter than most of his profs. Walked away from a Morehead Scholarship too. (full ride at UNC)
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #757
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ha, all my classes are through Biology, they cross list them in Forestry so we can make our FOR credit requirements.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:42 PM   #758
GP_20
Glove

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Ha, all my classes are through Biology, they cross list them in Forestry so we can make our FOR credit requirements.
Yeah but you know those Biology students, they have to take much more advance Biology classes than the ones you have to take for Forestry. That's why they are getting a masters in Biology, and you are not. It's as simple as that.

Like I said, come talk to me when you get a degree in a competitive field. The ones I can type and think of in 30 seconds,

Physics
All types of Engineering (with few exceptions)
Chemistry
Biology
Finance
Business Admin.
Accounting
Math
Astronomy
Law School Degree
Medical School Degree
Dental School Degree
Statistics
MBA
Economics

I'll stop there, but you get the point, there are a lot more, but these are COMPETITIVE fields. Forestry is not. They are glad that anyone wants to study Forestry.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:45 PM   #759
GP_20
Glove

And before you say anything else, like "I also take this and that"

You are getting a masters in FORESTRY. Read that. I'm talking about getting a Masters in those fields. Not taking classes from it. Since you are NOT getting it from there, end of conversation.

And I'll once again laugh at you
And leave
Old 03-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #760
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

Yeah glove you really have no idea what you are talking about. By the sounds of it deuce has done a heap of micro plant biology, which is just as intense as any standard human biol subject. FYI, i am currently doing my bachelor of science majoring in biomedical science to go into medicine. In a heap of my courses there are ecology students doing biol subjects that count towards both degrees and i have done some ecology courses as electives. The ecology stuff has a heavier emphasis on maths/stats with alot of concept work while my microbiol and human systems subjects is just remembering a **** load of pathways, proteins, etc.

If DW was getting top marks in his field of work he could just as easily get top marks in biol- but obviously his passion is what he does. He also grows some bad ass tomatoes.

Once again, you are wrong.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 AM   #761
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Ha, graduate plant physiology is insane and so is autecology. If I did it for humans I could be a medical dr, but that doesn't interest me.

You have no idea what you're talking about GP. I've taken, physiology, chemistry, molecular biology, community ecology, autecology, landscape ecology. I can walk outside and tell you everything that's happening from the sub-cellular level all the way up to massive ecoregions.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:05 AM   #762
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
lol talk about complete bullshit.

maybe in your asian academic driven world that's the case but in the real world it's hardly true. i know lots of college drop outs and even high school drop outs who are ultra successful in their various fields or mediums.

i'm not condoning dropping out of school and it's not a path i'd encourage someone to take but it's definitely far from rare to see 'hyper intelligent' drop outs.
Also, whats with the implicit racist undertones? Asians are as artistic and multi-talented as any other group of people.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #763
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Also, whats with the implicit racist undertones? Asians are as artistic and multi-talented as any other group of people.
Blatant lie jk

GP you are a f*cking idiot. I am no fan of DW, in fact I think he is a bit of a prick on here a bunch. But you are being a full out moron. And on top of that you aren't even trying to defend your own achievments (or lack there of) you just turn and hide and post smileys.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:10 AM   #764
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
it was not intended to be racist although it may have came off that way. asians seem to really value academics and the majority of asians i know (at least in North America) are well educated. i respect asians immensely and in your circle i don't doubt that those who aren't educated are not deemed 'successful'.

Last edited by AtomSmasher : 03-14-2010 at 12:19 AM.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:14 AM   #765
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
it was not intended to be racist although it may have came off that way. asians seem to really value academics and the majority of asians i know (at least in North America) are well educated. i respect asians immensely and in your circle i don't doubt that those who aren't educated are not deemed 'successful'.
I'm sure you didn't mean it but negative stereotypes on asians seem to get away a lot more than other racial groups on ISH.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: