Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-14-2010, 12:19 AM   #766
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Asians are alpha in academics. It's unfortunate that they are beta in athletics, but, hey, you can't win em all
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:20 AM   #767
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Asians are alpha in academics. It's unfortunate that they are beta in athletics, but, hey, you can't win em all
Jin could probably take everyone on LOST except keamy and sayid!
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #768
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Jin could probably take everyone on LOST except keamy and sayid!

no homo but I want his body. That's my goal:

Jin has always been alpha.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:26 AM   #769
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We have a ton of Chinese grad students and post docs in our department.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:23 AM   #770
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitz77
Goes into the game? Wrong Jersey? I was practice bro. Your real tough over the internet. Probably some nerd that doesnt have no self esteme in real life. Gotta be a G on the net. Its cool mane, I get it..

you got the wrong idea man, I don't mean you any disrespect. Just kind of how this thread goes, somebody posts their pic, everybody else makes smart ass comments. All love I assure you. You look like a cool guy. Peace, truce, etc. Any Jo-Ho (Josh Howard) fan is okay by me.

edit-
To prove I'm not some nerd:

edit# 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnel vision
You can all say
whatever you want but for a
guy like Lamar Doom, as fat and ugly
as he is, to diss others on here
is hilarious.

see? some harmless ribbing from my favorite poster tunnel vision. Is that a haiku? This guy is a riot. We go way back.

To settle the other argument, the smartest guy I know is an asian drop out so ya'll need to cool it.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #771
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
see? some harmless ribbing from my favorite poster tunnel vision. Is that a haiku? This guy is a riot. We go way back.

AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:51 AM   #772
DeAndre Gordon
Banned

DeAndre Gordon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Don't know about you guys, but all the school drop outs here in Toronto are pretty much idiots I can't see anyone dropping out of school and being better off than someone else UNLESS they revolutionalize the world a la Google, Youtube, Facebook, etc.

You don't have to have a one-hit overnight invention.

The people who are successful and dropout are generally those who are extremely creative. And that doesn't necessarily mean art. It can be business (mark cuban), fashion (tommy hilfiger), technology (bill gates) or anything.

School is essentially committing other people's ideas to memory. The people who have the ideas that others go to school to learn, don't need a resume or a transcript to prove anything to anyone. Their ideas and innovations are the ones driving the fabric of society.

It's the majority public who don't have ideas that have to be able to go to an employer and say "here, this is what i was able to learn."

Last edited by DeAndre Gordon : 03-14-2010 at 01:59 AM.
DeAndre Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:53 AM   #773
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Lamar's Dwight from the Office look. Need to get him a puke yellow button up shirt
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:55 AM   #774
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Spring Break 2010!!!
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:56 AM   #775
DeAndre Gordon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Also, whats with the implicit racist undertones? Asians are as artistic and multi-talented as any other group of people.

Perhaps he meant Asian as a culture instead of Asian as a race?

An asian and a caucasion growing up in America will essentially be the same in terms of creativity and thought process, but not necessarily someone who grew up in China.

I don't know about other Asian languages but I know Chinese is an extremely simplistic, restrictive language. And language is one of the most direct factors in thought process. There's a reason why Chinese are essentially known for math. You can't write beautiful poetry in Chinese because they don't have near the superlatives or synonyms as in Romance languages. Their creativity is necessarily stifled by the language.

The idea that Chinese and other Asians are somewhat "robotic" in personality is no coincidence. And the fact that they are so enamored and fascinated with things like rap music and american celebrities and the like is not as well. Theirs is a very singularly focused culture. Traditionally there aren't nearly as many colors on the pallet so to speak. For them, not working a standard 9-5 isn't really a consideration, because there is no other forms of expression or production to consider (relative to American culture, of course). It's just not even something they'd think about.

So what AtomSmasher said is correct. In an Asian circle, not going the academic route is probably considered perilous and illogical. But that's simply their perception.

Last edited by DeAndre Gordon : 03-14-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #776
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAndre Gordon
Perhaps he meant Asian as a culture instead of Asian as a race?

An asian and a caucasion growing up in America will essentially be the same in terms of creativity and thought process, but not necessarily someone who grew up in China.

I don't know about other Asian languages but I know Chinese is an extremely simplistic, restrictive language. And language is one of the most direct factors in thought process. There's a reason why Chinese are essentially known for math. You can't write beautiful poetry in Chinese because they don't have near the superlatives or synonyms as in Romance languages. Their creativity is necessarily stifled by the language.
i like your style kid.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:06 AM   #777
DeAndre Gordon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
i like your style kid.

indeed, i actually added a few further clarifications.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:06 AM   #778
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAndre Gordon
indeed, i actually added a few further clarifications.
i read them and enjoyed them, along with everything else i've read from you in your short posting career.

keep up the good work.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:07 AM   #779
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
i like your style kid.
I was thinking the same thing. Top newcomer award is still up for grabs, DeAndre. Go get that thang.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:08 AM   #780
DeAndre Gordon
Banned

Quote:
i read them and enjoyed them, along with everything else i've read from you in your short posting career.

it aint as short as you think

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: