Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

DarkSephiroth has an OK reputation so far
Default Latest Basketball Clip

Latest Basketball Clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa24e9EgDos&fmt=22

Alex Mak (#32- Point Guard) Basketball Highlights from Taiwan Center Basketball tournament. Played at Alpine Rec. Center in Los Angeles, CA (Chinatown) on October 3rd & 4th. Teams Played against: PacRim, Tigers Blue, Taiwan Center, Orient Express.

It's basically highlights from a tournament that hosted some of the best Asian teams in the nation.

Little background on me: I played College Basketball at College of the Canyons in Valencia, CA. I'm Half Chinese / White, averaged 19 & 6 Assists in High School, played at Reseda High School. Graduated High School 2004, down the street from Jordan Farmar (Same year as well, but we were in different conferences). Currently play in various leagues around Los Angeles, but primarily in the San Fernando Valley, where I reside in Chatsworth, CA. I'm 6'0, 145 lbs. and have a history of ankle injuries, including a partially torn ligament in my left ankle sustained on October 18, 2009, which I'm still attempting to recover from.

I'm a frequent visitor to ISH, I'm here every day. I am generally a quiet person so I don't post to often, but I read most of the threads, mainly in the NBA and Streetball forum.

Last edited by DarkSephiroth : 02-21-2010 at 07:43 PM.
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Latest Basketball Clip

Nice highlights dude you look like a good player. Nice handle. Shot is a little unorthodox but it goes in. Around 5:40 is where you sprained your ankle huh? Damn that sucks and on a play like that where you are just dishing it that's even worse. At least if you were driving in the lane or something then it's like okay I can see it happening then... but a lot of the times it just happens at the dumbest of times.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:13 AM   #3
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

game didn't seem like much at first but once the intensity picked up i got interested. nice highlights man
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:01 AM   #4
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

No, I didn't hurt it there, luckily. I just went down hard. I sprained my ankle a few weeks later, when I went up for a layup and someone undercut me. It was in mid-october, and I'm still maybe at 60-70%. It's a pain.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:29 AM   #5
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Well I know exactly how you feel. I'm sure if you have been reading these forums you have heard about my hamstring. I'm not going to ***** about it anymore... but I'm just saying that I feel your pain. Yea the pain is annoying... but it's the mental aspect that get's you. The fact that you can't play without pain and fear of it getting worse and drawing it out even longer... gahh that's what is tough to take.

Keep taking it easy though man and just do what you can.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:36 AM   #6
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth
Latest Basketball Clip:

Alex Mak (#32- Point Guard) Basketball Highlights from Taiwan Center Basketball tournament. Played at Alpine Rec. Center in Los Angeles, CA (Chinatown) on October 3rd & 4th. Teams Played against: PacRim, Tigers Blue, Taiwan Center, Orient Express.

It's basically highlights from a tournament that hosted some of the best Asian teams in the nation.

Little background on me: I played College Basketball at College of the Canyons in Valencia, CA. I'm Half Chinese / White, averaged 19 & 6 Assists in High School, played at Reseda High School. Graduated High School 2004, down the street from Jordan Farmar (Same year as well, but we were in different conferences). Currently play in various leagues around Los Angeles, but primarily in the San Fernando Valley, where I reside in Chatsworth, CA. I'm 6'0, 145 lbs. and have a history of ankle injuries, including a partially torn ligament in my left ankle sustained on October 18, 2009, which I'm still attempting to recover from.

I'm a frequent visitor to ISH, I'm here every day. I am generally a quiet person so I don't post to often, but I read most of the threads, mainly in the NBA and Streetball forum.

Bro I think I played against you before. You ever play in PacRim or Superstar Basketball? I also used to play at Alpine alot on the weekends in my high school days (I went to Marshall class of 05).

I also remember Taiwan Center usually puts out their own team in PacRim. They played pretty good against us and we had a roster with D1 guys like Ruben Boykin and Rico Tucker that season.

EDIT: just watched the video, lol that Pacrim travel squad is basically the Flava team of Pacrim.

Last edited by dab0yech0 : 02-23-2010 at 05:38 AM.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:03 AM   #7
ElBronco
All that I can borrow

ElBronco has an OK reputation so far

With a pullup jumper like that, I could not defend you
ElBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:41 AM   #8
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

Yeah, the Taiwan Center team is really good. I don't play for them, but I am thinking about joining them. They have a lot of ex-college players on there that I'm buddies with.

Oh, the Pacrim game we played was not filmed, so it's technically not on the video. The PacRim team is usually their All-Star team with Alex and Lance, I'm sure you know of them if you're familiar with PacRim. I believe they're playing in the Philippines now professionally.

I actually live in Chatsworth, CA so I'm not in downtown LA too often, but I like to go around that area and Monterey Park to eat. XD

I haven't played in the PacRim league before, as it's a little far for me...

The ankle is getting better, (Well, it should after 4 months), but I estimate a full year until full recovery. For now, I'm jumping off my right foot constantly and taking most of my layups left handed.. which is fine since I've had left ankle problems before so my left is pretty much same as my right on layups. I don't have a whole lot of pain in the ankle right now, but the flexibility and strength is just not there. I'm still able to play at 80-90% depending upon the day though.. it just gets sore as hell after my games. But it's all in good fun, my love for basketball will never be quenched! =D
Old 02-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #9
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBronco
With a pullup jumper like that, I could not defend you

Eh, nobody can really guard me in a full court 5 on 5 game. My basketball IQ is too high, I'll pick people apart with whatever is there. I've played with college players, pro players, ex-NBA players, etc etc. Obviously this tournament had some sub-par defenders.. but even against the best defenders, I'll be able to use some kind of my skill or basketball ability, whether it's hitting the open shot (In High school, I shot 60% from the Field, 50% from 3pt, and 92% from the FT line), finding the open man (Passing is my favorite part of basketball), or whatever is applicable in game. I mean, even against the best defenders, I'm able to read the game and whatnot. It's all part of being Asian and intelligent! XD

Last edited by DarkSephiroth : 02-23-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #10
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

BrentISballin has decent reputationBrentISballin has decent reputation

nice highlights man. Whoever shot at 7:09 has the ugliest jumper i ever seen haha

Last edited by BrentISballin : 02-23-2010 at 04:16 PM.
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #11
e's Nikees
I brick open layups

e's Nikees has not been impressing people

I hate ankle injuries man. Sometimes it takes sooo long to heal.
e's Nikees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #12
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentISballin
nice highlights man. Whoever shot at 7:09 has the ugliest jumper i ever seen haha

Yeah, that's Brahmon Graves, 75% black, 25% Japanese. He played at Los Angeles Valley College years ago... (He's about 35.) His stroke is disgusting but it goes in somehow..
Old 03-01-2010, 05:14 AM   #13
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth
Latest Basketball Clip:

Very nice. I like your jumper even though you lean on it. That's one part of my game that I could never really figure out... being able to create my own jumper. Luckily, it was almost always "back off and let him shoot."

I know this sounds pathetic, but I envy you for one thing: you height. haha. Six feet isn't tall at all, but compared to me, it is. I'm like 5'6.5 and bball is my favorite sport. Sad, huh.

But you're half asian, too, huh? I'm half East-Indian... although I don't think it's why I'm such a midget.

Props. I'm dying for it to get warm out this year so I can put in some more work.

Keep posting these videos, too.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #14
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
Very nice. I like your jumper even though you lean on it. That's one part of my game that I could never really figure out... being able to create my own jumper. Luckily, it was almost always "back off and let him shoot."

I know this sounds pathetic, but I envy you for one thing: you height. haha. Six feet isn't tall at all, but compared to me, it is. I'm like 5'6.5 and bball is my favorite sport. Sad, huh.

But you're half asian, too, huh? I'm half East-Indian... although I don't think it's why I'm such a midget.

Props. I'm dying for it to get warm out this year so I can put in some more work.

Keep posting these videos, too.

-Smak

Height is somewhat irrelevant at the point guard position anyways. If you're shorter, you can make up for it with quickness, and court savvy. I almost always play against larger defenders, and I use my Basketball IQ to outsmart them. 5'7 is a fine height for a point guard at most levels. I have a team-mate who plays with me a whole bunch of leagues. He is about 5'7, but super athletic and can dunk. When I play him, it almost feels like he has a height advantage on me! I have to outquick and outsmart him constantly, whereas he can just rise up and over me on his end. Height is only an obstacle until you develop skills or abilities that can offset it. I was always tiny growing up (5'1 Freshman Year of High School), and I was doing fine on the basketball court. Luckily, I grew a lot in high school, but my game mechanics are still the same and I believe they would still work had I not grown.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "Lean" on my jumper. I jump slightly forward when I shoot the ball, it's something I've always done. But I'm still squared up and all the form mechanics are good, I don't really lean one way or the other unless I'm purposely shooting a fading shot of some sort.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #15
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Which ex-NBA players have you played against? And don't say MJ
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: