Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-21-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default 2010 draft thread

Does anyone know about our draft situation after we gleaned that pick from the Bucks?

I have no clue as to how that works....

Anyway, I think our draft depends on what [if any] FA we can snag this off season....combine that with a high draft pick and hopefully we can improve a few notches and challenge for the east conf crown!

Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
bullz_rule21
Decent playground baller

bullz_rule21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2010 draft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Does anyone know about our draft situation after we gleaned that pick from the Bucks?

I have no clue as to how that works....

Anyway, I think our draft depends on what [if any] FA we can snag this off season....combine that with a high draft pick and hopefully we can improve a few notches and challenge for the east conf crown!

The draft pick was from the Bobcats and all i know is that it is a 1 round draft pick.
bullz_rule21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

The pick from the Bobcats isn't for this years draft. We have the option to take it starting next year. It is lottery protected. The Bucks have the option to switch picks with us in this years draft.

We should keep the pick and draft Xavier Henry, we could use him like OKC uses James Harden. Off the bench shooter that has the green light at all times.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

xavier henry will be lottery i dont care what mocks say about him, we have no chance at him
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

I agree Henry will probably go in the 8 to 11 range. I just wish we could get him. He's 18 and can shoot from anywhere. Not to mention he is left handed. If he somehow slips we should jump all over him.

West Virginia has a shooting guard that is really talented. I can't think of his name right now. He can really stroke also.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Avery Bradley, Xavier Henry, Willie Warren, Dominique Jones, Jerome Dyson, James Anderson, Elliot Williams
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknc
I agree Henry will probably go in the 8 to 11 range. I just wish we could get him. He's 18 and can shoot from anywhere. Not to mention he is left handed. If he somehow slips we should jump all over him.

West Virginia has a shooting guard that is really talented. I can't think of his name right now. He can really stroke also.

Da'Sean Butler.

I'm so what iffy on him. He just started playing SG this season. He's more of a combo forward.

Y'all really need to check these guards out.

You guys should really watch out for James Anderson from Oklahoma State. This dude is a straight sniper from 3pt range and he can getto the bakset. He is really been putting up some big numbers the last few games. Here are some guards that have been stepping up that you should look out for around Tournament time in a week or 2.

Patrick Christopher- Cal
Manny Harris-Michigan
James Anderson-Oklahoma State
JP Prince-Tennesse
Jordan Crawford-Xavier
Scotty Hopson- University of Tennessee
William Buford-Ohio State
Malcolm Lee- UCLA
Dominique Jones-South Florida
Terrico White- Ole Miss
Durrell Summers-Michigan State
Iman Shumpert- Georgia Tech
Elliot Williams- Memphis
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Avery Bradley, Xavier Henry, Willie Warren, Dominique Jones, Jerome Dyson, James Anderson, Elliot Williams

Avery Bradley, Willie Warren, and Jerome Dyson are 6'2 -6'3 undersize SG. No more midgets.

The Bulls need a bigger guard to play next to D-Rose. The Bulls don't need a midget backcourt.

Avery Bradley, Willie Warren, and Jerome Dyson would be good 2nd round picks and could be used as a 6th man Jason Terry type player.

The 1st round pick should be used on either a low post scorer or a big SG.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #9
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

James Anderson or Larry Sanders. I would like to get Xavier Henry or Demarcus Cousins but it isn't happening now that the Bucks can switch picks and with us probably making the playoffs.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #10
idizzle
Good college starter

Another guy that I forgot about is Malcolm Lee from UCLA. Dude can play both guards spots. He might be around in the 2nd round of the draft.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Avery Bradley, Willie Warren, and Jerome Dyson are 6'2 -6'3 undersize SG. No more midgets.

The Bulls need a bigger guard to play next to D-Rose. The Bulls don't need a midget backcourt.

Avery Bradley, Willie Warren, and Jerome Dyson would be good 2nd round picks and could be used as a 6th man Jason Terry type player.

The 1st round pick should be used on either a low post scorer or a big SG.

Those were exactly my intentions for drafting them. Not as startes but as combo guards who can come off the bench and backup DRose as well as give us some minutes at backup SG. These guys came to mind with the combination of trading Hinrich and signing a proven guy to start at SG.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #12
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
James Anderson or Larry Sanders. I would like to get Xavier Henry or Demarcus Cousins but it isn't happening now that the Bucks can switch picks and with us probably making the playoffs.

The pick that they can switch is top 10 protected. Meaning if the Bulls end up in the lottery and get a top 10 pick, Milwaukee can not switch their pick for ours.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #13
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

I have a question that I've been meaning to ask:

If we trade Kirk Hinrich during the draft for a draft pick ,would a player or players have to be added to the deal to make it work?

Like the salaries still have to match up right?

Lets say Kirk's contract is 8.5M and the draft pick (depending what # the pick is) is worth 2M... Would another approximately 6M have to be added to the deal in order for it to work?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #14
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
The pick that they can switch is top 10 protected. Meaning if the Bulls end up in the lottery and get a top 10 pick, Milwaukee can not switch their pick for ours.
Good to know. Especially with our play as of late. Im still hoping for Sanders though. I think he can be a Paul Millsap kind of guy for us.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #15
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I have a question that I've been meaning to ask:

If we trade Kirk Hinrich during the draft for a draft pick ,would a player or players have to be added to the deal to make it work?

Like the salaries still have to match up right?

Lets say Kirk's contract is 8.5M and the draft pick (depending what # the pick is) is worth 2M... Would another approximately 6M have to be added to the deal in order for it to work?

Thanks in advance.

Interesting question.

Kirk's contract will be a expirer next season so I say its 50-50
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: